• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

am i infj or infp?i'm open minded to any suggestions outside of this too thanks

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
does this sound like an INFJ to any of you
I will be posting some article parts from here
"http://www.infjorinfp.com/"
i just want to be honest here and see what you guys feel about it and maybe if up to it to give me some feedback which will be clarifying as you all are good at this typology theory stuff.

maybe this is a more fitting spot to put it lol.

article not mine from: "http://www.infjorinfp.com/"
The Self-Disclosure Facet

Here's a way to sort between INFJ and INFP: Ask yourself how you feel about self-disclosure.

If you're comfortable divulging personal information about yourself (particularly to strangers), you're more likely INFJ(i'm not going to lie i get pretty nervous disclosing info about myself but i will if it will benefit a stranger like if were both going through the same struggle i like to let them know there not alone and let them know i actually been through this and it may be hard but in the end you'll be happy there in peace. it felt good i could finally help someone with my grieving maybe they'll realize there not so alone").
You may not even classify much information about yourself as being "personal" -- depending on the situation, everything is fair game. If, instead, you're inclined to be private and generally tight-lipped about yourself and your personal life, you're more likely INFP.

Let's explain what self-disclosure is: it's a willingness to reveal information about yourself. It's not self-promotion or bragging. It's simply a tendency to reveal personal information in an attempt to build a "bridge" with others to build relationships and increase rapport. It's a way of creating shared experience, shared meaning.

Here's a good definition of self-disclosure from a website:

Self-disclosure is a process of providing information to another individual. The information that is disclosed include one's thoughts, feelings, past experiences, and future plans. ... Other characteristics that help define what self-disclosure is, and what it means, is that it "involves risk and vulnerability on the part of the person sharing the information" (Borchers). ... According to Fisher & Adams, "...all possible knowledge about yourself can be classified into two categories: public knowledge (what other people know) and private knowledge (what only you know)." Hence, when one self-discloses information to another, he/she makes public the private information of him/herself.
Here are the sorts of things that are topics of self-disclosure:

your beliefs about the world, yourself, and others (i'm not afraid to state how i feel about a believe about the world,myself or others i like to know i can be open with my friends even if there are people around that are acquintences near by that i don't know on a personal level i don't mind them over hearing my view or opinion even if they have a different opinion kinda helps too when they are especially think that there opinion is the end all and everyone should agree with me or perish. especially if there is someone who won't state her opinion and i know they'd agree with me i'll state my opinion to help coax them out alittle bit to show they don't need to tell you who you are or that you shouldn't say what you feel/agree with or "not" even not agreeing) my thing is this one friend was talking about abortion and how they might do it so the other friend blew up and pretty much threatened if you do that i'll never be your friend again it is wrong etc. I just remember getting so mad( i mean hot cheeks lol) I don't agree with abortion but you know you have no right to cram your view down someone's throat if you were a true friend you would just listen to her and be there for her no matter what in that situation of course cause it varies in different circumstances.

your values (what is important or not, what you like or don't, etc.
[/u][/b]of course i didn't say anything to above as i felt both have the right to act there own way i'm not going to interfere now if the person said that to me i would say "listen i'm not getting an abortion but if i were to i'd appreciate that you wouldn't try to tell me what to do with my body as i wouldn't with you etc yadda yadda) my values are simple i'll help you only if your willing to help yourself now when i was in my teens i didn't have that kind of philosophy yet this was developed after learning how some people don't appreciate give and take they just want you to listen "all the time" hey now i do like to know i'm not a sound bored...i won't say this directly but i will show that i don't approve by slowing growing away from whoever is doing that.[/u][/b]

your emotional responses to events or to others
your goals When one self-discloses, the intent is to gain knowledge, or information, about the other person, as well as him/herself. What this objective enables individuals in the relationship to do is "...coordinate necessary actions and reduce ambiguity about one another's intentions and the meaning of their behavior." (i've done this when there was someone i really didn't know as she was new to the school she looked like she'd be nice to get to know so when we had a study hall together i shared all this stuff with her(10th grade) that i normally wouldn't share with others especially since i told this "other" friend something i thought i could trust them with nothing horrible; just about how much it hurt when something happened to me.
first thing i just couldn't speak it was like my voice just disappeared on me i didn't speak to her the rest of study hall period i didn't know what to say i felt really vulnerable and practically gave my friend my heart to just stomp on it like that jeepers lol especially since we both shared the same situation
i thought i could talk about something like that but apparently not(back up lol; not going to them anymore)

When one self-discloses private information about their thoughts and feelings, there is a high degree of vulnerability. The individual self-disclosing is taking a chance of getting hurt. That person may get hurt in a number of ways. Their "true self" may be rejected or exploited. The information that was disclosed may not be responded to in a positive manner, or the information may be used against the discloser, leaving the other person in the relationship to gain power. There is a loss of control associated with self-disclosing that can be very threatening to some people.

Let me explain what self-disclosure is not. It is not leaving people to their own devices to learn more about you. Charlie Chaplin (likely an introverted feeling type) is quoted as once saying, "If you want to understand me, watch my movies." (maybe that's like the modern day if you want to learn about me look at my facebook/myspace or enneagram type xDDD/ slightly guilty of the E/mbti one haha) That's typical of an introverted feeling type. Along similar lines, I once asked someone who claimed on their webpage to be INFJ why there was no information about them -- and was informed that I would learn everything I wanted to know by reading the short stories they had written. The truth is, if I am left to INFER who you are -- that is not self-disclosure.

Many people confuse self-disclosure with exposing their ideas. For example, a lot of INFPs enjoy "blogging," where they share speculation with the world about things that are going on.

Technically, this is not self-disclosure. Self-disclosure is not about speculating or working out implications -- it's about bridging with personal revelations, often revelations that are "concrete." Examples of this might include, "oh look! We both drive a Honda Accord!" or "my mother died last year too."(definitely if i find someone that also lost a parent or new car hehe i won't hide the fact that i too have lost one or a new car even if they are a stranger...maybe it will help both to heal/or be excited for new car
to just let it out. i should add if it's someone on an elevator just as an example lol or random stranger at previous work about something truly tragic i usually don't know what to say but i'll if it seems alright to cause it is a touchy issue with people i'll put my hand on there shoulder and usually say "i'm sorry" i don't like saying " i understand" cause do i really? )
It's especially obvious when we "tell on ourselves," by sharing painful stories about ourselves or revealing mistakes we've made.(only do the painful stories thing with friends i know and trust i wouldn't be found releasing all this internal pain to just any person who walks by with a story of there own....i will contemplate if i should tell them but by the time there done venting i usually am still debating if i should release it so usually i just listen if it's a random friend or acquientence(however you spell it lol).
i haven't even informed some other friends that i knew in high school about what happened in my life the past couple years...just haven't had contact with them but have with other friends who are friendship has developed.

same goes for career goals i don't like releasing something like a plan to do something unless i'm absolutly sure about it to my friends so usually my friends won't know of any indecision i have had in my life unless i feel they are going through the same thing and they won't be a hypocrit/judgemental.

