• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Try to type me, please.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
ah is see. doesnt indicate something to me.

I have more of characters that have more filled-out figures...

guyanddimasle9.png

fromrussiawithbloodqu2.png

I think it's okay if I spam my own thread with drawings, right?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
This may not be a good way to judge, but her writing style is too concise in my opinion to be that of an INFP. Her words are direct and clear, without meandering abstractions or roundabout ways of saying simple things (A trait I have observed IRL, with feelers who knew nothing of MBTI...and they were certainly feelers, most likely intuitive feelers). My two cents.

So, do you think T, or possibly SF?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
So, do you think T, or possibly SF?

I can't say much outside of the statement that your writing does not strike me as INFP. That said, however, you do not strike me as SF either, though I have less of a strong notion about this than I did with INFP.

If you pressed me, I would probably say that in my judgment your writing style on the forum definitely strikes me as J, and mostly T. My reasons are that the style is usually curt, concise and straight to the point, which I attribute more to a TJ style of writing than anything else. It's also fairly self-contained, meaning that your writing usually signifies a lack of reference to anything or anyone else in the thread, which further signifies a certain independence from people and their opinions of you that I don't notice in NFs here, except maybe INFJs. I've also had INTJ friends that wrote in a similar style. In fact, the way I remember your forum tag is because I associate you quickly in my mind as the forum user with the above-average curtness in writing and tone.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
xxTJ.

The remaining elements are best deciphered on your end.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Question: How shy do you consider yourself?

I detect Fi vs Fe, but not as a dominant function. I'd favor T over F. xxTx

Several cues make me favor J vs P. It appears you are not all about taking in information for the sake of taking in information - you'd rather be honing and using it. I'd remove Se, Ne, Te as dominant traits. xxTJ

I can't tell the strength of your Se, but see little to indicate Si. ISTJ

Based on the description of how your mind works, I'd put Ni over Ne. It seems possible you call on Ne to fuel your stories, but Ne isn't running around all the time. Also, I can see Se playing a role here. Se loves telling stories, but it tends to amplify the truth.

50/50 on Ti/Te.

My guesses:
INTJ (with exaggerated Ne/Se)
ENTJ (who hasn't quiet developed or discovered the nature of her extroversion.)
ISTP (with an Ni outlier. Sorry, writing fantasy stories does not elminate ISTP)
INTP (and by INTP, I mean INTJ)
INFJ (with stronger Se and weaker Fe)

Please. I'll try to put together an accurate picture of me. I think people on this forum had the wrong idea of me...

1. Above all, I like to make up and tell stories, whether it's out loud to friends, writing novels, drawing comics, etc. I guess this is the biggest part of my personality that people will notice. I have a hard time making stories of things that actually happen unless I'm allowed to take generous liberties, though.

2. I must be prompted to remember things, and the things I remember most easily are things that have a sequence that make sense (like a historical timeline) or some kind of webbed relationship to each other. Trivia is absolutely impossible for me, as is putting me on the spot to try to remember something that fits X criteria. This makes me worry for my future college essays.

3. I usually finish things in a timely fashion. However, no matter how much I get done, I always feel like I haven't done enough.

4. I guess I find it hard to relate to people. This certainly does not mean that I lack sympathy, but I guess that I don't have a lot of empathy? Or perhaps it's not that I can't relate but that I don't put any importance on being able to relate and therefore don't notice.

6. I am usually content either talking if there's something interesting to talk about or not talking at all, but if I don't talk I want to be able to do something with that time, like write or work. I write a lot in restaurants and other public places where one 'should' be talking. I guess my parents indulged me a lot on this when I was little, because at least it kept me quiet and well-behaved, but I've noticed that some people find this very rude.

7. I try not to worry about small things but instead can end up worrying about things I can do nothing about.

9. I'm listening to "Pruit Igoe" by Philip Glass right now. [Udog: Part of the Watchmen soundtrack. I'm forcing myself to down play this a bit]

I would, but my consciousness doesn't stream. It likes to say something and then bend back on itself and back on itself, trying to form eloquent, properly-punctuated sentences that will never be written.

