User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

hi noigmn nice to meet you ^^D.

hmmm interests
    anime/manga fma,naruto, maybe someday bleach),comedy"reba, still standing, george lopez, home improvement", love medical mysteries like house MD(i could listen to house run off his ideas anyday xDD same for jon stewart.

but seriously i just love to spend time with my friends and family i never really got to crazy about crafts, i find especially the hands on ones(majority are) difficult i tried scrapbooking i liked it but only did it once and guess i wanted something that i personally created.

i like yoga for the physical fitness but also the spirituality like it makes me feel more connected with everything, the world, people also more at peace and less anxious so it's also a anxiety coping tool hehe.

love meditation like nature sounds, native american flute again it soothes my anxious mind, giving it peace and contentment "today" calms any worries i have about the future.

health nut but am able to treat myself when i see it's deserved or at times give in too much(i'm harsh on myself here)

absolutly love music any kind as long as it has some kind of meaning beyond
    the usual singing about killing/hatred/threats to other rappers/gangs.
    i'll even like rappers who when i listen to there music and i see that they have a message other then as they appear. I don't judge music that has meaning and a message.

like i wrote off a song just because i didn't like when he said my pinkie is worth over some random amount of money everytime i hear it i say
    "i don't care how much your pinkie costs it's not about that material BS lol"
    or a brand name shoe/purse/car or how they have like 10 bedrooms 3 bathrooms and 5 cars. okay come on you can't tell me you couldn't of put your money to better use like maybe all the problems in this world. poor people, education, vh1 support the music kinda thing/donations/helping animals either financially or actually getting involved volunteering as mentioned above hehe.

hmmm why do i feel i'm nf oooh never been asked that.......may seem general but the fact that i am very emotionally expressive in how i feel about something like if someone's hurting don't be surprised if i cry right there
    even i told my self i wouldn't (i'll fight but have absolute no control; i've gotten much better at this now...figures hehe).
    maybe i'm having a hard time describing why i'm nf cause
    i looked at intj cause of the tertiary Fi and dominate Ni but maybe i haven't gave it that much thought as infj/infp though i have looked at it.

hope that's helpful i don't know if this will help or not for discerning type.
    any other questions i'm all ears if curious or need clarity.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Hey,

I think this is a very interesting thread on Ni -- http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...s-meaning.html

Related aside - it's easy to take a cognitive functions test and test out as having a high usage of a certain function, and also relate to function descriptions for that. But it's another matter to actually be on this site, and interact and observe those who *actually* have that function as a dominant one. That's when you can really start to see whether you have a solid, true grasp on the function, or whether you just think you do. For example, I always test as having high Fi - pretty much tying with Ni - but when I start seeing Fi in 'action' - both on the boards and in real life - it becomes apparent that I don't exactly use it as a dominant process. This is one reason why I don't think digging into cognitive functions, and taking the function tests, is the best bet for determining type. In the end....cognitive functions only confused me more. Before learning about cognitive functions, I was relatively certain of my type - INxJ - and hadn't really ever tested otherwise. After learning about functions, suddenly I started thinking I was a P. But everyone who knows me, including people on this board who I've met in person, say I'm an INFJ, as if P isn't even a remote possibility. So -- I was back where I started, and shouldn't have even bothered with cognitive functions.

It may be most beneficial for you to just try to take a step back, maybe interact on here, and get a feel for various posters. Then you might be able to assess whether you identify more with INFP's as a whole, or INFJ's as a whole, or some other type altogether. Don't just observe one person of a certain type and then make your decision based on that -- as for one, they may be mistyped, and also there's variability within the same type. But over time you'll get more of a feel - vibes, patterns, generalities, tendencies - for each of the types. And maybe after observing and interacting for a while, one type will resonate a lot more with you than another.

