• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anonymous Typings

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, so I was discussing with a certain forum member about when established members here ask people about their personality type, and how if someone has had a certain type in their profile or stuck to certain types of discussions, it might be hard for people to be objective about the subject, because there might be a natural bias to not consider certain types outside of what that person has indicated are possibilities.

Wow, that was a really convoluted run-on sentence. But anyway, the idea behind this thread is that you come up with some basic elements about your personality that don't reveal your specific identity, maybe even things that you wouldn't ordinarily make public under your name, then you PM it to me or anyone else you trust to post it for you, and we can let the forum collective look at the info alone, rather than viewing it through the filter of that person's already established forum personality.

Hopefully that made sense. And I will start off by posting the one given to me by a certain forum member. Once again, the idea is to discuss and comment on the type possibilities, not try to guess who the member is. Obviously, I can't stop you from speculating, but endless "so, is it ZombieMoron? Is it OMGcuteNF2006?" posts will be annoying.

So here we go...

"I tend to get really interested in a particular subject or activity and pursue it vigorously for a certain length of time. But after a certain period I feel very disillusioned about it. Not just that I am no longer interested in it, but that I have wasted so much time on it. It's as if I think what I am interested in now should have manifested itself earlier to save me the wasted effort."

"Sometimes long periods go by when I'm not really sure what I'm even interested in. I don't feel depressed, really, just uninspired. My daily routine seems to just go by without much enjoyment of anything in particular. Then, like a bolt of lightning, I will be struck with a new idea or a new twist on an old idea and I will want to put all of my energy into whatever it is. Normal obligations tend to get thrown by the wayside when this happens and the cycle starts to repeat itself."

"I always have trouble answering those questions used to determine E/I on type tests. It seems as if they are divided into two separate things. On the one hand, they ask questions like "Do you prefer to be around people or solitude?" or "Are you expressive with a lot of facial and hand movement or are you more calm and reserved?" All of those type of questions, I will answer what gets counted for "E." I love people, I can be very talkative around people that I have any kind of relationship established with, and I tend to use plenty of hand gestures and facial expressions when I talk in those situations." So if a test has mostly questions like that for that category, I show up as an E. BUT if the questions are about how comfortable are you in large groups of strangers, whether you feel comfortable speaking in front of crowds, whether you are the one at the party moving around introducing yourself and meeting new people, etc. All of those types of questions, I answer on the I side. So it really is hard to tell what that part of the MBTI is really asking I guess."

"I daydream a lot, but my daydreams don't tend to be fantasy scenarios, like I'm whisked away on a horse by a handsome prince to some castle or something. They tend to be more about things I'd rather be doing, either right now or in the near future. Sometimes I daydream ideas for movie or television scripts or future sporting events. I always feel like I have way too much stuff floating around in my head, and no outlet for most of it. It's another area that fuels my feeling that I waste so much time. It really seems like life is this race we keep having to run instead of being able to slow down and focus on enjoying our day. The times I feel the best are when I feel like I have no cares in the world and don't have to watch the clock or worry about real-life obligations. Spending time with cool people and sharing things and experiences with them is enough for me. Until I get my next amazing grand idea! LOL!"

So, there's some stuff to get you started. I can refer questions back to the person if necessary, but it might get complicated if there's too much of that. Try to go more off what's already there if you can.

Hopefully after we've had some dialogue on this one, someone will have sent me another one to post, or someone else will post one so we can keep this topic going. I will leave it up to the individual if he/she wants to reveal their identity once discussion on each person seems to be through. I won't be revealing it, though, so don't bother asking me. ;)

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Interesting idea for a thread.

"I tend to get really interested in a particular subject or activity and pursue it vigorously for a certain length of time. But after a certain period I feel very disillusioned about it. Not just that I am no longer interested in it, but that I have wasted so much time on it. It's as if I think what I am interested in now should have manifested itself earlier to save me the wasted effort."

Mystery person is probably not an INTP.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think she's ISFP, and I'm sure I said so when she first joined. She thinks she's an NF.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I'm usually pretty reluctant to say what I think as far as someone else's type may or may not be based solely on forum posts, but as this is both anonymous and an open request to do so, I'll throw in my two cents :).

My best guess is IsxP for this person (I can't really tell on the F/T). Actually, if I didn't know that you'd gotten this from someone else, I'd have thought it was something you were saying about yourself, Jeff :D.

I: The quote about "life of the party" vs. "I like people" paragraph makes me think that this person likes people, but is more comfortable in small groups. On a related topic, I think this has more to do with bad questions on some tests...

s: The daydreaming about more realistic topics, what he/she'd rather be doing, etc. as opposed to more abstract fantasy stuff.

x: (can't tell - could be either f or t)

P: The intellectual wandering and more casual approach to obligations while enthralled with something makes me say P.

