User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Go take a fuction test a few times and see if that helps. They're not conclusive by any means, but I used to wonder between P and J as well, and they helped. Apparently, I'm FiNi, which actually seems to make alot of sense for how I act/think. There was also a thread a few weeks ago taken from infj forums(or whatever it is) detailing the differences in thoughts between infj and infp. It was very helpful. Ah here it is:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...p-vs-infj.html

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

do you have a link to a mbti function test? i had took one awhile ago can't remember where i found.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    do you have a link to a mbti function test? i had took one awhile ago can't remember where i found.
    Lemons has a couple tests, I believe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

INFP
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

thanks neo-g
    Your TMPI answers suggest that your type preference is:

INXJ

E 2 I 12
    S 6 N 8
    T 7 F 7
    P 3 J 11

always get high scores on introversion
    n and s seem pretty even whenever i take tests which i don't take alot causer i don't want to ruin the integrity lol.
    same for t and f it's usually pretty even on my tests
    now for p and j there have been tests i take where i'll get p but j will be equal/balance with it or right behind it or like this one where j is running the show hehe.
    i did my best to answer these to how i have experienced my self in the past but i could see p/j evenly distributed.
    also to note i'm under 25 so idk if that will be important to note of or not.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Lightbulb

Hi,
    I haven't disappeared i just have been really trying to look at the functions of
    Ni, Ne, Fi, Fe, Si,Se, Ti, and Te.

I also looked up some definitions to reply to siegfried's post just has to think it over.
    this is for tertiary Ti
    clarifying: 1. To make clear or easier to understand; elucidate: clarified her intentions.
    2. To clear of confusion or uncertainty: clarify the mind.
    3. To make clear by removing impurities or solid matter, as by heating gently: clarify butter.
    /////
    categorize - place into or assign to a category; "Children learn early on to categorize"
    reason - think logically; "The children must learn to reason"
    class, classify, sort out, assort, sort, separate - arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
    ////
    anĚaĚlyzed, anĚaĚlyzĚing, anĚaĚlyzĚes
    1. To examine methodically by separating into parts and studying their interrelations.(i definitely do this; especially right now xDD)
    ////
    conĚsisĚtenĚcies
    a. Agreement or logical coherence among things or parts: a rambling argument that lacked any consistency.
    ////
    universal
    Adjective
    1. of or relating to everyone in the world or everyone in a particular place or society: the introduction of universal primary education
    2. of, relating to, or affecting the entire world or universe: the universal laws of physics
    3. true and relevant at all times and in all situations: there may be no single universal solution
    Noun
    something which exists or is true in all places and all situations: universals such as beauty and justice
    /////
    this is for tertiary Si
    1. To look over, study, or examine again.
    2. To consider retrospectively; look back on.(^^? lol)
    retĚroĚspecĚtive Pronunciation (rtr-spktv)
    adj.
    1. Looking back on, contemplating, or directed to the past.
    2. Looking or directed backward.
    3. Applying to or influencing the past; retroactive.(okay just had to make sure i got what they ment lol)

link 1 Pronunciation (lngk)
    n.
    1. One of the rings or loops forming a chain.

comĚpare Pronunciation (km-pÔr)
    v. comĚpared, comĚparĚing, comĚpares
    v.tr.
    1. To consider or describe as similar, equal, or analogous; liken.
    2. To examine in order to note the similarities or differences of.(sounds like what i'm doing right now but it's all in the flavor of just trying to understand the overall picture of mbti types; to clarify & analyze big time haha/ to help in my understanding lol)

conĚtrast Pronunciation (kn-trst, kntrst)
    v. conĚtrastĚed, conĚtrastĚing, conĚtrasts
    v.tr.
    To set in opposition in order to show or emphasize differences: an essay that contrasts city and country life; contrasted this computer with inferior models.

"INFJ Tertiary
    Introverted Thinking (Ti)

Clarifying principles
    Categorizing and classifying
    Analyzing
    Checking consistency
    Universal"

"INFP Tertiary
    Introverted Sensing (Si)

Reviewing
    Linking
    Comparing and contrasting
    Noticing match and mismatch
    Past"

I'm going to write out quotes from INTJ forum cause i felt this really cleared stuff up for me.(these are not my words there from people on the intj forum)

Ti:
    figures out the principles on which something works. looks at different sides of an idea to find inconsistencies,
    clarifies definitions for precision( to concisely express ideas. (sounds like me lol)
    uses an internal reasoning process to categorize principles.
    extracts the essence of an idea from external stimuli.

Te:
    organizes for efficiency
    sets boundaries and guidelines
    seeks measurable criteria.
    sees if something is working or not; considers consequences
    tries to establish order in others' thought processes
    notices inconsistencies in written and verbal communication.(more in written communication that i notice grammar mess up or how something just doesn't roll off the tongue right etc)

Fi:
    clarifies values and worth
    personal ideals and feelings about what is right or wrong
    decides if something is worth standing up for.
    acts on "gut feelings"?

Fe:
    thinks about how actions will affect others in the group.
    maintains societal and group values.
    considers if behavior is acceptable or unacceptable
    to others.
    views in terms of what role is defined for people.

Si:
    recognizes "what was" and compares to "what is"
    accumulates and stores facts, figures and memories of situations.
    recognizes the way things have always been.
    draws on past experiences to know what to do.

Se:
    recognizes "what is"
    drawn to act to get immediate results.
    follows physical impulses and instincts
    learns facts about the immediate context.