And, final note - statement of the obvious here, but remember mbti is just 16 Types covering ALL of humanity. There's obviously a lot of variability and quirkiness in everyone, and people are complex....so the 16 types are sort of like 16 different trends. Just ways to classify people by temperamental and cognitive persuasions. 16 general ways to prioritize and approach life, interactions, and the world. And many/most people will start branching away from their 'instinctual' behaviors or thoughts, i.e. their preferences won't be immediately obvious, as they get older -- which would be balancing out. And personally I also like to view each type, and each dichotomy, as a spectrum. So, take ESTJ for example -- an ESTJ with a really pronounced 'J' preference is going to appear differently than an ESTJ with a very slight 'J' preference. Or, an ESTJ with a slight S is going to appear differently than one with a strong S preference. And you therefore can have all sorts of combinations, and 'flavors', within the general ESTJ type. You could possibly do the same spectrum scale with cognitive functions as well - although I haven't thought enough about how that would work (but I know a few people on here have explored that notion!).

(Also I should probably add that there are a lot of differences in opinion on this site too as far as the best way to determine type -- many look a lot more favorably on cognitive function analysis, for example!! So...well...keep that in mind when you're reading my posts!)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Nice to meet you too.

On first read, I thought you were INFJ, but then wasn't sure. Reading it again INFP seems a good fit. There's something in the writing style that gives me an INFP feel.

Maybe try to describe why you feel you have the functions Ni and Fi. And what they seem to be for you. One may be Fe or Ne, and be getting mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    hi noigmn nice to meet you ^^D.

hmmm interests
    anime/manga fma,naruto, maybe someday bleach),comedy"reba, still standing, george lopez, home improvement", love medical mysteries like house MD(i could listen to house run off his ideas anyday xDD same for jon stewart.

but seriously i just love to spend time with my friends and family i never really got to crazy about crafts, i find especially the hands on ones(majority are) difficult i tried scrapbooking i liked it but only did it once and guess i wanted something that i personally created.

i like yoga for the physical fitness but also the spirituality like it makes me feel more connected with everything, the world, people also more at peace and less anxious so it's also a anxiety coping tool hehe.

love meditation like nature sounds, native american flute again it soothes my anxious mind, giving it peace and contentment "today" calms any worries i have about the future.

health nut but am able to treat myself when i see it's deserved or at times give in too much(i'm harsh on myself here)

absolutly love music any kind as long as it has some kind of meaning beyond
    the usual singing about killing/hatred/threats to other rappers/gangs.
    i'll even like rappers who when i listen to there music and i see that they have a message other then as they appear. I don't judge music that has meaning and a message.

like i wrote off a song just because i didn't like when he said my pinkie is worth over some random amount of money everytime i hear it i say
    "i don't care how much your pinkie costs it's not about that material BS lol"
    or a brand name shoe/purse/car or how they have like 10 bedrooms 3 bathrooms and 5 cars. okay come on you can't tell me you couldn't of put your money to better use like maybe all the problems in this world. poor people, education, vh1 support the music kinda thing/donations/helping animals either financially or actually getting involved volunteering as mentioned above hehe.

hmmm why do i feel i'm nf oooh never been asked that.......may seem general but the fact that i am very emotionally expressive in how i feel about something like if someone's hurting don't be surprised if i cry right there
    even i told my self i wouldn't (i'll fight but have absolute no control; i've gotten much better at this now...figures hehe).
    maybe i'm having a hard time describing why i'm nf cause
    i looked at intj cause of the tertiary Fi and dominate Ni but maybe i haven't gave it that much thought as infj/infp though i have looked at it.

hope that's helpful i don't know if this will help or not for discerning type.
    any other questions i'm all ears if curious or need clarity.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    It may be most beneficial for you to just try to take a step back, maybe interact on here, and get a feel for various posters. Then you might be able to assess whether you identify more with INFP's as a whole, or INFJ's as a whole, or some other type altogether. Don't just observe one person of a certain type and then make your decision based on that -- as for one, they may be mistyped, and also there's variability within the same type. But over time you'll get more of a feel - vibes, patterns, generalities, tendencies - for each of the types. And maybe after observing and interacting for a while, one type will resonate a lot more with you than another.
    I think this is good advice for the OP. I actually feel much more confident in my INFJ type having read some of your posts, cascademn, and consistently having found so much to relate to and so little to argue with. This goes for some of the other INFJs on the board as well. I've questioned my J, as have a few of my friends, but the bottom line is that I rarely get that "yes, YES, that!" feeling when reading most INFP posts. I've read most of the "You know you're an INFP when..." thread and felt like the majority of the suggestions were coming from a completely different place, and while there's a lot on the INFJ version of the same thread that doesn't fit me, I very rarely thought, "huh?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