I notice self-disclosure operating when I talk about getting fired from a job, or share an embarrassing moment I experienced at a party( i would not do this...though i was this one person and i thought that they would sympathize when i quit cause i just wasn't happy actually got let go;surprised i'm even bringing it up here but i think it's vital to be honest in this.
just didn't want to let them know it was cause of that cause i knew this person would be critical like "why and when lol" but they said well why did you quit?
i was like *sigh* you know it was for my own personal reasons.*i didn't care to explain i actually wanted to quit cause it wasn't personally satisfying having a dictator over my head every two seconds making me feel like i'm just a pawn in his career. but didn't care to explain to this person cause they
would go all mother hen and lecture me on "my" choice that would make "me" happy.

. Last night I encountered a woman in a public toilet who had spilled coffee on her white dress, and I found myself babbling about something similar happening to me as a way to create relationship and eliminate the tension of being strangers.(( i don't know how many times when ever i am at a store/bathroom stall/restaurant etc if something happens and it seems like it may embarrass them i try to either let them know happens to everybody or how "i remember one time when i was "blah blah blah something similar happened to me as well blah blah blah xDDD, i'm such a dork sometimes i feel self centered going on about myself but i'm actually doing it so they don't feel like there alone especially if they have a stain on there and there visibly feel self conscious about it and bring it up to me i try to let them know "it's alright it happens it high school i spilled a whole slushie on myself in front of the whole cafeteria" something like that always i end up going on how that happend to me also even with friend not just strangers/waitresses male or female if there clumsy i'll usually say "it's alright happens to everyone i like to let them know i see you as a human not as this superhero who's suppose to run a circus while handing me my food xDDD haha seriously it applies everywhere/to everyone could be me being a phobic 6w7 i like to also disarm people and let them know "i'm safe i put my hands up be gentle with me lol".

To put a fine point on it, most people tend to self-disclose after they get to know you. INFJs self-disclose as a WAY to get to know you. So the question is how soon it happens in the relationship -- early on for INFJs(i'll self disclose to strangers as away of breaking the ice; helps if there's something to base it on in which were similar lol) or later on for INFPs. Are you more inclined to spontaneously share things about yourself to a stranger, or only after you've gotten comfortable with someone?

In my experience, INFPs just don't like sharing too much personal detail about themselves. I noticed once on an email list how I let everyone know I was leaving to go visit Australia for a week. I didn't want anyone worrying about where I'd gone to. The INFP list owner simply disappeared for two weeks, although he was happy to say he'd been on vacation after he got back. I found that to be an interesting difference. (usually i let my close friends know if i would be on vacation or unable to go to something if there close enough to me, i do find i'll forget a person here a person there but i'll make sure my close friends would know so i figure they would find out by them.
like i remember when i became an aunt i brought in all these pictures of the newborn to show everyone i always talked about them. (see these were people i knew so i don't know if that makes a difference...i could see myself bringing up being an aunt if the other person brought up a similar situation as small talk hehe.

Last weekend I spoke with a trainer who knew type, and when I casually asked him what his type code was, all kinds of resistance showed up and he was uncomfortable saying he had INFP preferences. Another INFP I am conversing with via email has told me all sorts of things about his wife's behaviors, but I don't know her name or how old she is or anything specific about her. She's just a vague impression for me. A domFi I met in person was uncomfortable telling me his name when I asked point-blank what it was.
(see if i was in person i would have just told my name cause whoever it would be is in person not over the internet don't know if that means the same thing lol/helps if meeting for a similar reason(convention/a new friend of current friends i'm being introduced too).
Some NFPs have a habit of deftly turning the tables and asking others about themselves in order to turn the focus away and shine it on the other person instead so as to cleverly escape the limelight.(i'm not afraid of having a moment to express what i'm going through to my friends even if i see one person bored i'll get offended but if there are a couple who are willing to listen and actually care then for them i'll keep going but i like to share the load as well like "what's your story?" it's not all me me me like the bored one would have loved to just talk about themselves directly and indirectly.

they may be good at getting others to self-disclose, and prefer to stay hidden in the background, keeping themselves private. On the other hand, I have seen NFPs fall into the "grip" of extraverted Feeling and begin babbling inappropriate information to anybody who will listen -- sharing about affairs, a death in the family, and personal medical matters that might be better left unsaid (at least publicly). So it's not that NFPs can't self-disclose -- but they don't do it as gracefully as NFJs seem to. (like i understand to shut my mouth when someone else's grandmother is dying of cancer when i feel they never truly listened to me during my need(loss of loved one)
(yethear i am listening but i rather do that then go to there level)

(like i would be the type to keep a page private to only let my close friends to be able to read, same if i were to have a blog i don't really lol)

This tendency to self-disclose or not shows up readily on many homepage websites. Some owners freely provide their life story in great detail (like mine does) while, in contrast, other sites avoid personal revelation -- so a biography is lacking, a picture is lacking, and no personal details are provided. The owner may be anonymous, or an alter ego (such as their cat) hosts the website, or perhaps there are "under construction" signs posted in the bio section (under construction for the past 5 years, you'll notice).
(that's me i share opinions but make note that this is just my opinion i'm open to hearing others opinions and i won't criticize it, i'll actually here you out not shun you)
The owner may share lots of opinions, but their personal details are scant or buried. If any self-disclosure is offered, they seem uncomfortable with it, and it's not intended to build a bridge -- it's more like somebody put a gun to their head or shamed them into sharing it.

i agree self disclosure can help you build a bridge with someone it's a good conversation starter instead of how's the weather? i have to say i do that just to kinda feel out the person maybe they'll give me something to add to there story about how were walking the dog and it raining. me: oh you have a dog i used too myself but he got lost when i was younger..got to love dogs. i would do that word for word scouts honor i don't lie.

more like so you have neices or nephews?i have blah blah *waits for response; i won't do this if the person seems to sending me major "don't converse with me i care not to talk while on the elevator; i find i don't mind that either i actually prefer that cause small talk can be annoying especially if you feel there is pretense like you have to kiss up i don't like kissing up haha but it may seem like i kiss up but really i am just friendly.

