User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

ENTP

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Interesting choices everybody selected...

Member #1 is a confirmed ENFJ (Brendan). Curious that Mort Belfry's the only one who've gotten it correct... and he has changed his answer. Really, the point isn't to get the typing right, the point is to examine how people type...

Ooo Eagle kind of had it too.

So what are people's thoughts on this exercise? Is hindsight always 20-20? Can you now go back to the quotes and point out function XYZ?

My thoughts:
    Many people said NT because the comments were pragmatic... Aimahn mentioned how the topic of the posts points away from a thinker. However people didn't really take the overall theme of the posts into account. I said all the posts were selected at random... which means the member seems to engage mostly in relationship related threads as oppose to those about theories etc. Instead, people focused on the details... content within the posts. Does this in essence point to how we type in general? Look at specific incidents and ignore probability of occurrence? Of course I'm probably speculating too much.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

I agree

When people see that someone makes logical sense they automatically assume the person is a T type. I think this is an obvious bias for many including myself.

All the relationship talk should have given it away. Then again, this is still a bias as well. I'm sure there are plenty of Ts that prefer relationship threads.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Interesting choices everybody selected...

Member #1 is a confirmed ENFJ (Brendan). Curious that Mort Belfry's the only one who've gotten it correct... and he has changed his answer. Really, the point isn't to get the typing right, the point is to examine how people type...

Ooo Eagle kind of had it too.

So what are people's thoughts on this exercise? Is hindsight always 20-20? Can you now go back to the quotes and point out function XYZ?

My thoughts:
    Many people said NT because the comments were pragmatic... Aimahn mentioned how the topic of the posts points away from a thinker. However people didn't really take the overall theme of the posts into account. I said all the posts were selected at random... which means the member seems to engage mostly in relationship related threads as oppose to those about theories etc. Instead, people focused on the details... content within the posts. Does this in essence point to how we type in general? Look at specific incidents and ignore probability of occurrence? Of course I'm probably speculating too much.
    DO ME NEXT....

Oh wait. Now that I've said it, you can't now.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

deleted

Dang, someone failed to type him in the first place. ENFJ is close to ENFP. I don't know why I was seeing Ne. There must be something wrong with the functions.

MBTI
    INTP

Hey. I was close I said ENTP or INFJ. I knew there was a good amount of Fe in there. I just didn't think there was enough for a dominant based on the first and last post. I thought the "use the resources available," "I like to argue," and the "get over your fucking ego" indicated a more Ti "go about the process yourself I'm not really one to care or help you." The last quote gave away the gender for me. Since the person was clearly Fe and used Ti as a thinking process I thought it could have been an ENTP who valued relationships and consideration, or an INFJ who had a decent bit of Ti.

I think based on a small sample of 4 posts it's hard to judge the potency of a function. So picking dominant functions is a somewhat tentative process. I think the reluctance to have a more outwardly caring and helping stance is what shied me away from labeling them an Fe dominant. There is definitely some Ti hostility and reluctance for compassion there. A sense of rationalization and unwillingness to "blindly" try and accommodate even though it might not be the smart thing to do. The second quote showed some deconstruction and distinction which is quite common for a Ti type. Granted it's emotionally oriented so it makes it harder to judge the facility with the function.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

It's your best guess based off of someones typed comments. I think we all did pretty good. You can't get it right every time.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Member #1 is a confirmed ENFJ (Brendan). Curious that Mort Belfry's the only one who've gotten it correct... and he has changed his answer.
    Okay, I admit it: I googled the quotes; I won't do it again.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Lasting_Pain

I was closet, I said an ENTJ. I was one letter off.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    I was closet, I said an ENTJ. I was one letter off.
    Well, technically I was still the closest, what with the right answer and everything.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.