It was the storytelling thing, I guess. I don't feel a didactic purpose for it at all. There are people who tell stories for themselves, and there are people who tell stories for the sake of their audience. I just feel like I tell stories for the sake of the story. I don't have anything in me that needs to be said for my own peace of mind, to 'express myself' or somesuch bullshit. I just say it anyway.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't know how shy I would consider myself... I suppose if I just don't have anything to say, I don't say it, which is often when I don't know people well. I often can't get into the rhythm of conversation because often I just don't know what the hell people are talking about. If I have to work on a project with other people, sometimes I get retroactive shyness, like I say something and try to assert a plan and then mostly edge off because I get the feeling that my directions or opinions aren't wanted. I get this feeling a lot.

Qre:us

Feel free to ask me more questions.

I got a weird question. I seem to have seen you self-typing yourself as INTJ before (correct that if I'm wrong...haven't been here that long). Given that, can I ask what (things/thoughts/ideas - specifically) made you question your type now?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I got a weird question. I seem to have seen you self-typing yourself as INTJ before (correct that if I'm wrong...haven't been here that long). Given that, can I ask what (things/thoughts/ideas - specifically) made you question your type now?

Hmm. At first it sounded right and then I was not so sure, and then it seemed like everybody was typing themselves as INTJs. And then, after that, I took a hiatus, stopped thinking in terms of MBTI, and wanted to try again.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think an ENTJ that hasn't grown into it yet is a legitimate possibility, except I read as much Te as Ti from you from what you've shared so far.

I don't know how shy I would consider myself... I suppose if I just don't have anything to say, I don't say it, which is often when I don't know people well. I often can't get into the rhythm of conversation because often I just don't know what the hell people are talking about. If I have to work on a project with other people, sometimes I get retroactive shyness, like I say something and try to assert a plan and then mostly edge off because I get the feeling that my directions or opinions aren't wanted. I get this feeling a lot.

That could very well be Fi creeping in. Consider this doubly so if no one really did anything to indicate your opinion was not wanted (outside of not dropping everything and spontaneously electing you Group Leader).

What areas do you feel confident in? What areas make you feel insecure?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think an ENTJ that hasn't grown into it yet is a legitimate possibility, except I read as much Te as Ti from you from what you've shared so far.

That could very well be Fi creeping in. Consider this doubly so if no one really did anything to indicate your opinion was not wanted (outside of not dropping everything and spontaneously electing you Group Leader).

What areas do you feel confident in? What areas make you feel insecure?

I'm a highschooler. This means that whenever anybody tries to take charge all you get are blank stares and slack jaws and the fact that you know that no matter what you say, they're not going to help, and that's... umm. Intimidating, I guess?

My confidence is pretty good until I know exactly what I'm getting into. Then sometimes I go "oh shit." The initial idea seems brilliant, then the actualization is intimidating until I cut it into realizable pieces.

I'm usually pretty confident about getting things done on time, not so much if I have to think up something new to go with it, unless I already have an idea of what I want to do, even if my imagination is pretty fertile. I guess I tend to think of stuff coming out of my brain as stuff I can't force, and I want an easy way out just in case I can't come up with something.

Other things... I guess, unless it's in writing, I'm not very confident in my ability to say the right things.

I feel lazy no matter how much work I do but I'm usually pretty confident about when I've found 'enough'.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a highschooler. This means that whenever anybody tries to take charge all you get are blank stares and slack jaws and the fact that you know that no matter what you say, they're not going to help, and that's... umm. Intimidating, I guess?

High school isn't the greatest environment to 'discover' yourself, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. I think things will start clicking into place a bit better when you get into college (assuming you plan on going), as there is much more flexibility and opportunity.

