User Tag List

First 12

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I'm gonna go for INFP. I'm sure an INFP came up with the saying "Don't let anyone put you in a box".
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Moved from NT Rationale.

I took an anneagram test to see if that would help.

Type 1 Perfectionism 50%
    Type 2 Helpfulness 50%
    Type 3 Image Focus 38%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity 50%
    Type 5 Detachment 66%
    Type 6 Anxiety 34%
    Type 7 Adventurousness 42%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness 54%
    Type 9 Calmness 58%

Im beginning to think i may be ISFJ. Mum is an isfj also, so that could be the source of all the arguing couldn't it?

Hey, welcome!

I think ISTP sounds very fitting from what I've read so far. The test result pointed to it also, with Ti Te Se Ni as the top 4. The ISTPs I know seem to have an element of J or Te, without actually having them. They have messy rooms, but are quite organised and precise.

You should've had more variation in the tests though, so try redoing it and see if you get the same answer again. It can be hard to completely get what each question is saying the first time, and look completely objectively at yourself. Even if you had one really low function it would be a clue. Though people don't have to be set types as many have said already.

Try the grouped version of the same test maybe. It helps you put the questions in context.

Cognitive Functions
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Hey, welcome!

I think ISTP sounds very fitting from what I've read so far. The test result pointed to it also, with Ti Te Se Ni as the top 4. The ISTPs I know seem to have an element of J or Te, without actually having them. They have messy rooms, but are quite organised and precise.

Try the grouped version of the same test maybe. It helps you put the questions in context.

Cognitive Functions
    Ni,Te,Si,Ne,Fe
    You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.

Se,Fi
    You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.

Ti
    You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.

Your Possible Type Code
    According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
    Possible result: ISTP

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.
    Possible result: ISTP

Your self-assessment curve = -2.1

ISTP. Interesting. I've always loved practical problem solving, but with an element of skill involved as well. Sounds ISTP to me. But to bring up another point, ISTP's are often listed as enjoying mechanical things - cars etc. I've never really been into mechanical things, and love practical work but i'm not that good with my hands due to lack of use. Do you think being a gay male would have anything to do with that, aswell as increasing my F, due to the number of emotional centres in my brain compared with a hetersexual male. I dont really have any stereotypical gay tendencies, but do you think the fact that ive denied it for nearly a year now, and instead promoted more "manly" values such as Te and J would have sckewed my result somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker45 View Post
    This test put me as ISTP. Interesting. I've always loved practical problem solving, but with an element of skill involved as well. Sounds ISTP to me. But to bring up another point, ISTP's are often listed as enjoying mechanical things - cars etc. I've never really been into mechanical things, and love practical work but i'm not that good with my hands due to lack of use. Do you think being a gay male would have anything to do with that, aswell as increasing my F, due to the number of emotional centres in my brain compared with a hetersexual male. I dont really have any stereotypical gay tendencies, but do you think the fact that ive denied it for nearly a year now, and instead promoted more "manly" values such as Te and J would have sckewed my result somehow?
    My sister is ISTP and she naturally writes lists and likes to be organised for stuff. Biggest adventurer I know also. And great at giving 100% in everything. I've never seen her fiddle with cars or anything mechanical in her life. She is perfect with writing though, and has great skills in almost anything. And the only way I wouldn't call her theoretical is that she doesn't philosophy in quite the same way as some N types. She's more answer and practically directed. Ask her about any problem and she will describe the system in perfect detail, tell you what matters, key points, what to do, how to do it. Great teacher. Good at sport too. What you do with the cognitive functions is your own to choose. So sometimes you can tell more by how you approach the things you are interested in, than what your interests are.

What things get on your nerves might be a good question? Different types are annoyed by different stuff.

p.s. I don't think sexuality will make a difference. Having some uncertainty of where you are at because of it, might bias your tests though.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI are preferences only... its not hard to choose what you prefer, it doesn't mean you don't use both...

Step One: Pick your favorite Letters ;D
    Step Two: ???
    Step Three: Profit

But seriously even if you only used say... N slightly more than your S... that makes you an N full stop no more questions kthx

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    What things get on your nerves might be a good question? Different types are annoyed by different stuff.
    Um where to start. Well i hate when people take themselves to seriously and don't understand that my smart ass comments are all in good jest.

I hate when i try to start a rational discussion with people and they take it as a personal attack.

I like being able to work things out for myself. It doesn't bother me if i screw up if i gain some kind of understanding from it. I like to experiment and be independant about the things i do. If someone doesn't let me do this i get fairly angry.

I don't suffer fools well.

Yep, that all sounds okay for ISTP. Not positive, but it's definitely on the right track.