hey all
    sorry i haven't been ignoring you guys
    I notice there's some posts so tomorrow i'll respond more in depth.
    I have to admit i have been looking at isfp/infp
    and took cascademn's advice and have been looking at
    them whole just as a type so have been looking on this forum here
    at isfp and i'm finding i relate quite abit to the isfp
    i'm getting what you said hokie the "yes yes that /or tah dah lol"
    going to keep looking at infp/isfp also was looking at istp but i don't know about that but i have a feeling that's because i'm a female and i have a hard time seeing me as a stereotypical thinker(i do not mind my emotions but i do tend to find i keep them hidden showing them(the really vulnerable stuff) only to people i know but i'm sure everyone does that in some form.
    it's like the stereotype istp's cause of the t don't feel or get emotional or care but from reading on here they show in actions i can see where i'd prefer that but i don't mind hugging, touchyness lol. (probably being general but i don't quite grasp istp i don't want to judge something i could be unclear about.

i'll just keep an open mind.
    thanks i'll reply better to respond to noigmn's post
    the question about why i feel ni or fi i have to put some thought into that one cause that's tricky to describe lol. i'll get back don't worry haha.
    did the same thing with trying to understand tertiary ti and si post...had to sit on it for abit.(still sitting on it lol...it's hard to put words to why i'm looking at those it's tricky)
    tootles i'll be back
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

What's It Like To Be A Thinking Woman? What's It Like To Be A Feeling Man?
    (is this site accurate on female thinkers? if so i'm going to look at that more as a possibility heh)

most importantly i found this link about extraverter sensing and extraverted intuition also introverted sensing it goes into detail about it and how
    someone can mistake extraverted intuition for extraverted sensing
    check it out ^^D
    How to tell iNtuiting from extraverted Sensing
    by Linda V. Berens and Judy Robb
    How to tell the forest from the trees!
    Extraverted Sensing - Notices the rich detail in the whole forest - the trees, their color and texture, their sounds, their smells, the pattern of light and dark...

Introverted Sensing - Notes that this forest has always been here and recalls being in a forest from childhood, smelling that smell and the fun of playing hide and seek behind the trees... (this is so me right here ^^D a certain smell or the way sun hits the ground or how the chilly air feels/music notes can just take me back to childhood if i just close my eyes.)

Extraverted iNtuiting - Thinks of the fractal patterns, the wide range of possibilities in the forest, how this forest is part of the ecosystem and is affected by polllution from the city...

Introverted iNtuiting - Recognizes that the forest is deeply symbolic of all of life in its interconnectedness and constant recycling and growth and foresees that this forest will soon be torn down for a housing development...
    How to tell iNtuiting from extraverted Sensing
    more useful stuff in the link.
    ///
    Extraverted Sensing, the MBTI, and the Artisan Temperament..Some Questions Answered
    another goodie "Problematic Definitions of N
    In our work, we have found that a vast number of_ S_Ps select "N" responses rather than the "S" responses on the MBTI , Their behavior and reports have been taken as typical of those with a preference for N. Because of not using the added information in the temperament model or not paying close attention to Jung's definitions and Myers descriptions, the observations of people with _S_P preferences have filtered back into the mainstream definitions of N. When we go back to Jung's descriptions, we find these descriptions have veered off course from the original meaning. " interesting lol.
    ////
    Temperament and Stress in Our Everday Life
    ////
    Temperament Theory
    (good breakdown of concrete and abstract hopefully it will be insightful to others as well.
    ////
    Wizards in the Wilderness and the Search for True Type
    "Simply, journeys have beginnings, middles and ends. Sometimes loose ends, but ends none the less. Sometimes missing middles and raw beginnings. If patterns are like movie themes then process is the plot. And a plot with holes is painful -- process is hard to explain, but we notice and complain when essential elements are missing.

