• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Try to type me, please.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
post a stream of consciousness here

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Hap said:
Which one looks like me? Fi/Ti, probably.

K. That's a start. I think the difference will be clear sooner or later because both are specifically different. Lenore's Book is far and away better than the wiki site devoted to her (though it is helpful for those that have cursory knowledge of MBTI and function usage).

As to the question whether I'm depressed or not -- normally I'd say, "I'm just getting out of a harsh hibernation period that I was not allowed to have. OH GOD WHY", but actually, the whole difficulty with empathy is year round, and I'd never really consider myself stoic, though perhaps I am confusing stoic with flat-affect? Are stoics allowed to have a wide range of facial expressions?

I'd say that while one is stoic they do not display a wide range of emotions. I sure as hell didn't while I was. However, the emotions may remain within, they're just not being shown.

I definitely do have emotions, and display them on my face, and they come out in my tone of voice, but it's all, well, subtext.

It being understood through "subtext" sounds Tertiary Fi to me.

Which of these are more you: Are observant of what's around you and allow yourself to be apart of the moment while it's happening? Are you more observant of your thoughts and ideas removed from everyone else while it's happening?

Hmm, take a look at this site regarding the Inferior function for INJs. It's near the bottom of the page.

But read the parts at the top regarding how you'd react towards it. Such as... Are you generally touchy when people point out your inadequacies when it comes to Se? Such as not being able to physically do something well you're unfamiliar with, regardless of how hard you're trying.

How very Ne. ;)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

See, I never really understood stream of consciousness. It's supposed to be natural thought process, right? But my natural thought process doesn't stream. It doubles back on itself, less like a stream and more like a salmon desperately trying to swim back upstream, constantly being pushed back in its place by the current.

K. That's a start. I think the difference will be clear sooner or later because both are specifically different. Lenore's Book is far and away better than the wiki site devoted to her (though it is helpful for those that have cursory knowledge of MBTI and function usage).

I'd say that while one is stoic they do not display a wide range of emotions. I sure as hell didn't while I was. However, the emotions may remain within, they're just not being shown.

It being understood through "subtext" sounds Tertiary Fi to me.

Which of these are more you: Are observant of what's around you and allow yourself to be apart of the moment while it's happening? Are you more observant of your thoughts and ideas removed from everyone else while it's happening?

But read the parts at the top regarding how you'd react towards it. Such as... Are you generally touchy when people point out your inadequacies when it comes to Se? Such as not being able to physically do something well you're unfamiliar with, regardless of how hard you're trying.

I'd say I'm usually observant but removed. Is that combination not allowed to exist? I notice things and usually chirp up when it'd be helpful, like I'm usually good for noticing signs and landmarks and stuff, but otherwise...

There's one thing I don't understand. When we're discussing 'internal' (N) versus 'external' (S), how far in is one allowed to go?

I honestly don't remember the last time I got mocked for physically doing something I'm unfamiliar with badly.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
See, I never really understood stream of consciousness. It's supposed to be natural thought process, right? But my natural thought process doesn't stream. It doubles back on itself, less like a stream and more like a salmon desperately trying to swim back upstream, constantly being pushed back in its place by the current.

I've got (more than) a hunch that stream of consciousness is very much Ne/Se. The focus on what and how is being said, however, will be different.

I'll say it too. Well, I do get it, but it can be hard to follow if I want to probe deeper. Stream of consciousness in books, like Jack Kerouac's "On the Road" can be hard for me. I still haven't finished it... >_>

I'd say I'm usually observant but removed. Is that combination not allowed to exist? I notice things and usually chirp up when it'd be helpful, like I'm usually good for noticing signs and landmarks and stuff, but otherwise...

Yes, it is allowed to exist. Being usually observant but removed is an INJ M.O. I was more focused on those particular differences, though. But otherwise, hmm...?

There's one thing I don't understand. When we're discussing 'internal' (N) versus 'external' (S), how far in is one allowed to go?

Not how it works. N/S is both internal (Si/Ni) and external (Se/Ne). The reason I explained it to you that way was because if you're INJ then your Dom(inant function) Ni would be internal whereas for ISTP their Aux(illary function) Se is external. I'd have focused more on ISTP's Dom Ti, which is also internal, but your earlier remark of the below post made me want to tackle it a bit differently:

Hap said:
What does it mean to be logical and analytical, anyway? I keep seeing these words, but I've never been able to see my thought processess as fitting them. To be honest, I've always seen myself as kind of set like a tapeworm. Whatever solutions are there are automatic.

Ti is analytical in nature and as the Dom for ITPs would be their most cherished and natural way of operating within their internal world.

Tapeworm, hmmm... do you mean that your thoughts sort of just occur randomly and seemingly infest you? Do they continuously link like an automatic chain, almost as though you have no control over them? If you're not trying to break the chain, do they just keep linking to other ideas/thoughts which likely amuse you as you sometimes wonder HTFuck you got them?

I honestly don't remember the last time I got mocked for physically doing something I'm unfamiliar with badly.

That you can't remember is quite telling lol Is your memory typically crappy, as though you couldn't remember the last time you flushed, even if it was five minutes ago? I think I read your poor memory earlier in your thread...hmm but I can't remember...

Morezies as I'd overlooked your first post.

Hap said:
1. Above all, I like to make up and tell stories, whether it's out loud to friends, writing novels, drawing comics, etc. I guess this is the biggest part of my personality that people will notice. I have a hard time making stories of things that actually happen unless I'm allowed to take generous liberties, though.