Of course some of this is related to age. Younger INFPs tend to be more private than younger INFJs, who may get caught up in runaway self-disclosure and not stop talking about themselves. As we grow older, we all tend to mellow a bit around this distinction -- so you may want to consider whether your self-assessment holds true for most of your life.
(ooh that's tricky)

My husband and I probably have our worst fallouts over this preference -- he hates it when I reveal private information about him without his permission, and I am the eternal blabbermouth. (No doubt he'll scream when he learns I revealed that!) i don't assume I'm saying you should tell all by what I've written here! (i actually got in trouble once cause it wasn't made clear or i wasn't paying attention not to share something with another person that someone told me i honestly said i was sorry and i didn't mean to do that and it will not happen again i was ashamed of myself like i let them down)

Let me be clear: INFJs tend to self-disclose. INFPs like it when others self-disclose, but they usually aren't in a rush to do it themselves. To confound matters further, INFJs self-disclose more than they imagine they do, and INFPs self-disclose less than they realize. Of course, this is all compounded by the fact that the INFJ interaction style tends to be the most *private* of all the types. But when they DO open up, is it marked by a tendency to share about themselves?

(when someone close to me passed i didn't tell my friends it wasn't intentional i was just wrapped up in everything they new the person was ill and all that was happening i just didn't feel like letting them know i kinda withdrawed from them to process everything and wasn't even thinking you may want to let them know *smacks up side head; i'm so absent minded*)

sorry for the long post i want an honest answer and i'm not afraid of questions that will bring clarity to light so please don't refrain i did the same thing with enneagram i want to know i'm being real about this and i'm not just playing around it's really important that i understand it in it's entirety learn all the types motivations try some hats on if they didn't fit remove them lol so that's what i want to do with the mbti have an honest evaluation.
thank you very much for listening to me babble.
it's really all down to either infp or infj i want to understand for sure what one?

Last edited:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
thanks but what makes you say infp cause i don't want to just accept something without having certainty of it.

i could see infp but i have read infj and being your an infj is there any tell tale way that can point to not being infj cause i have look at the cognitive functions and i can see where those are what i have been developing like tertiary Ti instead of Si.

i just don't want to discount something wow i must say i'm seeming awefully perceiver(open ended xD) lol but i just i read infj and even before i new what the mbti i came across the infj site that has quotes for every year and goes into what there all about.
i have read these two sources hear
INFJ Defined - Dolphin Cove
i agree with
* value personal integrity and "being true to yourself
* spirituality is important to us
* are sometimes looked upon by others as naive, mostly due to our idealism
* can be quite gullible; many INFJs build up a protective armour over the years to protect against this and being "used" by others.
* enjoy thoughtful discussion but dislike arguing for argument's sake, as this often degenerates into ugly conflict
* love personality tests and other self-improvement tools
* love quotes/quotations and are often "philosophers" or "theologists" ;)
* are "Directors" who give advice, though usually more subtly than most other Directors
* are interested in ESP, paranormal, "new age," or psychic experiences
* "Mute withdrawal is a major INFJ defense." (this is a biggy if i feel you've attacked a vulnerable area after me opening up to whoever)
* very independent
* They are generally "doers" as well as great dreamers.
* They have high expectations of themselves and need to live their lives in accordance with what they feel is right.
* are proud of their authenticity,
* . They've even been known to have visions/premonitions/auditory and visual images of things to come. ( had a feeling in my gut i couldn't explain about a month or so before something happened and i thought preparing myself for whatever could be heading my way would calm my worries but the feeling of something bad coming and it was confirmed when it happened and what do you know the bad feeling in my stomach went away one thing i knew was i was so down after this happened i researched so much on getting a hunch before something happens/premonitions etc it spooked me but that's not only time i've experience that it was just my first serious premonition
had two dreams where i saw parents car before they showed me and another time saw where i was going to be seeing a old teacher unexpectedly.
could this be extraverted intuition and not introverted intuition
how could i tell the difference of the two cause i may be mistaking introverted intuition with extraverted intuition possibly.
* They tend to be secretive by holding back and protecting part of themselves, thus creating hidden sides to their personality. They are choosy of what and when to share things and tend to only truly do so with those they trust.

http://www.keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=3&c=counselor

* Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.
* They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. (i agree with this very private; i do notice i only give specific info out of my internal world which i mean like how i feel less then or weak cause of certain situations like feelings of not being up to par with everyone socially kinda try to give off "i'm alright even though i feel like if i expressed those vulnerable deeply held parts of me would they accept it. not just talking about expressing opinions/how i delt with grieving processes that i have had to go though more about how i am frustrated with myself over not achieving stuff that i feel should be achieved by my age.
i feel whenever i hang out like people can see how i feel so behind on the "social norms" i try to act alright by either fading in the background and only dealing with more gentle, accepting people or by being friendly and appearing doing fine.

for INFP
I don't agree with this
*INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it. If they must face it, they will always approach it from the perspective of their feelings. In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right. They don't want to feel badly.
(yes i do approach it from my feelings of how your actions affected me. one thing i know i tend to be stubborn about who is right or wrong even if i don't like how it makes me feel i want to fight fair i don't want something thinking i'm going to just buckle down and accept what they feed me i have a brain and i have been harnessing it lately to better get my point across which has been hard. i have been able to fairly logical in expressing my feelings as of late instead of yelling like keeping calm while i show my side but show how i'm not personally attacking and may be interpreting this wrong but this is how I saw it blah blah blah and such things like " now i don't think you intended to come across that way but when that was happening i seen it that way and it affected me lol (surprised i can describe what i said cause usually it's whirlwind and i just say what needs to be said with a precise plan i've been learning to apply my emotions but to have a calm logical approach being more aware that i maybe taking things too personal but to let them know that maybe i perceived it as that when you did that etc.

this is just going all over the place but i want to give everything a fair shot

ISFP ( bold what i agree with/ i first hide what type these were just so i could be objective in seeing in what i agree with so to the best of my power i remain objective.
What’s it like to be you?
Probably I’m the happiest when things are just a little different everyday. I don’t want to commit to any particular way to be. I want to be able to be a lot of ways. In my mind, I am peacefully assimilating myself to a lot of different situations, flowing easily between them all. Most people don’t understand there’s a lot going on inside. It’s always different, and if it’s not always different, it’s no fun.

When I’m someplace, doing something, I’m really there. The whole experience is related to that time and place. And people only see the part of me that is with them that day. That’s who I am for that day, but little do they know that tomorrow I might be different.

I’m reserved when I first meet people, but I am friendly, warm, and outgoing once I’ve gotten to know someone. I really enjoy listening to people, hearing other people’s stories and learning about them. I remember a lot of the details. I ask a lot of questions and like the challenge of recognizing where people are coming from and why they might be coming from that perspective. I love the give and take of conversations. I really feel thrilled and excited learning from that intellectual energy combined with that emotional energy. It gives me a sense of the person. In any situation, I love the give and take, the playfulness and energy, the excitement and a little bit of competition, a little bit of one-upsmanship. But when it becomes abrasive and people personally attack others, I’m offended.