INTJ is my first guess, but what are your thoughts on ISTP with overinflated Ni? Then it would be primarily a difference of Ti or Te, which I can't pinpoint with you. F would be inferior, so I could be misreading Fi. ISTPs aren't just about motorcycles and fixing cars - I knew an (online tested) ISTP that constructed words and sentences like most ISTPs focus on mechanical things. He was pretty philosophical, and loved movies.

My confidence is pretty good until I know exactly what I'm getting into. Then sometimes I go "oh shit." The initial idea seems brilliant, then the actualization is intimidating until I cut it into realizable pieces.

Okay, that does sound like Te, but it's also pretty universal, so I'll give Te a small edge on this point.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
FWIW, which is not much, I never questioned your INTJ-ness.

Edit:

(space between the above and my signature)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
High school isn't the greatest environment to 'discover' yourself, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. I think things will start clicking into place a bit better when you get into college (assuming you plan on going), as there is much more flexibility and opportunity.

INTJ is my first guess, but what are your thoughts on ISTP with overinflated Ni? Then it would be primarily a difference of Ti or Te, which I can't pinpoint with you. F would be inferior, so I could be misreading Fi. ISTPs aren't just about motorcycles and fixing cars - I knew an (online tested) ISTP that constructed words and sentences like most ISTPs focus on mechanical things. He was pretty philosophical, and loved movies.

Okay, that does sound like Te, but it's also pretty universal, so I'll give Te a small edge on this point.

ISTP is possible. Aside from all the writing and stuff I do, I do a lot of knitting/crocheting. A lot of it is math, but a lot of it is eyeing and getting a feel for what you want, if you're making a pattern.

I guess I just like making stuff. Doing stuff that's already 'there' is difficult for me to enjoy.

Yes, I definitely plan on going to college. I might end up majoring in a language, or maybe math... I know I won't end up majoring in literature or biology or something like that. As much as I like history, I don't think being a history major would get me anywhere.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I'd still go with INTJ - Fi can definitely be a significant aspect of our personality.

Your first point in the OP is just spot on exactly what I am about and is so very Ni. Can't decently describe something that actually happened even if my life depended on it. Also, having trouble with unwebbed trivia *raises hand*.

Koyaanisqatsi is awesome by the way and really points more towards N IMO.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm ESTP anyone?

I hear a lot of SP practicality in much of what you say (I think this is Se+Ti, though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). You don't mince words and you say what you mean. You don't spend much time at all on weird, tangential explanations or comparisons to explain yourself. You say you don't much care about learning to relate to others, and that's pretty fundamentally T. At first I interpreted the "I feel like I've never done enough" part as J work ethic, but actually I think it's the ESxP desire to be out really doing things in practice and not spending that much time on theory or preparation.

I'd guess ISTP if not for your insistence that your story-telling is "above all" on your list of priorities. Maybe this is just an anomaly for you; you didn't say that much pertaining to I/E.

So yeah, I'd say xSTP.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd guess ISTP if not for your insistence that your story-telling is "above all" on your list of priorities. Maybe this is just an anomaly for you; you didn't say that much pertaining to I/E.

The only thing is that people tend to be incidental to her storytelling. The fact that she likes an audience, I think, can partly be explained by human nature.

xNTJ, xSTP. I struggle to think up anything else I can seriously consider. If she's eNTJ, it will begin to manifest in college where she is likely to get positive feedback for asserting herself.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Strategic Contender.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Please. I'll try to put together an accurate picture of me. I think people on this forum had the wrong idea of me...

1. Above all, I like to make up and tell stories, whether it's out loud to friends, writing novels, drawing comics, etc. I guess this is the biggest part of my personality that people will notice. I have a hard time making stories of things that actually happen unless I'm allowed to take generous liberties, though.

2. I must be prompted to remember things, and the things I remember most easily are things that have a sequence that make sense (like a historical timeline) or some kind of webbed relationship to each other. Trivia is absolutely impossible for me, as is putting me on the spot to try to remember something that fits X criteria. This makes me worry for my future college essays.

3. I usually finish things in a timely fashion. However, no matter how much I get done, I always feel like I haven't done enough.

