• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another "type this unknown forum member" game

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My random number generator says it's an INFP. :D

EDIT: I hadn't seen your post yet, it still counts! I was only one letter off.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Mort Belfry said:
Next one:

Short sentences: J
"If I cared I'd stop caring" - makes no sense: Te or Fi rather than Fe or Ti.
The fact you haven't done an S type yet: S
They're here: I

Answer: ISTJ

wat

Well it seems I was only wrong on one point, so it should be self evident.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The fact is, statistical odds just favor you depending on what type you pick. INTP is really a cheap shot, while if you say ESTJ you'd have to be so certain as to know the person, and therefore be disqualified. Or... Just be stupid enough to pick the almost non-existent ESTJ.

However, there's no actual reward for winning, and I've noticed that nightning has already picked people of relatively uncommon types around here, so it might not be such a good idea to play the odds.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Unknown Member #5

The fact is, statistical odds just favor you depending on what type you pick. INTP is really a cheap shot, while if you say ESTJ you'd have to be so certain as to know the person, and therefore be disqualified. Or... Just be stupid enough to pick the almost non-existent ESTJ.

However, there's no actual reward for winning, and I've noticed that nightning has already picked people of relatively uncommon types around here, so it might not be such a good idea to play the odds.

I am a psychology minor... do not play the odds... do not play with human natural tendencies either. I might or might not follow them. :devil:

Next member... batter's up! :D

--------

Member #5

I'm going to disagree with some of the other posters telling you to look at cognitive functions to determine your type. In my opinion, there's just too many holes in the theory to be a good indicator of your type is. It doesn't say how, for instance, an ISFP uses Si; or an INTJ uses Ti -- etc.

I have the best luck using Keirsey's approach of dividing the 16 types into four temperaments (SJ Guardian, SP Artisan, NT Rational, NF Idealist). It has the nice feature that it is more behavioral (focusing on communication styles, interaction, intelligence) and has the more holistic approach of emphasizing that a type is more than just the sum of the parts.

Smug disdain is becoming a big one for me.

I wish they had a smiley for that.

Is this statement a lie?

Edit: Bah, I didn't read the whole post. I'll make a list for myself later. My impulse control is low today. =p

I also obsess over Chopin's Nocturnes. Here's some I found on youtube

YouTube - Wladyslaw Szpilman plays Frederic Chopin's Nocturne in C#min
YouTube - Chopin Nocturne Op.9 No.2 (Arthur Rubinstein)
YouTube - Maurizio Pollini plays Chopin Nocturne no. 8 op. 27 no. 2

Edit: I just realized that Wladyslaw Szpilman, the guy in the first video, was who the movie The Pianist was about.

- slip n' slides
- catching fish, then releasing them
- kelp forests
- the funny Japanese family that lives upstairs
- getting chalk all over my clothes
- receiving those anonymous evaluations from students I've tutored
- tutoring for free
- Olympic National Park/Queets rain forest
- those little puffs of chalk dust when you pound on a chalk board
- Planet Earth DVDs
- colored chalk
- new potato gun designs
- chemistry
- ^ the kind between people, too
- coloring books
- scooters
- silly, goofy, yet intelligent and deep people
- my mom's hippy alternative medicine friends
- arguing with said friends...
- ... but them still loving me!

What do you guys think of this quote?

"People go to church for the same reasons they go to a tavern: to stupefy themselves, to forget their misery, to imagine themselves, for a few minutes anyway, free and happy... [As a] jealous lover of human liberty, deeming it the absolute condition of all that we admire and respect in humanity, I reverse the phrase of Voltaire, and say that, if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish him."

- Mikhail Bakunin

I had a huge discussion with one of my friends about it, who is something of a Deist, but I won't introduce our positions just right now in order to not influence this discussion.

So, thoughts?

I hear ya, man.

I wish I could offer some advice, but I'm terrible too. What's helped me is getting more involved and thus caring about what I produce, but I'm guessing that would be a bit harder for you since high school is structured in such a way as to kill any individual contributions. (lol)

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
ESTJ? er uh. i don't know. You're right. it's startin to become rocket science.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a psychology minor... do not play the odds... do not play with human natural tendencies either. I might or might not follow them. :devil:

Hah, well that's perfect. There's a fair chance I'll be a sociology major, so no wonder I'd play the odds and you wouldn't. :D

What did I just say? :doh:

Oh, and the transparent flying sheep familiar is telling me that it's an ENFP. She's usually wrong, but I promised to give her a chance.

Last edited:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
That calculation leaves out a very important factor. :tongue:

Hmmmm if it's a random type draw yes. If I'm going by people's natural tendency to have variety no. If I'm accepting requests no. (different types of different tendencies toward asking.) So it depends. :)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Man, this game is hard. (Recognized the last two people, so had to stay out.)

ENFP? I see some Te flavor in the first quote particularly. I find the style of the list to be sort of P-like, but not very judgery at all. *Shrug* Overall, some who is not super-controlled or idealistic.

Actually I would like to know what you think about the guessing so far, nightning? (The whole game and stuff.)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Man, this game is hard. (Recognized the last two people, so had to stay out.)

Actually I would like to know what you think about the guessing so far, nightning? (The whole game and stuff.)

It supports my hypothesis that trying to determine type of an individual based on a short description is near impossible. You don't have enough of a sample of bahaviour to draw any sort of reasonable conclusions. People assume too much based on what they see.

Extrapolating from this, you can essentially say on-the-spot typing is unreliable. I guess thin slicing personality types will only work if you are very very familiar with that particular type. Most of us who are "quite familiar" with different types just aren't good enough.

Curious though how well people can name the unknown posters given just a limited number of posts. Because if you ask me... I wouldn't know. Is that strictly because you remember them posting in the thread or did you recognize their posting style?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a little NT roulette in my brain on person 5. I finally landed on ENTP

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
93%.

68%

31%

6%

You figure out what it means.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
93%.

68%

31%

6%

You figure out what it means.

I thought we have more Es than that... :huh:

Revealing answer.

Member #5 is an ENTP (nemo). He's about as close to the ENTP description as you can get. Good job sweet! :D

Pretty much everybody got the Ne... Ti vs Fi is harder to judge from the quotes I guess.