I have a lot of interests and I can get interested in one thing, and then something else comes along and that looks fascinating. I enjoy using the skills that I do have, and they’re varied. I’m always on the lookout for something that uses my skills and abilities, that will give me variety and still be stimulating and let me have a mission with people. In my best jobs, I was connecting with people and problem solving and often using tools, adapting equipment or techniques.

////http://www.bestfittype.com/intj.html link.

I often feel I am missing something, that I have a perspective or viewpoint that isn’t widely shared and that I am decades ahead of my time, maybe more. It’s like being caught in a time warp.

I tend to be someone who looks at all the what-ifs, thinking way ahead with a vision of things and anticipating. I’m always interested in extending myself into areas I don’t do well in. I’m a good problem solver from that perspective. I like to go through anything I can think of before I act—the implications, what others have tried before and their effect, my options and their consequences, who to mobilize and in what time frame. I like coming up with new ideas about how to approach a situation until I find a solution that feels right. And I like to think that solution will be something that works for everyone. I experience problems as challenges, not as things that can’t be dealt with or accomplished. Challenges can always be dealt with

I am naturally organized, structured, and analytical. If a project enters my mind it immediately assumes the form of its pieces, its basic structure, and what order—first, next, last—it will take to get it done. This isn’t something I do, it happens instantaneously without effort.(takes effort for me what i did with enneagram/in highschool projects) Issues are multifaceted and I try to think from different perspectives, not only my perspectives but others’ too. And I’ve found it’s good to gather as many facts as I can. Sometimes there is a piece that needs to be thrown out, or maybe it’s the seed of another project.

I won’t do something if I feel I can’t do it well. I prefer trying something, then critique after the fact. I will integrate the experience and never make the same mistakes again. (absolutly if i mess up i'll look where i went wrong then correct and don't do it again)I am satisfied when things work well, and I like to improve people’s lives by reorganizing and introducing things in an understandable way that is explicit and clear and makes sense. Then someone else can come in and take over. I set very high standards for myself, and I believe it is possible to be competent at anything and everything I set my mind to.

I keep myself very private; that’s a part of who I am. I keep people at arm’s length. They have to gain my trust and interest. People are curious about me, I think, but only the brave try to figure me out. I feel very serious, but some I meet I just like a lot, and I can be spontaneously playful. I have a sensitivity to people and can feel warm with them, although many perceive me as intimidating, aloof or annoyed, or incredibly calm and competent about everything. People say I ask them good questions, not to make the decision for them, but to help them think through things. I look for systems that will make things better, and I am very much a person who seeks fairness and equality. People are very important, and I want to help them develop the skills they need to get on in life, whatever that means for each one of them.

There’s always something to occupy my mind or attention. I must be using my mind in a purposefully creative way, pushing the envelope with the most creatively challenging thing I can do, being the originator of a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist yet. It’s a complex world, and I believe we each should develop as complex an inner life as possible with the facility to react or initiate in a wide variety of ways. The more successful one is at actively developing all of that and having access to that, the better things can be. If something really interests me I have an incredible ability to stick with it—even though I have a larger perspective, I can be very focused and zero in on a point. I have always seen the world at many levels.

Autonomy is important, to be respected for my own thoughts and feelings, ideas and creativity. I am turned off when people try to discredit my ideas or don’t listen before they even understand, or when people don’t try to do the best they can or fight against progress. And if the emotional piece is not well managed in my life, or not compartmentalized, work is very difficult. Chitchat is tedious. I don’t know what to say, and I figure the other person isn’t actually interested in me anyway.

Over time I have built a world-view, like constructing a map of the cosmos, and from this, essentially everything is understandable and anything is possible. All the things I’ve done, have been self-taught by picking up on or asking myself good, clear, penetrating questions to expose and articulate the hidden structures that underlie the experience of living.

/// ISFJ
I like feeling I have helped someone with a concern, helping them figure out, deal with, and resolve the problem, knowing that what I recommended or advised really did help that person.

I am fairly quiet with an easygoing attitude and am modest to some extent. I do not mind being alone, although I do like to be with people too. I like having friends, and family is the most important thing in my life. I am a reluctant leader—I like to have some say in things and I am glad I am doing it, but if things go well with someone else as leader, then that doesn’t bother me. Privacy is important, though it’s nice to be thought of well by others. I like to have some independence; to be able to come and go as I please is nice.
I am dependable and conscientious. I have a big sense of obligation with work. Doing a good job is really important to me. Give me specifics and a plan on how you want me to do it. Brainstorming is generally harder—it’s a skill to acquire. I prefer to work by myself without distractions because I like things done a certain way. It’s taken me a while to learn that my work is much better quality when I’m drawing from those who see things differently. They help keep up my enthusiasm. And I get upset when work backs up—and it probably takes me longer than most people to do something because I am so thorough. But when I have learned a lot about what I do, I think I get the job done much faster and I can make difficult work look easy. I cannot stand people not doing their best job. I do what I say I’m going to do and stick with it until it’s done. And I can find myself overcommitted. It’s important to me to be able to say “Okay, this is enough responsibility for now, I don’t have to climb that ladder at any cost.”

Organization has always been a real strength. I do it all internally, in my head. I am fairly detail oriented and a very structured person. I have to have things in a certain place, with a plan and things prioritized, so I can leave things and pick up the next day where I left off. Being structured is a natural thing with me, to want to have things set.

I dislike conflict. I really care about treating people with a lot of respect. It’s an emotional drain when I have to deal with different opinions and reconcile everyone. I give an opinion based on what I think is fair and what’s been done in the past. What’s decided for one person shouldn’t be really any different than for another. I respect that people are certainly entitled to feel the way they feel, but in working or living together, decisions have to be made and things have to go a certain way. I need positive feedback that I’m doing a good job and that my opinions are similar to the opinions of others, to hear, “Yes, I think that same thing.” I worry when there’s disagreement. I question myself. I’ve learned to challenge what I don’t feel is right, especially if someone does something to me that I don’t feel I would have done to that person.

Anything really major in life can take forever to decide. I look to what matters to people, talk to them and get their ideas, then put it all together into something that satisfies everyone. I am more comfortable preparing first and then starting something, after I’ve pictured it in my mind, rehearsed it, and perfected it. I feel I do a good job expressing myself when I have a chance to prepare, although I do better in reflection. Answering questions on the spur of the moment can be hard too. I will take something minor and get all freaked out when it’s nothing to get upset about. I’m very methodical and prefer things to be laid out. If it’s a problem with me and another person, I can analyze the situation endlessly until I talk to the person again and straighten it out.

I consider myself adaptable to anyone. I feel that a lot of people think I am a nice person, and because I was always there for them in the past and willing to help, they try to take advantage of me. But as long as you are doing something okay with your life, then you are okay with me.

