User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Type me please?

your resident asshole

*sigh* I don't know. This is making me frustrated. I know you're trying to help, but I just can't seem to find a category where I fit in. I've been looking into this MBTI stuff because I want to know more about myself and where I belong, but it's just making me confused. =/

I've read up on the functions. Many halfway seem to fit me, but I don't know which ones fit me the most.

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

I wouldn't worry about it too much. A lot of people don't fit perfectly into a single type. If you really want a better feel for MBTI just keep reading and posting in the forums.

Try reading people's blogs and see which type you relate to or reading threads like "you know you're an X when..."
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

your resident asshole

Meh, I guess. Time for more lurking then!

Or maybe I'm a lil bit of everything.

your resident asshole

Hmm... I took the test again today and got similar results:
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.8)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *********************************** (35.1)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.1)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************* (25.7)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25.7)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.9)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************** (30.1)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47)
    excellent use
    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situations dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or ISFP
    I don't know. I'm definitely not an INFP, though, because I'm not creative. I seem to relate to an ISFP. Anyone think that I'm an ISxP? =/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

ENTJ
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    ENTJ
    :confused:

i think you may have a wrong understanding of creativity.
    unless you are obsessive about being objective, like some kind of police inspector, you should not run around telling everyone you lack creativity.

if we assume a common sense understanding of the word creativity: then no type is categorically creative. creativity is difficult and may easily be blocked in any individual.

if we assume a very special type related interpretation of the word creativity: then all introverted functions are creative in their own way, and everyone has at least two introverted functions, so there is some sort of creativity (again, according to a special interpretation of the word).

also, every creativity relies on some kind of meaningful input. so watching TV all day long, may likely kill every type of creativity (unless its perceived as something meaningful).

your resident asshole

Well, if you don't define the difference by creativity, then what's the difference between an ISFP and an INFP?

thats actually a broad question, ... the funny thing is that these two types adore each others skills in such a way, that is not very unlikely that they form the opposite selfimage.

isfp can be extremely creative, in work with material things, textures, art ...
    infp creativity can be more or a theoretical thing, because it is not so much concerned with static impressions (eg the atmosphere of a room) but with moving impressions (the personality of a process).

both is a creativity that arises from "empathic" understanding of the perceived matter.
    like an sculptor will claim that the stone tells him what to do.
    so the creativity is sort of secondary to the experience. experiencing is the most important thing, for both types, but the experience of the isfp is more active, like getting in touch with people or animals, while the infp can be overwhelmed by the experience of his thoughts and has a imaginary way of getting in touch with people by pure communication. i think ideally the difference should be minimal.

infp Intuitive Ethical Introvert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    isfp Sensory Ethical Introvert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

personally i dont feel like i have understood the difference beyond theoretical simplification.

i personally think that both isfp and infp live in the moment. infp live in the head, which may be described as a-temporal. but they dont live in the future, as some will claim. the infp may be fixed on a vague long term goal, like developing as personality, developing a skill, or finding enlightenment. this is not so much a goal, as the imagination of a movement (process character). but in every day live both types are rather bad planners.
    it is said, that isfp are good with every day practical things. probably because they just like them, much more than infp do. eg cooking something is nice once, but if i can just throw the pizza in the oven, i will prefer that. sensotardation.

keep in mind, that some people, who tell you something about infp or isfp will talk about people from the opposite side of the J/P dichotomy, than i do.

however, due to statistics, it's hard to confuse isfp and isfj, so most people refer to the same people when they mention either of these to.
    isfp are rare funny odd weirdos, maybe a little boring but never stiff. isfj are very much valued insiders to society.
    infx of diverse x are easily confused, because both of them break clishees and conventions.

MBTI
    I

Okay, looks like you already got some links for cognitive functions. This is a good link for explanations of them:
    Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

You took the cognitive process test, and you got INFP. You have extremely high Fi. Between ISTJ and ISTP, it looks very much like you're ISTJ. But are you even sure you are ISTx? At this point, it just looks like you're an I___.