4. I guess I find it hard to relate to people. This certainly does not mean that I lack sympathy, but I guess that I don't have a lot of empathy? Or perhaps it's not that I can't relate but that I don't put any importance on being able to relate and therefore don't notice.

5. I don't have many friends and am quiet with people I don't know well, but I love my writing and work to be noticed by lots of people.

6. I am usually content either talking if there's something interesting to talk about or not talking at all, but if I don't talk I want to be able to do something with that time, like write or work. I write a lot in restaurants and other public places where one 'should' be talking. I guess my parents indulged me a lot on this when I was little, because at least it kept me quiet and well-behaved, but I've noticed that some people find this very rude.

7. I try not to worry about small things but instead can end up worrying about things I can do nothing about.

8. I find it very difficult to concentrate on doing anything in the winter. Thus the 'winter' is usually a sort of creative slump when I can only focus long enough to draw some crappy comics. I really hate the winter.

9. I'm listening to "Pruit Igoe" by Philip Glass right now. I listened to the whole Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack earlier and I noticed that it made me feel lightheaded. I think there's something about the music that's disorienting.

Can you make anything of this? Feel free to ask me more questions.

Thank you.
I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but from the way you describe the way your brain works, I think there's a good possibility you could be an INTP. I'm just sensing more of a general likeness to some INTPs I have been reading lately. Since I am an INTJ myself, and I know that you seem a lot like an INTJ, I'm fairly certain you'll eventually turn out to be INT-something. But like I said, you could be an INTP.

You might want to read this blog entry by Lasting_Pain. You might relate to a lot of it.

There's a really excellent INTP Profile here:
NP'S -- THE INTUITIVE PERCEIVING-MODE TYPES

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but from the way you describe the way your brain works, I think there's a good possibility you could be an INTP. I'm just sensing more of a general likeness to some INTPs I have been reading lately. Since I am an INTJ myself, and I know that you seem a lot like an INTJ, I'm fairly certain you'll eventually turn out to be INT-something. But like I said, you could be an INTP.

You might want to read this blog entry by Lasting_Pain. You might relate to a lot of it.

There's a really excellent INTP Profile here:
NP'S -- THE INTUITIVE PERCEIVING-MODE TYPES

Hmm. Lasting_Pain's blog post was very depressing.

I remember once joining INTPcentral once just to mess with them but then left because the forum was just so... depressing. It was a bit like opening up a pandora's box of Kafkas. One is enough! I think my father is an INTP. He's also very depressing. He's also being treated for depression, so perhaps that's not the best thing to consider.

There just seems to be a flavor to INTP writing and remarks that just sounds... bitter, no matter how they dress up what they say. It's all right in small doses but otherwise...

One thing I noticed though was that he hated photographs because he doesn't want to be remembered by people. I hate photographs for a completely different reason. If you're too busy taking photographs of a place you're not enjoying it. Taking time out to Stand aside for photos of people against the backdrop of a nice place is that much time you're not looking at all the things there. I do like photography as art, though. The most I use cameras for is to take pictures of 3-dimensional projects that I can't scan so I can show them off on the internet. Any time I've been to camps and things I may have taken a few pictures, but I've never used more than one disposable camera, and I usually don't remember to get the pictures developed anyway.

Hmm... also, some of the things he's said reminded me about how 'girls/smart people/whatever tend to act dumber than they are to fit in'. I don't know about this. I can act loud and stupid sometimes, but I'm probably enjoying myself doing this. I can't really consider myself to be acting like 'not myself to fit in' because I am acting like myself, just a different part.

Also, when it comes to small talk, I really don't have much idea what people are talking about most of the times. Usually, it's like I don't pay attention to the things that most people pay attention to, because I haven't noticed or can't remember what they're referring to. I may see some movies, but I can never remember actor's names or what they look like, I may listen to music but I don't know the names of the musicians... things like that. It's like they're from a completely different culture, even though they may live just next door.