I need acknowledgment from people who I really care about. Compliments can be embarrassing face to face, though. A paycheck is nice recognition too. I like a day when everything works really well, when I get a lot done, people respond very positively and there is a lot of laughter. I have an unusual sense of humor, and I like laughter.

INFJ

The quest for more knowledge, the meaning of life, the philosophical questions—my mind is always occupied, and what’s exciting is when I get to follow through with an insight and do something. I am an abstract future thinker, looking at things from different perspectives. I’m about the relationships and possibilities and enjoy anything with deeper meaning that leaves me wondering, with more questions to ask and things to untangle. Connecting for me means being able to intuitively ask questions of people to get them to go deeper into the things they are talking about.

Inspiring others, helping them find their purpose or meaning, being a different kind of leader from what’s traditional—that’s really gratifying. I just do that naturally. The challenge is opening up people’s minds to have their own original thoughts. I’m a listener and guide.
I think I am a mystery to people. They never really understand me and part of me enjoys that. More often though, I long to be understood.

I tend to approach my day with a structured way of getting things accomplished. People see me as organized, thorough, and easy to get along with, pulling my own weight and eager to help out when called upon. But I’m not as outgoing or as critical as I may sometimes appear. I need a balance between people contact and working on creative projects and will break away from interactions when I get tired out. If I don’t have some long-term goals, then what’s the point?

I tend to intuitively read people very quickly, but I have to be cautious not to make assumptions. I’m an observer. I get a feeling when people are interesting, and I watch from a distance, make some assessments about the situation, and then approach them and engage in conversation. I put a little bit out and a little more and see how that goes. Do I trust and like them, are they who they say? I have a few deep friendships. A friendship comes best when it is worked to develop that investment. I quickly pick up on sincerity and withdraw if the person is superficial or obviously doesn’t care. When I see people who abuse their power or won’t stand behind what they say, that ticks me off. It’s about integrity. I feel other people’s feelings, and taking on that burden can make me too intense and serious, where I can’t be spontaneous and fun loving.

I like whatever gets us to think beyond the box, where people can function better because they are not afraid to say things they really feel. I have a lot of imagination and by and large can amuse myself. I love independent projects and reading and writing. I do my best thinking alone, and I like getting out in nature, being alone to go inside and center myself. I have always been drawn to the spiritual. Everywhere, I see life in symbols. Symbols give me focus. Sometimes the connections and perceptions in my mind are so abstract there are no words to explain. A lot of times I just know something and can’t explain it—a premonition that’s hard to articulate. If it’s strong I usually say something or explore where it’s coming from, but I will keep it to myself if people don’t seem to understand. Informed decisions require lots of information and looking at a situation from as many different points of view as possible. I find it amusing, the absurdity in everyday situations.

It is painful when there is conflict or when I offer advice and someone chooses not to take it. For me, I have to prepare myself for what is going to happen so I can either support people in a positive way or get away and wait out the inevitable heavy duty stuff before returning to fix things. How will it impact me and the people in my life? Will it put me in another place or another level where I can grow more? Not knowing the right thing to say and do is stressful.

Everything revolves around growth. Caring is about the ability to help others grow. What I bring is caring about people, not things. If we spent more time trying to understand each other’s point of view, to communicate more effectively, we would grow. In an honest, open, sincere relationship, I can accomplish anything. My challenge is to create those kinds of relationships. I respect most the person who is willing to come forth and be an individual—to make the world a better place, or make a difference in a person’s life, where we reach each other’s hearts.

I'll come back to this tomorrow to fill in the gaps of anything that i feel will help address why i don't want to through INFJ out the window without looking at it completely like i did with enneagram and now i can say
I am SP/SX/SO 6w7 ^^D feels good to finally put a finger on something.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think that you are an INFP because you are thinking so much about this. Fi on the loose.

I didn't read all of your post to be honest, but it's not something to obsess over. It's basically a given that, as an INFP, you are going to be unsure on at least one, probably 2, of your letters. Mine are the N and the F, and occasionally the I. So I'm an XXXP. The P, though, is FOR SURE.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fi on the loose xDD good one haha thanks btw hehe.
what about a 6w7 It took me such along time to come to absolute conclusion of 6w7. they do say 6w7 tends to back into there own type
is that maybe why infp corresponds with 6w7 possibly?
I agree with Pe but i feel i haven't truly looked at the functions throughly/Ne Ni just can't shake infj for some reason.(check my scores on my blog my Ni as well as my Fi/Ne are off the wall and my Ti is alittle higher than Te on both tests and those were takin back in december not recently so i feel it's not biased. My Se is also alittle higher than my Si maybe i have developed those but what expains the hugely developed Ni which i know i use alot right up there with Fi/ my Fe is pretty high up there too.)

this are the test results i got back in nov/dec ish.
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************** (22)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.8)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************************** (47)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.6)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************** **** (54.5)
excellent use

another one i did a few weeks ago
INFJ 79% Type Dynamics Results(INFP(inborn, natural) 2nd infj/enfp 3rd/ intj 4th (3rd Introverted) traits)
INFP 78% Ni - 26
ENFP 75% Fi - 24
INTJ 69% Ne - 24
ENFJ 69% Fe -20
ENTP 65% Ti - 15
ISFP 61% Si - 11
INTP 56% Te - 11
ESFJ 52% Se - 9
ENTJ 47%
ISFJ 43% Ni, Ne, Fi, Fe, Ti, Te,Si,Se
ESFP 39%
ISTP 39%
ISTJ 33%
ESTJ 30%
ESTP 29%

i don't just hand my brain over to tests don'tr worry i make sure it holds...and to me it does.

Last edited:

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think, from your results that you posted, for sure INFP. 1% is well within the margin of error. Ultimately, though, the choice is yours. And if you have a hard time coming to the choice, you're an INFP :p You're caught in the trap.

Oh, and any Enneatype can correspond to any MBTI type, and while 6w7 isn't common for INFPs (or INFJs to my knowledge), you can still be one. I think there's a type 8 Enneagram INFP somewhere on these forums, and type 8 SOUNDS like pure TJ type thinking. But control can mean different things to different people. Types 4 and 9 are most common, though, for both INFPs and INFJs, at least as far as I've seen.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'll keep infp in mind as i look at infj abit more what i think i need to do is search it out looking into the understand of 6 and 9 and infp/infj
thank you i can see alot of perceiver in me but i want to make sure i have clarity to understand where it's coming from.

i'm leaning toward infp but there's something i can't shake with infj i feel i relate to Ni Fe Ti thing then have Se inferior and Si as eight function. also am pretty aware i do have a strong Fi but maybe lately the passed couple years cause of reflection(over couple deaths and concept of dieing) maybe i have helped it along? very young Adult hehe.

i've looked at type 4 and 9 but i just looked at 6 and man it explained my ever changing nature/doubting mind and not being able to make a decision and so much more then just that as well.
six really explains alot more deeply woven needs/ can't really think of any right now but it's true from all that reading i did woo and reflection lol.

i believe there can be an eight infp just not as common i would think can't rule out the chance cause mbti from what i heard describes how you act out your enneagram so i'd assume any enneagram type could be any mbti cause mbti is down to behaviors. i could see as a six how i use Ni to make me feel more secure/safe especially through music/watching the sunset/listening the birds/watching kids play and it will give me a sense of calm from all my worries sometimes if i let go too, whatever's been worrying me seems clearer i think that's cause of 6 needing to integrate to nine though lol. but how i go about it behavior wise would indicate mbti right?
this is so confusing lol.