Hmm... now I'm not so sure I have anywhere near enough information to make any reliable determination. But I'll leave this up anyway just to add to the conversation.

Lightyear

I would also go with ISFP.

I and F because I can completely relate to the loving people but not wanting to be in great groups bit, I think that is quite typical for introverted feelers.

P because the person sounds like someone who loves to start things but isn't that interested in completion.

S because the person seems more interested in the here and now then in the unseen.

wolfy

awsm
ENFP? Writing style I'm not positive about, but content feels a little that way.

The last sentence:

"Spending time with cool people and sharing things and experiences with them is enough for me. Until I get my next amazing grand idea! LOL!"

feels very ISFP though.

I tested as ENFP six times yesterday in that 20pc typing thread. I was reading up on the two types. They both seem pretty similar. The most glaring difference was that the ISFP was talking about using their own skills to create for others. While the ENFP was talking about facilitating creativity more. The direction of and focus of the creativity is different.

I think the above sounds more ISFP.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I tested as ENFP six times yesterday in that 20pc typing thread. I was reading up on the two types. They both seem pretty similar. The most glaring difference was that the ISFP was talking about using their own skills to create for others. While the ENFP was talking about facilitating creativity more. The direction of and focus of the creativity is different.

I think the above sounds more ISFP.

Yeh think it might be. Not quite ENFP, though the whole having blank patches, then ideas suddenly appearing and you running away with them seemed familiar for Ne. It's cool you guys do it lots too. And the walking the introvert extrovert border in different situations is something we do too. I think my dreams exist in a more psychological abstract realm though, so not sure on that part, but they aren't normally fantasy, maybe just possibilities. Actually when I think about it, most of my dreams would be quite strange in the real world, so maybe they are fantasy :).

(I deleted lastpost, because my mind had second thoughts and I went into complete don't have a clue mode; remaining effects of absinthe from last night)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
We need confirmation from Jeffster and a new post.

Easy now. It's only been a couple hours since I posted the thread, give some more people time to have a take~! ;)

Good input so far, guys.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
s: The daydreaming about more realistic topics, what he/she'd rather be doing, etc. as opposed to more abstract fantasy stuff.

This part intrigues me. In my topic about "not living in the here and now", it seemed to be pretty much established, this idea that Ns daydream about fantasy stuff that couldn't happen, yet when I brought this up with my mother, who is INFJ, she disagreed, saying that she much more often daydreams about realistic possibilities than some fantasy scenario. Now, she is in her 60's, so I don't know if maybe the fantasy scenarios are something that Ns "grow out of" to an extent, or if my mom is just more grounded than the typical N. But I do wonder how much of a consistent trait that is to use it as a determining factor for type.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This part intrigues me. In my topic about "not living in the here and now", it seemed to be pretty much established, this idea that Ns daydream about fantasy stuff that couldn't happen, yet when I brought this up with my mother, who is INFJ, she disagreed, saying that she much more often daydreams about realistic possibilities than some fantasy scenario. Now, she is in her 60's, so I don't know if maybe the fantasy scenarios are something that Ns "grow out of" to an extent, or if my mom is just more grounded than the typical N. But I do wonder how much of a consistent trait that is to use it as a determining factor for type.
What is realistic to an N may not actually be realistic. ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

I think that this is not just a N thing, T/F and J/P play a significant part in this as well.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP

I think that it's probably a combination of personal variation and age - and I don't think that you can really use it as a consistent trait as a determining factor for type (I don't, by and large, believe in any one trait being useful in that way - it's just what I had to go on in the small sample of quotes from the mystery person :D).

I do think that many people tend to "show less N" as they get older. I'd put myself in that group. As a child or a young adult, you have a lot more opportunities to engage in "N-type" thinking. Responsibilities (such as they are) at that age tend to focus on learning and socializing, and it's much more socially acceptable (or even desirable) for children, particularly, to fantasize or go off on abstract tangents, to let their minds run wild.

