• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Try to type me, please.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Not INFJ, INTJ is more likely.

Haphazard said:
4. I guess I find it hard to relate to people. This certainly does not mean that I lack sympathy, but I guess that I don't have a lot of empathy? Or perhaps it's not that I can't relate but that I don't put any importance on being able to relate and therefore don't notice.

Are you depressed by any chance, Hap?

If not and you're perfectly fine with #4, then INT is more likely. I was absolutely removed emotionally during my depression during HS but it wouldn't have been hard to remember how I used to be, which I consider to be empathetic in nature. Operating under a forced Ni-Ti state, by repressing Fe, made me emotionless and stoic.

Ni-Fi makes an INTJ sympathetic but can also make them brood on their feelings if they perceive slight when they considered themselves as having done nothing wrong and were trying not to do wrong. They may look sullen and it's probably bothersome to them having to deal with their feelings in such a manner.

Lookie here.Taken from Lenore Thompson's Wiki Tertiary Temptation: Which one is most recognisably like you?

When introverts run into a situation that their Dominant Function can't handle, they need to adapt by negotiating, going along with the limitations of low-bandwidth social interaction, or otherwise doing something that does not involve total control or understanding of the situation. The Tertiary Function provides justification for maintaining an Introverted approach directly opposite to the worldly expansiveness that the person is ready for.

Tertiary Si (INxP): "I can't possibly go along with this, I don't have any reliable concepts or map to anchor myself with: it's all arbitrary and untrustworthy and meaningless. I'd be diving in without any orientation; I'd be tripped up or harmed from any random direction, and my efforts wouldn't be cumulative. I just won't budge. I'll build myself some barricades and wait for the storm to blow over." The Secondary Function (Ne) would say: "Look around, shake up the pot, see what new arises, and deal with it imaginatively; there must be better alternatives available than being stuck here." (My secondary Ne says something more in the lines of "Pay attention to your surroundings and do the thing that will have the most interesting results. Don't be dumb just because you don't have any experience.")

Tertiary Ni (ISxP): "I can't possibly go along with this, 'cuz it's all a lie. It's all a set-up by the Man. I'd just be serving his interests and not my own. I'm not gonna be suckered by all this self-serving bull. No way, man, I gotta go my own way." Or "Why should I imitate the cool people? Despite their shiny clothes and social connections, they are still as vulnerable as anyone else." The Secondary Function (Se) would say: "This thing's bigger than you. Better just go with the flow, do what you can, trust your instincts to deal with what's right here and now."

Tertiary Ti (IxFJ): "I can't possibly go along with this, because it makes no sense. It's filled with internal contradictions. It's crude and not true to the real principles of how this works. It's trying to shove an inappropriately a priori conceptual structure onto the reality. I will have to go by feel, and where it leads I can't know until I get there. I've got to trust this groove regardless of people's arbitrary expectations." The Secondary Function (Fe) would say: "You've reached the limits of what you can do alone. You can make others feel important by telling them your needs and asking for their help, and yielding some genuine control to them. See who you can find common cause with."

Tertiary Fi (IxTJ): "I can't possibly go along with this, because it would mar my soul. It's not 'me'. I am a good person, and in order to maintain my integrity, I need to steer clear of this. This is the responsibility of those other people: it emerges from their souls, not mine, so it's their problem." The Secondary Function (Te) would say: "Do something. Take responsibility even if no one gave it to you, and go after some tangible gain right now, within the limits of the situation and your current understanding. That will improve your position, after which you can re-assess and plot a new course."

Granted, the ISP one isn't that great. And someone tried rectifying it a bit:
Here's an idea: Maybe secondary Se is not a matter of "imitating the cool people", but just dealing with the present situation as it is, with whatever means are available right now, doing whatever will work right now. That might involve imitating cool people, deliberately making an impression by doing the opposite of what the cool people do, or something completely unrelated.

And Best-Fit Type has decent Type profiles as well as how Types look like in team environments and morez.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Not INFJ, INTJ is more likely.

Are you depressed by any chance, Hap?

If not and you're perfectly fine with #4, then INT is more likely. I was absolutely removed emotionally during my depression during HS but it wouldn't have been hard to remember how I used to be, which I consider to be empathetic in nature. Operating under a forced Ni-Ti state, by repressing Fe, made me emotionless and stoic.

Ni-Fi makes an INTJ sympathetic but can also make them brood on their feelings if they perceive slight when they considered themselves as having done nothing wrong and were trying not to do wrong. They may look sullen and it's probably bothersome to them having to deal with their feelings in such a manner.

Lookie here.Taken from Lenore Thompson's Wiki Tertiary Temptation: Which one is most recognisably like you?

Which one looks like me? Fi/Ti, probably.

As to the question whether I'm depressed or not -- normally I'd say, "I'm just getting out of a harsh hibernation period that I was not allowed to have. OH GOD WHY", but actually, the whole difficulty with empathy is year round, and I'd never really consider myself stoic, though perhaps I am confusing stoic with flat-affect? Are stoics allowed to have a wide range of facial expressions?

I definitely do have emotions, and display them on my face, and they come out in my tone of voice, but it's all, well, subtext.

Then again, perhaps I'm completely mistaking empathy for something else. It's not like I haven't done something like that before.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What does it mean to be logical and analytical, anyway? I keep seeing these words, but I've never been able to see my thought processess as fitting them. To be honest, I've always seen myself as kind of set like a tapeworm. Whatever solutions are there are automatic.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
ISTP

This profile sounds a bit like me. The other ISTP profiles? Not at all.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do the INTJ descriptions on that site compare?

maliafee

Can you tell type by art style instead?

>.>

Never tried, but I could give it a whirl. :p

You can always email me a photo of yourself if you don't want to publicly post. (maliafee@gmail.com) Two or three different expressions would help, but I can do it with one usually.

I'm fairly good at it, not to brag. :D

Otherwise, if you still don't want to show a photo of your face, post or send the art.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Can you give this a try? If you can't get anything, I'll send you a pic.

newhampshirevermont.png

notacrook.png

portraits06.png

deathandtaxes01.png

I tried to find something that was not a cartoon but I failed. Sorry. :/

maliafee

Gosh, I am having trouble typing you based on drawings. I guess IS??. According to your empathy comments I guess T. If I saw one face picture I almost guarantee I could type ya...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yes, but what about me looks like an ISTP?

Please don't tell me the viola. To be honest, I'm not very good at it.

maliafee

Wait -- what's the viola?

But as to what an ISTP looks like, I can't tell you, I just know a lot of them. The expression, the eyebrow set, the smile, everything. ISTP!!!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The viola. It's a musical instrument. A string instrument, in between a violin and a cello.

Do you know a lot of INTJs?

maliafee

No, I know what a viola is... I was thinking you meant "voila" for some reason and mispelled it.

:p

And no, it wasn't the viola.
:D Just trust me. Read lots of ISTP profiles and if it's not you generally, I'd be very surprised.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Actually, you know, I think I may be an N.

Isn't trying to drive a car without turning on the engine first an N-ish thing to do?