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
You have provided good reasoning for your enneagrams. Hmm, like Jeremy said I think that questioning your type can be an INFP trait, but it could also be Ni function being used a lot, contemplating how you could be INFP or INFJ, so thats a reason for INFJ. If this helps, its sometimes possible for INFPs to have high Ni, from what I've talked with other INFPs, I have that aswell, but I could be INFJ aswell.

I don't think you should dismiss INFJ, though, it feels like you could be INFJ. It could be due to external situations that you have developed Fi, as you say.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
do yourself a favor, and focus only on functions and only on the first two functions. understanding Fi and Fe is the most important (reliable) keyfactor. (once INFx is sure) and for heavens sake forget about the J/P dichotomy.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Here's a way to sort between INFJ and INFP: Ask yourself how you feel about self-disclosure.

If you're comfortable divulging personal information about yourself (particularly to strangers), you're more likely INFJ(i'm not going to lie i get pretty nervous disclosing info about myself but i will if it will benefit a stranger like if were both going through the same struggle i like to let them know there not alone and let them know i actually been through this and it may be hard but in the end you'll be happy there in peace. it felt good i could finally help someone with my grieving maybe they'll realize there not so alone").
You may not even classify much information about yourself as being "personal" -- depending on the situation, everything is fair game. If, instead, you're inclined to be private and generally tight-lipped about yourself and your personal life, you're more likely INFP.

Let's explain what self-disclosure is: it's a willingness to reveal information about yourself. It's not self-promotion or bragging. It's simply a tendency to reveal personal information in an attempt to build a "bridge" with others to build relationships and increase rapport. It's a way of creating shared experience, shared meaning.

I can't help but be skeptical of this characterization. Every INFJ I've known has been private and fairly hesitant about self-disclosing anything personal to them. Expressing opinions, sure, but anything really close to our hearts is off-limits unless we have some reason to trust you. I know much more about most of my friends and acquaintances than they know about me...and I sort of like it that way.

On the other hand, we do selectively disclose to "build bridges." I just doubt that INFJs are that much more likely to disclose information about themselves, much less not classify much about themselves as personal.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have provided good reasoning for your enneagrams. Hmm, like Jeremy said I think that questioning your type can be an INFP trait, but it could also be Ni function being used a lot, contemplating how you could be INFP or INFJ, so thats a reason for INFJ. If this helps, its sometimes possible for INFPs to have high Ni, from what I've talked with other INFPs, I have that aswell, but I could be INFJ aswell.

I don't think you should dismiss INFJ, though, it feels like you could be INFJ. It could be due to external situations that you have developed Fi, as you say.
///

hmmm interesting.....so it's possible to be infp with high Ni makes since
so does the external situations cause when that happened i really had to go inside myself and do some major reevaluation of what i was going through and how to deal with it cause i felt unsure and it seemed like it would prove helpful to use Fi which is described as
"It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words (sounds similar to Ni how do i tell the difference between Ni and Fi and Ne/Fe/feel like this will prove helpful if i first figure out what makes those different...thanks so much ^^).). As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” this is agree with cause i had to sometimes just say things despite disagreement to stand up for myself at first standing up for myself was hard cause in the heat of the moment i felt i couldn't put my feelings into well thought answers i've been working on that lately to better say my feelings in a quick and to the point of the matter. learning to have a thought to what i'm feeling and being able to actually express it. On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. (Ni can do this too can't it?It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.
////
Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us. A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden “Aha!” or “That’s it!” The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future. (can see where i've had a hunch and just in case to be prepared i would push alittle harder to get something cause i sensed it would be needed in the next few months and of course it was bang on i needed it(license/car unless i wanted to be held back anymore then i already was by certain family members and there decisions that could have held me back more from people not respecting that "i do have needs and would like to go to school/support self instead of always filling in for the mother not taking up her role and said person not finding something to do with said child. willing to help but not sacrifice my needs of wanting to go back to school/getting work/ bettering myself and getting out there in the world lol. etc)
Using this process, we might rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten, or transform. We could find ourselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs.(this is what happened when i just new that getting would be beneficial cause something was going to interfere with my plans and if i didn't have a car this person will manipulate that fact. This process can involve working out complex concepts or systems of thinking or conceiving of symbolic or novel ways to understand things that are universal. It can lead to creating transcendent experiences or solutions.

////

do yourself a favor, and focus only on functions and only on the first two functions. understanding Fi and Fe is the most important (reliable) keyfactor. (once INFx is sure) and for heavens sake forget about the J/P dichotomy.

/////

okay so looking at the first two functions of infj and infp.
introverted intuition/ extraverted feeling/ infx
introverted feeling/ extraverted intuition/ infx
pretty sure F but can never be too sure so then when i figure out those then i look over at judging and perceiving.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
this is agree with cause i had to sometimes just say things despite disagreement to stand up for myself at first standing up for myself was hard cause in the heat of the moment i felt i couldn't put my feelings into well thought answers i've been working on that lately to better say my feelings in a quick and to the point of the matter. learning to have a thought to what i'm feeling and being able to actually express it.

these are your words right? i see nothing in that, that is exclusive to Fi. it might be Fe as well. in fact for me -being Ni- its common to lose my mind over anger. the translation of intuition into language is the hardest thing, and when in temper i will only be able to throw out some simple metaphors and exaggerations. in such a moment i dont have arguments that relate to how the other people are thinking, i just have a picture, its like that! makes me look stupid in the eyes of Ti or Fi people.

how do you relate to this

nanook

a scream in a vortex
On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good.

this sentence says that Fi evaluates people based on action and thinks of a person as good person if the person makes an effort. this is not an analysis of integrity, coherence of character or anything. it is not interested in the charakter at all. only in good will. Fi is quick to think that the most inauthentic people are good hearted. on the other hand it is quick to think that a person is bad if he acts in a destructive style (Fi has a poor/vage understanding of "styles"), and Fi does not care much if the inner integrity of that person "requires" this style of action. them break the rules of inner-harmony (steadiness), they could hurt anyone, them bad punks :p

NiFe is much more sceptical about how coherent a person is. Fe strongly acknowledges any good willingness, but Ni will not be blended by that. this comes with a typical ambiguity about how one relates to people. those whose course of action Ni may adore for its character (vision), may scare Fe in a relationship because of their frequent violation of static Fe reliability (external harmony), those who are easy to get along with, or easy to calculate, emotionally, may secretly be judged as boring or inauthentic.