Unfortunately, we just can't point to one moment in a movie and say "This, my friends, is the plot." Or one tree in the woods: "This, folks, is the forest." Or, "he's using metaphor, he's an ENFP." Metaphor may frequently play a part of the ENFP pattern, but it is not the whole pattern; other types can and do use metaphor as a process in service of their particular type pattern. This is why Jung's functions challenge us. "
    "For each new person we meet we must forge (or perhaps "follow") a new path determined by everything else we know about the whole terrain and all other available paths. As practitioners, we can draw on:

* Sixteen unique type patterns
    * Jung's eight mental processes
    (functions in their attitudes: Se, Si, Ne, Ni, Te, Ti, Fe, Fi)
    * Four temperament patterns in terms of core needs, values and related talents
    * Interactional processes like directing vs. informing (exemplified by the directive "forge" vs. the informative "follow" in the paragraph above)
    * Type development
    * Other factors: gender, culture, age, generation, life experiences
    * and all those patterns that still lie in "undiscovered country."

(wow i feel this must show it's more then just a type or whatever / they look to other factors to get the whole complete picture(i know it's obvious lol just thought this was interesting to point out)

above quotes from article link.
    i got sent a story and
    this is actually going to help me understand type and is related to this discussion i started just trying to figure out what function use is used in this story.

now i would be the one looking at the trees and wondering why is the lady frowning (my mom would be the lady frowning lol) si or se? this i think will help me see isfp or isfj?
    actually a good example is when there was a power outage (the one where majority of the country's power was out a black out there we go.
    there was a full moon and i could just see the blue light hitting the ground so beautifully and it was actually lighting up the house it was so bright and i was just amazed about it (still would be today hehe; love nature) so i went and got her to show her and after she sees it she's like
    "so you got me to show me that yes it was pretty it's the moon"
    i said "but there's no streetlights so it's so beautiful you can see the light hitting everything if the streetlights were you couldn't appreciate the beauty of it as much. then i went on to say "you got to appreciate these things life lol(being funny) she replyed i know hehe.(i'm the younger one haha; daughter)

MY FRIDAY STORY

See the Trees
    By William Lambert

I lived in Alabama on a half-acre lot blessed huge oak trees that were 40 feet in diameter. They were HUGE! The house was laid out such that every bedroom faced the backyard. Each bedroom had a large picture window. The view was breathtaking. I enjoyed just looking at the trees. In the fall I would identify a particular leaf that was falling and watched it for what seemed liked 5 minutes before it fell to earth.

One day I invited this married couple over to enjoy the view from the bedroom window. I took them into the bedroom and excitedly pointed to the trees out of the window and exclaimed, "just look"!

After about 20 seconds there was no comment from the couple. I however, noticed a big frown on the woman's face.

I said, "What's wrong". She was reluctant to reply.

I insisted and again said, "What's wrong?"

She relented and said, "Don't you see those fingerprints on the glass?"

I turned and looked and there were what seemed to be fifty or more fingerprints on the glass. I ran for the Windex to clean the glass. The lady "Oh, I didn't mean for you to clean it now."

The morale here is this. That lady never saw the trees. Even when I tried to point them out, She missed it! I didn't see the fingerprints. I was looking through the glass not at it.

When the fingerprints were pointed out to me, I saw them and removed them. The lady never saw the trees. She focused on the fingerprints and she never got passed them.

Life is much like that. There are things in life that are good and things that are bad. You choose which things you want to focus on. I focus on the trees.

What are you focusing on?

from MyDailyInsights.com.
    What is Feeling?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

idk
    Last edited by INFtha14; 03-31-2009 at 11:09 AM.
    What is Feeling?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Lightbulb

okay after much confusion :steam:
    here it is if any one is curious or cares probably have beaten this to death.

alright after looking at what i think would be my parents types (dad: istp mom: either esfj or isfj probably more isfj)

but to summarize it
    an ISFJ with a really strong Fi and Ni, have a good handle on Fe i guess it's just under developed or average(** yeah the latter more like it now more balanced) which is probably why i thought isfp and still do from time to time.
    if i had to put the keisey temperaments in order it would go as such.
    SJ, SP(to the point i can surprisingly be laid back as long as i know everything is taken care of and my worries have subsided. been called a worry wart on many occasions not to mock just to point out), NF(who doesn't want meaning in there life i think that's what confused me),NT.

