veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    We need confirmation from Jeffster and a new post.
    Easy now. It's only been a couple hours since I posted the thread, give some more people time to have a take~!

Good input so far, guys.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    s: The daydreaming about more realistic topics, what he/she'd rather be doing, etc. as opposed to more abstract fantasy stuff.
    This part intrigues me. In my topic about "not living in the here and now", it seemed to be pretty much established, this idea that Ns daydream about fantasy stuff that couldn't happen, yet when I brought this up with my mother, who is INFJ, she disagreed, saying that she much more often daydreams about realistic possibilities than some fantasy scenario. Now, she is in her 60's, so I don't know if maybe the fantasy scenarios are something that Ns "grow out of" to an extent, or if my mom is just more grounded than the typical N. But I do wonder how much of a consistent trait that is to use it as a determining factor for type.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    This part intrigues me. In my topic about "not living in the here and now", it seemed to be pretty much established, this idea that Ns daydream about fantasy stuff that couldn't happen, yet when I brought this up with my mother, who is INFJ, she disagreed, saying that she much more often daydreams about realistic possibilities than some fantasy scenario. Now, she is in her 60's, so I don't know if maybe the fantasy scenarios are something that Ns "grow out of" to an extent, or if my mom is just more grounded than the typical N. But I do wonder how much of a consistent trait that is to use it as a determining factor for type.
    What is realistic to an N may not actually be realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

I think that this is not just a N thing, T/F and J/P play a significant part in this as well.

MBTI
    INtP

I think that it's probably a combination of personal variation and age - and I don't think that you can really use it as a consistent trait as a determining factor for type (I don't, by and large, believe in any one trait being useful in that way - it's just what I had to go on in the small sample of quotes from the mystery person ).

I do think that many people tend to "show less N" as they get older. I'd put myself in that group. As a child or a young adult, you have a lot more opportunities to engage in "N-type" thinking. Responsibilities (such as they are) at that age tend to focus on learning and socializing, and it's much more socially acceptable (or even desirable) for children, particularly, to fantasize or go off on abstract tangents, to let their minds run wild.

Most of the adult world is very different - especially in the workplace, where we spend so much of our time. Sure, there are exceptions, but for most people, a large portion of workday activities aren't very amenable to abstraction. And I get shot down all the time at work for hypothesizing or going off on tangents, even when I think they're pertinent to the issue at hand. There's little support in most adult environments for a less realistic viewpoint, and with the combination of work and things like paying bills, taking care of kids, running the household, etc. it's reasonable to see that a lot of people tend to focus on more realistic things as they get older. Not good, not bad, but we all change as we grow older.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    What is realistic to an N may not actually be realistic.
    Indeed. I was just about to respond...my dreams seems realistic to me. But not so much to others.

I asked my three family members about what they daydream about:

ENFP (teen) - a great life, boys, being wealthy and seeing the world, being in love
    ENTJ (40 something) - inventing cool technology that I sell, make millions and retire young
    INTP (60 something) - Shrinking Earth Theory

There seems to be quite a range. S's arent' the only ones who daydream realistically about their own futures, or glorified aspects of themselves.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Okay, time for a new one:

Turns out that being given a challenge of writing about yourself so others can type you is a difficult thing for me to do. I find it hard to put my thoughts into words sometimes and add to that the over analyzing of everything I write so as to not put bias in my words, I could tell you that I love and care about people and youd say uh-ha, theyre a feeler, or I could tell you that I have a hard time dealing with raw emotions and youd claim T, well the truth is somewhere in the middle of both of those things. If I sound as though I contradict myself its because Im not one or the other, Im both just in different quantities.

About me;

• When something has to be done I start at the end, I have to understand why before I can come up with any solutions but once thats known innovative solutions come easily to me.

• Learning is its own reward, I have little interest in formal education, Id much rather embrace a passion immediately and educate myself to the point that I could have a conversation with an expert and hold my ground, there doesnt need to be a practice use, just personal enjoyment.

• Learning/researching new things is my favorite thing to do.

• When I was a child and wasn't eating books or playing with animals I was outside climbing trees and fences, being active, riding bikes but all the while imaging things other than reality in my head.

• In school I always got ok grades, B average, ok considering I didnt try. No matter how much I wanted to do good and knew that would help me in the long run I couldnt motivate myself to do homework when I was supposed to, I loathed writing assignments and got average-poor marks there for doing them at the last minute but I excelled in tests where listening in class and taking in the information became important.

• My favorite subject was History, I loved learning about wars and revolutions, they were real but allowed my imagination to see what it would have been like. I hated the assignments, they were long.

• Ive always loved team sports, my skills lie in understanding the game and relying on tactics rather than natural speed or skills although I was never bad. I enjoyed the social, fun aspect of team sports the most and would get very involved with behind the scene roles at my clubs like Treasurer or Team Manager.

• I could count the amount of people Id consider real friends on one hand.

• I can hold my own in a conversation but Im usually fairly quiet.

• I love being around people, not necessarily interacting with though, just being around them, people watching. It doesnt bother me if random strangers strike up a conversation with me as long as Im not deep in concentration but Im less likely to be the one initiating random conversations with anyone other than the friendliest looking sort.

Discuss.

Okay, time for a new one:

Turns out that being given a challenge of writing about yourself so others can type you is a difficult thing for me to do. I find it hard to put my thoughts into words sometimes and add to that the over analyzing of everything I write so as to not put bias in my words, I could tell you that I love and care about people and youd say uh-ha, theyre a feeler, or I could tell you that I have a hard time dealing with raw emotions and youd claim T, well the truth is somewhere in the middle of both of those things. If I sound as though I contradict myself its because Im not one or the other, Im both just in different quantities.

About me;

• When something has to be done I start at the end, I have to understand why before I can come up with any solutions but once thats known innovative solutions come easily to me.

• Learning is its own reward, I have little interest in formal education, Id much rather embrace a passion immediately and educate myself to the point that I could have a conversation with an expert and hold my ground, there doesnt need to be a practice use, just personal enjoyment.

• Learning/researching new things is my favorite thing to do.

• When I was a child and wasn't eating books or playing with animals I was outside climbing trees and fences, being active, riding bikes but all the while imaging things other than reality in my head.

• In school I always got ok grades, B average, ok considering I didnt try. No matter how much I wanted to do good and knew that would help me in the long run I couldnt motivate myself to do homework when I was supposed to, I loathed writing assignments and got average-poor marks there for doing them at the last minute but I excelled in tests where listening in class and taking in the information became important.

• My favorite subject was History, I loved learning about wars and revolutions, they were real but allowed my imagination to see what it would have been like. I hated the assignments, they were long.

• Ive always loved team sports, my skills lie in understanding the game and relying on tactics rather than natural speed or skills although I was never bad. I enjoyed the social, fun aspect of team sports the most and would get very involved with behind the scene roles at my clubs like Treasurer or Team Manager.

• I could count the amount of people Id consider real friends on one hand.

• I can hold my own in a conversation but Im usually fairly quiet.

• I love being around people, not necessarily interacting with though, just being around them, people watching. It doesnt bother me if random strangers strike up a conversation with me as long as Im not deep in concentration but Im less likely to be the one initiating random conversations with anyone other than the friendliest looking sort.

Discuss.

Odd. Sounds just like me.

When it comes to T and F, I think I might be pretty close to the middle.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

BUMPZILLA!