(Ni can do this too can't it?It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

the idea of essence is liked by NiFe and FiNe people equally, though they have a different idea of what it is.

"fine distinctions among feeling tones" are picked up by both Fe and Fi. they are likely to pic up a different set of tones, though.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't help but be skeptical of this characterization. Every INFJ I've known has been private and fairly hesitant about self-disclosing anything personal to them. Expressing opinions, sure, but anything really close to our hearts is off-limits unless we have some reason to trust you. I know much more about most of my friends and acquaintances than they know about me...and I sort of like it that way.

On the other hand, we do selectively disclose to "build bridges." I just doubt that INFJs are that much more likely to disclose information about themselves, much less not classify much about themselves as personal.
personal info disclosure happens in only if i know i can trust that person to not break the trust of me opening up to tell such a deeply held vulnerability.
recently i have been getting to know someone better and i finally let out a vulnerability i don't let out much and to the advice of my mother i decided to let it out and fill in this close friend about how i've been feeling lately about a vulnerability in return she shared something with me which felt like there was bridge built like you said and it felt good to share each others inner worlds and be able to understand and listen to each other. this was the only person i filled in on this part of myself i wouldn't fill in anyone about this if i knew they would be judgemental or critical of my view point/vulnerability with little sympathy or understanding or would blab it to every other friend.

i tend to withhold info that could give someone my identity or to find me i would prefer to not have that released as well/ b-days, facts of things that happened to me and what not.

it's interesting you mention about how you know much more about most of your friends then they do about you, I have to actually agree on that one.
when this one person passed my mom would tell me " you should at least tell a couple of your friends what your going through so you have someone to go to...i replied i know. then whenever i get a boyfriend or getting to know them i don't want to get to know them with my friends around esp. this one friend who tried to be around when i was getting to know this person i said "i appreciate it but i just want it to be the two of us so i can get to know them etc. really i didn't like the idea of them intruding on something i haven't even established yet with the person and even if it did turn into something it would be under lock and key i could see where my friends wouldn't be apart of my romantic relationships they would know i'm dating someone only if i know they wouldn't try to pry into our private buisness(this one friend wouldn't know; too nosy hehe) but even then it's not like i would have them hanging around when were together it would be more....the annual dinner here he is lol.

that has been my problem my mother has let me know on numerous occasions "it's okay to tell people the pain you have went through you know"
to which i go "i know but i will when i'm ready and if that person deserves to hear it and know it won't fall on deaf ears" (tendency to hold back the expression of the actual pain of a situation and the inner turmoil that went down that i don't hand over so easy i'm like a fault on that one....one thing i do notice none of my friends have been in my room either but i've been in there's hahaha...i have to really trust you as a true blue friend not just some nosy person who wants to sniff through all my material stuff i feel if someone is snooping through my stuff i get really annoyed if it's not warranted by me it could be looking through a box of my bath and body stuff but i still don't like it what do you really think your going to gain by being nosy and invading heh.

this person also would go through people stuff just lying around too i remember one time we were out for lunch and we all had our accessories just sitting there. of course this person grabs one of them and says " oooh what do we got in here" proceeds to snoop the first thing i do is grab mine and place it my shoulder as a "your not doing that without my permission" jesture.
it's like an invasion i'd rather you not do that it's obnoxious lol get to know me not my purse and it's contents haha.

thanks this is tricky.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
one of nanook's posts.
mad stuff inspired by this thread

its not actually about the functions in a purely abstract cognitive context.
its about particular aspects, typical symptoms, of introverted and extroverted feeling.

involuntary awareness of other peoples social attitudes and relative emotions is raving Fe. been hugely developing this lately.

Fi people will only feel whatever they like to tune into. they may be unaware of how often they are not tune it, or may be tuned in extremely often. but still, if they are tuned in they may rather feel what people feel about themselves, but such feelings are not the topic here. its not what fe is about either.

Fe scans involuntary....

the Fe of an introverted person interprets "you make me feel that i am unlovable"
Fi interprets "I feel about you, that you are one of those haters, shame on you" ( i could see both of these; lately been feeling the ""you make me feel that i am unlovable" and able to express to boot lol)

both may be afraid to go out of themselves,

but the Fi person would rather not like to, if he detects disrespect, because "they" are not worth whatever he would have to contribute. the introverted perspective evaluates dominantly what it's subject it worth. if you are hated and it feels bad than hate is bad thing and haters are evil people. away with them. ( i don't think i'm that extreme even when i was younger i wouldn't let "haters" make me think there a bad person more just someone who is not worth my energy and they will work out whatever insecurity there wrestling with. i won't react outwardly. inside it will hurt obviously heh)

the fe person would like to prove that he is not "unlovable" (in this example, or useless or whatever) (especially lately really vulnerable lately to how people see me or there opinion of me so lately just been hibernating cause of this especially if i feel useless/unlovable) because if he cant prove, he will have to believe that it is true. the extroverted perspective is slave to the objective truth. he is being hated. of course he will hate people back for employing such power over him, but most of all he will hate the world, his birth, his unlovable nature. his ideal is, that people should be allowed to hate him, but should keep it more to themselves.(yesss i never had a problem with people not liking me but just can't understand why can't they keep it to themselves and at show respect. even when i was young i never would act out my dislike i would even show respect to someone. but he knows that they will act on their whims and attack him gladly. there are various ways of dealing with this bad situation. you could project that you are love thus need to be loved back. enfj and esfj would likely start to believe this projection so they would rarely be aware of their underlying conflict. an introverted Fe person would mostly try to be "love" by not speaking his mind. so he is aware of the lie in it. he will often try to be helpful (and genuinely enjoy it if he gets taken advantage of), ( i despite being takin advantage of)but would not dare to help someone who does not think of him as helpfull/usefull. so being helpful does not help to get rid of rejection. you could project that you are steel and can not be affected by what people think.(always did this especially when being picked on when younger i would act like it didn't bother me but it did big time) its a blatant lie but if the spikes on your head are long enough, you fingernails are black enough, and your eyes are grim enough eventually they will believe you, and then you might believe yourself. think of an emo-boy. the irony is, that an emo-boy who projects attitude like this is NOT an Fi person. Fi people do not project their emotional attitudes, and keep true feelings to them self.(i don't project how i feel through described above)

all of this, the introverted "turnaround of values of others" and the extroverted approach about "pretending ignorance about perceiving values of others" or "pretending to match them" is about getting rid of rejection.