Most of the adult world is very different - especially in the workplace, where we spend so much of our time. Sure, there are exceptions, but for most people, a large portion of workday activities aren't very amenable to abstraction. And I get shot down all the time at work for hypothesizing or going off on tangents, even when I think they're pertinent to the issue at hand. There's little support in most adult environments for a less realistic viewpoint, and with the combination of work and things like paying bills, taking care of kids, running the household, etc. it's reasonable to see that a lot of people tend to focus on more realistic things as they get older. Not good, not bad, but we all change as we grow older.

alicia91

I asked my three family members about what they daydream about:

ENFP (teen) - a great life, boys, being wealthy and seeing the world, being in love
ENTJ (40 something) - inventing cool technology that I sell, make millions and retire young
INTP (60 something) - Shrinking Earth Theory

There seems to be quite a range. S's arent' the only ones who daydream realistically about their own futures, or glorified aspects of themselves.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, time for a new one:

Turns out that being given a challenge of writing about yourself so others can type you is a difficult thing for me to do. I find it hard to put my thoughts into words sometimes and add to that the over analyzing of everything I write so as to not put bias in my words, I could tell you that I love and care about people and you’d say uh-ha, they’re a feeler, or I could tell you that I have a hard time dealing with raw emotions and you’d claim T, well the truth is somewhere in the middle of both of those things. If I sound as though I contradict myself its because I’m not one or the other, I’m both just in different quantities.

About me;

• When something has to be done I start at the end, I have to understand why before I can come up with any solutions but once that’s known innovative solutions come easily to me.

• Learning is its own reward, I have little interest in formal education, I’d much rather embrace a passion immediately and educate myself to the point that I could have a conversation with an expert and hold my ground, there doesn’t need to be a practice use, just personal enjoyment.

• Learning/researching new things is my favorite thing to do.

• When I was a child and wasn't eating books or playing with animals I was outside climbing trees and fences, being active, riding bikes but all the while imaging things other than reality in my head.

• In school I always got ok grades, B average, ok considering I didn’t try. No matter how much I wanted to do good and knew that would help me in the long run I couldn’t motivate myself to do homework when I was supposed to, I loathed writing assignments and got average-poor marks there for doing them at the last minute but I excelled in tests where listening in class and taking in the information became important.

• My favorite subject was History, I loved learning about wars and revolutions, they were real but allowed my imagination to see what it would have been like. I hated the assignments, they were long.

• I’ve always loved team sports, my skills lie in understanding the game and relying on tactics rather than natural speed or skills although I was never bad. I enjoyed the social, fun aspect of team sports the most and would get very involved with behind the scene roles at my clubs like Treasurer or Team Manager.

• I could count the amount of people I’d consider real friends on one hand.

• I can hold my own in a conversation but I’m usually fairly quiet.

• I love being around people, not necessarily interacting with though, just being around them, people watching. It doesn’t bother me if random strangers strike up a conversation with me as long as I’m not deep in concentration but I’m less likely to be the one initiating random conversations with anyone other than the friendliest looking sort.

Discuss.

phoenity

Okay, time for a new one:

Turns out that being given a challenge of writing about yourself so others can type you is a difficult thing for me to do. I find it hard to put my thoughts into words sometimes and add to that the over analyzing of everything I write so as to not put bias in my words, I could tell you that I love and care about people and you’d say uh-ha, they’re a feeler, or I could tell you that I have a hard time dealing with raw emotions and you’d claim T, well the truth is somewhere in the middle of both of those things. If I sound as though I contradict myself its because I’m not one or the other, I’m both just in different quantities.

About me;

• When something has to be done I start at the end, I have to understand why before I can come up with any solutions but once that’s known innovative solutions come easily to me.

• Learning is its own reward, I have little interest in formal education, I’d much rather embrace a passion immediately and educate myself to the point that I could have a conversation with an expert and hold my ground, there doesn’t need to be a practice use, just personal enjoyment.

• Learning/researching new things is my favorite thing to do.

• When I was a child and wasn't eating books or playing with animals I was outside climbing trees and fences, being active, riding bikes but all the while imaging things other than reality in my head.

• In school I always got ok grades, B average, ok considering I didn’t try. No matter how much I wanted to do good and knew that would help me in the long run I couldn’t motivate myself to do homework when I was supposed to, I loathed writing assignments and got average-poor marks there for doing them at the last minute but I excelled in tests where listening in class and taking in the information became important.

• My favorite subject was History, I loved learning about wars and revolutions, they were real but allowed my imagination to see what it would have been like. I hated the assignments, they were long.

• I’ve always loved team sports, my skills lie in understanding the game and relying on tactics rather than natural speed or skills although I was never bad. I enjoyed the social, fun aspect of team sports the most and would get very involved with behind the scene roles at my clubs like Treasurer or Team Manager.

• I could count the amount of people I’d consider real friends on one hand.

• I can hold my own in a conversation but I’m usually fairly quiet.

• I love being around people, not necessarily interacting with though, just being around them, people watching. It doesn’t bother me if random strangers strike up a conversation with me as long as I’m not deep in concentration but I’m less likely to be the one initiating random conversations with anyone other than the friendliest looking sort.

Discuss.

Odd. Sounds just like me. :D

When it comes to T and F, I think I might be pretty close to the middle.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx