Haha I know.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Your dissection of yourself in terms of wording and writing style remind me a lot of thechosenone, who is pretty ISTP. You're probably borderline ISTP/ESTP.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFJ

May I just ask:

Why not F?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm not 100%, but so far I'm getting the feeling that you are T over F. If you have Fi, it's currently not a dominant position. I'm not feeling 'Fe' too much, but that's more a subjective thing. Fe tends to strike a dissonance in me (for the record, I tend to like dissonant music) so I can't put that as a primary position either.

I'm certainly not seeing ISFP over ISTP. INFJ instead of INTJ... that's possible, especially if you had over developed Ti.

MBTI
    ENFJ

If I don't feel like I have a direction, but I certainly look like it, would that be Ni + Je?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Who knows? Maybe?

Ascribing thoughts/actions/appearances to particular functions is kind of iffy at best. It could be any function, or any combination of functions, or it could be due to some mental process totally unexplained by Jung or his functional system. Be careful not to get carried away with the functional explanations.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFJ

I've been looking at some ISTP profiles.

I guess a lot of the things sound familiar but a lot of things don't, and some of them (okay, a lot of them) probably have to do with my odd fear of injury.

I guess it would be an odd combination. Some stuff that happened when I was about three scared me off of bikes -- I never did learn to ride, even though I tried, which I guess would seem pretty opposite an ISTP. However I have always drawn, knitted, and done all sorts of knotworking things, and got into some woodworking and glassmaking. I guess these are pretty tame, though.

Another thing: I do usually make plans, though often my whims get the better of me and they have a habit of changing. My planning tendencies seem to be, plan a little --> change on a whim, plan some more --> change another thing because it doesn't seem right, plan some more --> tweak again, throw out the plan, come up with something else basic --> etc. I've never seen this described in any MBTI profile, so I don't know what to make of it. However, I've made a habit of making sure important things happen on time, one way or another.

I also think I'm feeling a bit lost right now, because I'm not working on anything in particular...

MBTI
    ENFJ

P and J just both seem so extreme. I don't get it.

After reading the below, I feel absolutely sure you are an INFJ.

Malia

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Please. I'll try to put together an accurate picture of me. I think people on this forum had the wrong idea of me...

1. Above all, I like to make up and tell stories, whether it's out loud to friends, writing novels, drawing comics, etc. I guess this is the biggest part of my personality that people will notice. I have a hard time making stories of things that actually happen unless I'm allowed to take generous liberties, though.

2. I must be prompted to remember things, and the things I remember most easily are things that have a sequence that make sense (like a historical timeline) or some kind of webbed relationship to each other. Trivia is absolutely impossible for me, as is putting me on the spot to try to remember something that fits X criteria. This makes me worry for my future college essays.

3. I usually finish things in a timely fashion. However, no matter how much I get done, I always feel like I haven't done enough.

4. I guess I find it hard to relate to people. This certainly does not mean that I lack sympathy, but I guess that I don't have a lot of empathy? Or perhaps it's not that I can't relate but that I don't put any importance on being able to relate and therefore don't notice.

5. I don't have many friends and am quiet with people I don't know well, but I love my writing and work to be noticed by lots of people.

6. I am usually content either talking if there's something interesting to talk about or not talking at all, but if I don't talk I want to be able to do something with that time, like write or work. I write a lot in restaurants and other public places where one 'should' be talking. I guess my parents indulged me a lot on this when I was little, because at least it kept me quiet and well-behaved, but I've noticed that some people find this very rude.

7. I try not to worry about small things but instead can end up worrying about things I can do nothing about.

8. I find it very difficult to concentrate on doing anything in the winter. Thus the 'winter' is usually a sort of creative slump when I can only focus long enough to draw some crappy comics. I really hate the winter.

9. I'm listening to "Pruit Igoe" by Philip Glass right now. I listened to the whole Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack earlier and I noticed that it made me feel lightheaded. I think there's something about the music that's disorienting.

Can you make anything of this? Feel free to ask me more questions.

Thank you.

MBTI
    ENFJ

What makes you so sure?