so all of this is equally disintegrating.

to integrate Fe you need to be aware of your reaction. hating people for hating you is not okay, for yourself. you do want to understand that they basically have true needs and their values are based on it and you are not needed so you have low value, and that you can be useful to them, if you acknowledge these needs but you do not have to pretend that you are like them, have the same needs that they have ... no point in that. they may still thing that you are shit, because you are not like them, dont have their needs, thus dont have their values, but you don't believe that you are actually shit because you share their values, for their sake.( i never minded expressing something that was my own opinion i actually would show my view on something especially if i felt the person was close minded and wanted to be a sheep; to follow along blindly. this is like going from a suppressed enneagram eight to enneagram two. or like going from victim to jesus.

the Fe type acts involuntary agent, but feels threatened in that. an introverted Fe type will witness his avoiding behavior, an extroverted Fe type will lie about his hidden agency. he hates feeling threatened and hates agency, but not enough to confront true communion because from where he stands it looks like communion is threatening agency. one needs to embrace communion to achieve a healthy stable agency. he will be inclined to ascending, hoping that, from an high enough gravitation communion cant swallow him. but ascending is unhealthy without descending. one symptom of unhealthy ascending is not having much of a memory of ones past. and bad concentration issues. he must dare conscious descending fist. then he may find healthy communion, then he may find healthy agency, then he may find healthy ascending. conscious descending may be interpreted in a one going to seven (introverted style), an eight going to two (serving), or an two going to four.

to integrate Fi on the other hand, you need to integrate that you may be shit, imperfect ... even by your very own values, and still be okay with it. you can strive for perfection without lying about how incomplete you are. infect even if you are the best that you can be, you are still just incomplete without other people. don't try to become "right" in order to prove people wrong, don't try to be morally perfect in order to prove them evil, try to acknowledge that you want to experience other people. you don't matter in that experience. you don't want to prove your value for others( i hate having to prove myself to people why can't i just be accepted don't have to share the same view but at least just respect it please lol), your relation to them, you don't have to either, but trying it a little bit would help you to experience more. connection.(sounds like that could help me alittle heh)

the Fi type will involuntary be very communal, but feels threatened by it, because he gets lost in it, and avoid a lot of situations where communion is even possible. as enneagram nine he would commune without recognizing it. could not help himself, obsessive-helpful behavior (claims that he must stop letting people take advantage of him, but likes being a good boy to much), or having strong feelings of being at home in a small town. as enneagram four he would only commune with loved ones, plenty of them. as nine he wants to experience a fullness in peaceful boring solitude as four he wants to experience fullness in the passion of love. both desires cause descended rather than true communion. for true communion, healthy agency would be required. for true agency a conscious effort to ascending is required. this could be interpreted as a enneagram four going to one (intuitive variation), or a nine going to three (sensing variation) or a seven going to five.

there is no extroverted Fi type, and i have no Se or Ne types in mind, to create a text that matches them. when writing the above part about Fi i had at least six Fi types in mind. when writing about Fe i had myself and stereotypical enfj in mind. the enneagram references are especially experimental.

obviously the both of fe and fi are issues for all living people/types. type determines which side of the conflict is consciously troubling us, its the one that needs neurotic compensation. whereas the other one rather sabotages us subconsciously in a long term kind of way.

but if anyone had achieved more integrated variant of both functions and would more frequently access the inferior or unconscious variant, he would still have a preference for one of them

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i am sensing a misunderstanding there.

as an Fe person it is easy to identify with the lecture that an Fi person needs to learn. an Fi person is likely in denial about this need.

as an Fi person it is easy to identify with the lecture that an Fe person needs to learn. an Fe person is likely in denial about this need.

so all of what you have bolded is pointing to Fe (i have not jet read your comments, though ..)
edit: after reading you comments i cant tell if you have resonated with any of the patterns, as i see them.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i am sensing a misunderstanding there.

as an Fe person it is easy to identify with the lecture that an Fi person needs to learn. an Fi person is likely in denial about this need.

as an Fi person it is easy to identify with the lecture that an Fe person needs to learn. an Fe person is likely in denial about this need.(i'm confused here about fe/fi and identifying with the lecture i'm not grasping the idea of what this means for some reason)

so all of what you have bolded is pointing to Fe (i have not jet read your comments, though ..)
edit: after reading you comments i cant tell if you have resonated with any of the patterns, as i see them.
(i must be brain fried xDD; what you mean by resonated; not as in definition but you can't tell of the cognitive process patterns or?)

nanook

a scream in a vortex
(i must be brain fried xDD; what you mean by resonated; not as in definition but you can't tell of the cognitive process patterns or?)

i mean, your reaction does not tell me which one of the patterns that i have descibed match you better.

i'm confused here about fe/fi and identifying with the lecture i'm not grasping the idea of what this means for some reason)

i mean, for example, if you are Fe you naturally know how to do Fe, and it matches your valuesystem. if i say "Fe is important" you will agree. "yes we need more Fe in the world, Fe for the win". thats what i mean by identifying. unless you are very vise and realize that you (being Fe) need to develop more Fi values. so if someone boldfaces the lecture for Fi (which basically says: "you need more Fe values"), than this may mean, that he allready is an Fe person. or he is a wise Fi person who understands his need for Fe.

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
I have to say those were some amazing posts...

"he must dare conscious descending first. then he may find healthy communion, then he may find healthy agency, then he may find healthy ascending. conscious descending may be interpreted in a one going to seven (introverted style), an eight going to two (serving), or an two going to four."

How does one consciously descend? Hmm that sounds interesting.

Also I think you have a good grasp of both intuitive and feeling functions and thus, is a good reason for it being blurred, emotion hues and intuitive are difficult to categorise, by their nature and Nanook it seems that whichever function DuchessoftheShadows, she values, having the other function, which will the make distinction difficult between INFP and INFJ. I feel you are an INFJ from reading from this, due to the categorising, systemising nature of INFJ's due to their tertiary Ti, which runs as an undercurrent in their evaluation of human orientated systems, I see this in your posts here, INFPs do too aswell, in a different manner, they compare, contrast, evaluate too, so you could be using Si either, as well, since that is reviewing and linking, quite similar hmm, its hard to say.

"INFJ Tertiary
Introverted Thinking (Ti)

Clarifying principles
Categorizing and classifying
Analyzing
Checking consistency
Universal"

"INFP Tertiary
Introverted Sensing (Si)

Reviewing
Linking
Comparing and contrasting
Noticing match and mismatch
Past"

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Does it matter if you're one type or the other? What does a type label mean anyhow?

If your first impulse is getting mad at me for not "helping" you're INFP. Ni from INFJ will be prompted by the question into writing a long response of what it think it means.