also what pointed to ISFJ esp. SJ was i like the idea of preparing too much to be an ISFP esp SP such as i would love and do love haha learning in a structored environment where i know what to do, what's expected, and i can have an environment where i can test out the skill first instead of jumping in head first eeek no thanks....to nerve wrecking and stressful to go in unplanned.

i did take into consideration that i could have just rubbed off traits of my mother and i know i have but isfj explains why i get so anxious as does
    type 6w7 when there is a big decision to make requiring change i get emotional get teary eyed but it's purely a stress release how i deal with all that's changing around me. probably get emotional like that cause with all i have been through doing what i'm going to do (go to college/start relying on myself after mother gets herself together this summer) it's flat out scary especially when it's something new but you know it needs to get done lot of inner confliction part of me wants to hang on to the little girl inside me but i need to realize i'll have a inner child in me but i need to grow up and accept responsibility as i am eager too but scared at the same time (haha type 6 indeed just a huge contradiction).
    Last edited by INFtha14; 04-02-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    What is Feeling?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I know this thread is old, but I'm going to comment anyway.

My husband and I probably have our worst fallouts over this preference -- he hates it when I reveal private information about him without his permission...
    INFJ

About 99% of the members who have commented in this thread disagree, but I have an INFJ friend (confirmed) who has a tendency of telling things I've told her that I didn't exactly want revealed to other people. It wasn't done maliciously but as a way to connect with people or to "build bridges," as someone else said, amongst people. I find it annoying, but I understand why she does it. Although she's private about herself, she definitely reveals things about other people who are close to her in order to make connections. Very Fe.

Personally, the distinction between INFJ private and INFP private is the INFJ is graceful at concealing things about herself. In small, intimate groups she talks freely about friends and family but manages not to mention a single detail about herself while the INFP keeps all fo that to herself and is more hesitant when asked about details of herself, friends, and family. The INFP Fi likes to internalize things while the INFJ Fe, to a certain extent, likes affirmation. The INFJ has a talent of never talking about herself but always around herself.

Also, I am relatively vocal about my values. I'll speak my mind on an issue if I feel there is an obvious double standard or inconsistency in someone else's argument. My INFJ friend, on the other hand, will just shut up so as not to hurt any feelings. I couldn't even imagine ignoring something offensive said or done because I wanted to keep the group "harmonious." Fe will do that for you. I, the INFP, will put up a good fight when it comes to my values.

I hope that helped some.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I know this thread is old, but I'm going to comment anyway.

INFJ

About 99% of the members who have commented in this thread disagree, but I have an INFJ friend (confirmed) who has a tendency of telling things I've told her that I didn't exactly want revealed to other people. It wasn't done maliciously but as a way to connect with people or to "build bridges," as someone else said, amongst people. I find it annoying, but I understand why she does it. Although she's private about herself, she definitely reveals things about other people who are close to her in order to make connections. Very Fe.

Personally, the distinction between INFJ private and INFP private is the INFJ is graceful at concealing things about herself. In small, intimate groups she talks freely about friends and family but manages not to mention a single detail about herself while the INFP keeps all fo that to herself and is more hesitant when asked about details of herself, friends, and family. The INFP Fi likes to internalize things while the INFJ Fe, to a certain extent, likes affirmation. The INFJ has a talent of never talking about herself but always around herself.

Also, I am relatively vocal about my values. I'll speak my mind on an issue if I feel there is an obvious double standard or inconsistency in someone else's argument. My INFJ friend, on the other hand, will just shut up so as not to hurt any feelings. I couldn't even imagine ignoring something offensive said or done because I wanted to keep the group "harmonious." Fe will do that for you. I, the INFP, will put up a good fight when it comes to my values.
    I really, really doubt either of these can be attributed to personality type, at least not more than roughly.

My father is INFP and he is prone to telling others' business, simply because he doesn't see the problem in doing so. Honesty is one of his virtues, but sometimes he is too honest. However, getting personal info from me, about myself and others alike, is difficult, to say the least. And if I've been told to not tell something specifically, you can just forget about it. I don't think I'm an anomaly amongst INFJs when it comes to that, either.

And I'm very vocal about issues. Whereas my father, again, is more reticent because discord interferes with his inner sense of peace. You have to keep in mind other things like Enneagram (he is Type 9, the peacemaker) and the individual themself; some people are just more outspoken than others.