This alone is INJ. Or even ENP, though they likely won't care about the liberties they're taking, they'd just keep making up as they go. INJ might not care but they'll be aware of it and might worry the reception given.

So, uh, you have a hard time making stories of things that "actually happen", which I take to mean exist in 'reality', unless you can take liberty by transforming them into something more fanciful? Is that right?

2. I must be prompted to remember things, and the things I remember most easily are things that have a sequence that make sense (like a historical timeline) or some kind of webbed relationship to each other. Trivia is absolutely impossible for me, as is putting me on the spot to try to remember something that fits X criteria. This makes me worry for my future college essays.

The very manner by which you showed this list was done in Te form, each part of 'you' (the ideas of you) is separate from each other and distinct in its proper place.

btw.. Do you find it hard giving away your ability to learn in the hands of others (such as teachers etc), in that you'd sooner learn for yourself on your own?

Being put on the spot is tough for IJs. But with regards to trivia or recalling things (ex. one's day, the weekend etc) on the spot, it's especially tough and annoying for INJs. They may depserately try to grasp their memories only to sometimes find an empty fist. (Or) Only later for the damned X to seemingly have popped up from under their foot of all places.

Anyhoo, you could still be ISTP, though I highly doubt it. And my apologies if I'm overwhelming you with questions. Take as long as you need addressing them or disregarding any you can't answer. But wait for it, I've got a surprise coming your way later...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Ti is analytical in nature and as the Dom for ITPs would be their most cherished and natural way of operating within their internal world.

Tapeworm, hmmm... do you mean that your thoughts sort of just occur randomly and seemingly infest you? Do they continuously link like an automatic chain, almost as though you have no control over them? If you're not trying to break the chain, do they just keep linking to other ideas/thoughts which likely amuse you as you sometimes wonder HTFuck you got them?

damn. Tapeworm, wrong image.

I meant flatworm.

They're like the simplest animals on earth. They live underwater. They have no brains. Which means, they move automatically.

What I mean is I don't have to think very much because my thinking is automatic. I don't know how that works, but everything is instantaneous, which means I don't really understand how being 'analytical' works because I have no time to notice myself being analytical or logical. It just kind of works, without my help whatsoever, very quickly, and I already know what I'm going to do before I have a chance to decide, and I don't really think that's fair sometimes because even if it's a good idea, I'd still like the right to deliberate on it a little.

Because of this, if I have to take more than fifteen seconds figuring out something that seems simple, I get frustrated. I hate brain teasers.

That you can't remember is quite telling lol Is your memory typically crappy, as though you couldn't remember the last time you flushed, even if it was five minutes ago? I think I read your poor memory earlier in your thread...hmm but I can't remember...

Morezies as I'd overlooked your first post.

I can't remember flushing, ever. I mean, I guess I don't usually see my face when I'm doing it, so how would I tell if it was noticeable?

There are lots of things I can remember, but typically, they're very irrelevant. Just some very vivid images, sensations, etc. No actual events. Nothing that I could get a story out of.

This alone is INJ. Or even ENP, though they likely won't care about the liberties they're taking, they'd just keep making up as they go. INJ might not care but they'll be aware of it and might worry the reception given.

So, uh, you have a hard time making stories of things that "actually happen", which I take to mean exist in 'reality', unless you can take liberty by transforming them into something more fanciful? Is that right?

Well, it's possibly because I can't see real life as a story. I don't see in it the proper parts to make it good, if I'm looking for an anecdote, nothing seems suitably dramatic or well-put together or has enough of a plot to make a story. I just don't see it. Fiction just seems so completely removed from how reality is set up for me that I just can't put the two together without completely changing one to the other.

I just don't know how to adequately explain it.

Also, when other people try to tell anecdotes, I don't remember any of them. I have problems remembering things the same way as other people do. Maybe I had brain damage or something.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
What's wrong with INTJ?

I thought you're Ni dominant...you came across that way to me. And the automatic logic thing points to T being either dominant or auxiliary function... hence INTJ.

INFJ's use of tertiary Ti is deliberate... not labored if well practiced, but definitely not automatic.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What's wrong with INTJ?

I thought you're Ni dominant...you came across that way to me. And the automatic logic thing points to T being either dominant or auxiliary function... hence INTJ.

INFJ's use of tertiary Ti is deliberate... not labored if well practiced, but definitely not automatic.

I don't know if it's automatic logic. It's just automatic 'hmm this seems right.' Not as in morally, but more as in eyeballing, to see if something will work out. I really don't think logic is much involved.

Here's a strange idea.

I think my classmates may be afraid of me.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if I'm smart. In fact, I feel stupid most of the times.

I don't want people to be afraid of me.

it will happen - especially to introverts
what are you going to do about it ?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
it will happen - especially to introverts
what are you going to do about it ?

I don't know if I can be any nicer than I am.

I'm already pretty timid, I guess. If I allow any more, I'm going to get stepped on.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't know if I'm smart. In fact, I feel stupid most of the times.

I don't want people to be afraid of me.

Feeling stupid most of the time means that you realize that you know very little in relation to all the things that can be known...a sign that you are in fact not stupid. Take it from me, I deal with plenty of self-assured undergrads that don't know anything and aren't even aware that this is the case- a sure sign of actual stupidity.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what Orangey said

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
How come I can't understand other INTJs on this forum, then?