Ni:
    future oriented; focuses on what will be
    envisions without the need for tangible support.
    driven to see visions manifest.
    constantly shifts perspectives to understand things in different ways.
    finds self expression difficult.

Ne:
    sees potential possibilities and meanings,
    proposes options, brainstorms everything is seen in relationships
    and patterns, nothing stands alone.
    identifies external connections and patterns.
    hops from idea to idea.
    self expression comes easily.

more on Ni i found on intj forum
    Ni is convergent (tending to come together; merging)
    it takes a world of possibilities, finds connections and comes to one
    thing - it is then up to the j function to express it.
    it can be expressed objectively or subjectively, personally or impersonally.

Ne:
    is divergent(tends to come together from different directions).
    it takes an idea and crafts a world of possibilities.
    it is then up to the judging function to discern what from it
    either makes logical or personal sense.

another definition of Ni: none of these are mine)
    Ni is introverted in the sense it takes more than it puts out (several ideas coalesce into one)

Ne: is extroverted in the sense that it puts out more than it takes
    (one idea sets off 5 others)

Ni: another description i found on INTJ forum)
    foreseeing implications, conceptualizing and having images of the future
    or profound meaning.
    involves a sense of what will be.
    using this process, at least a sense of what will happen before we have
    any data. other times operates when we conceptualize and get a sense of a whole plan, pattern, theory, or explanation.
    these are the kind of images that come to us in the shower, in a
    meditative state or in dreams and helps us deeply understand something.(absolutly there has been many times i have been in the shower or just got up or am just detaching from the theory(mbti, enneagram, or concern) and
    all of sudden when i'm not really thinking about it, BOOM there it is i get it something clicks and all of sudden i got the answer or a new found clarity of a piece of theory that i was having trouble grasping a little earlier.

for instance something i just wasn't understand with how the enneagram worked so i just went to bed and the next morning when i woke up the first
    thing that popped in my head was an understanding and clarity of
    that which was confusing me lol. dreams have definitely played apart
    in figuring out problems as well not just in theory but in what to do with relationship problems or a dream sending me a message that everything
    will be fine; you will make it on your own just fine.

I'm highly convinced that i am INFJ who just has really developed her Fi and is currently working on her Ti with more effort.
    i looked at isfj/infp but INFJ seriously fits like a glove cause it just the functions it's a too perfect fit just like me being type 6 to deny it.
    I appreciate anyones input
    What is Feeling?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

here's some results where they look at eight functions i answered them as i'm now.
    Based on your ranked responses to the 120 phrases...

- Ti

- Ni

- Fi

- Te

- Fe

- Si

- Se

- Ne

Your Possible Type Code
    According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:

Possible result: INTJ

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.

Possible result: INTJ

Your Most-Used Processes
    Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

(hmmm interesting been doing ti alot lately lol just from looking at how i have been working with enneagram/mbti)
    Ti : Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.

Ni : Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.

Fi : Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.
    These definitions are the copy protected material of Linda V. Berens and Telos Publications, Huntington Beach, CA and may not be used without the authors express written consent. All other material is the exclusive property of Dario Nardi, 2004 and may not be used without express written consent. Please contact us for permissions.

Your Developmental Report
    Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

Se,Ne
    You are generally not aware of engaing in this process. You find it bothersome and unhelpful from others and question its value. You may mistake its use for something else. You may avoid or try to shut down situations that involve this process.

Si
    You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much. (xDDD my mother lol)

Te,Fi,Fe
    You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you. ( i could see how i had a friend help me develop Fi they really showed me that i deserved to stand up for myself and i have needs etc)

Ni
    You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.

Ti
    You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.

just thought i'd post this incase anyone's interested....tootles.
    What is Feeling?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Just skimming through all of your posts, and seeing how you structure your thoughts and write, I'd say INFP much before INFJ.

I also tend to think it's a lot 'easier' to use mbti before you dig too deeply into it, and before you start analyzing all of the cognitive functions. While cognitive functions are interesting in and of themselves, I still think for the most part you can type pretty accurately just going by each of the four dichotomies. And there are pretty telltale behavioral signs, esp. in terms of how you approach the world in general, that point towards P/J. Just looking at all of my 'P' friends, vs. my 'J' friends -- it doesn't matter what other letters they have, there are marked similarities between all of the P's, and all of the J's. I suppose that's why generalities exist for each of the dichotomies.

Just a simple example on this generality: P's tend to be labeled as more spontaneous, J's as more controlled and as 'planners'. Now, I CAN be extremely spontaneous at times, and I LIKE to think of myself as having the ability to be spontaneous. ;-) Just as the P's are going to plan for things at times, and might make lists or do that sort of thing because they decide they function better that way - or something (just an example). But the distinction is that *compared to my P friends*, I am not spontaneous, and am probably far from it. So I think when it comes to subjectively analyzing our own type, we run into problems, and often lean towards what we'd LIKE to think of ourselves as. As a J, I might think of all of the times I don't plan for anything, and the fact that I never make lists, or whatever - and then I'll start thinking I'm a P. But again, when comparing myself to a true P, there's a huge difference, I think.

Also, a comment - what you bolded under the Ni description a few posts back - i.e. the shower stuff, and waking up the next day with a major insight - is probably one of the shallower descriptions of Ni. Personally I can't stand that more mystical slant to it, as I don't see it as a mystical process. And what you've described re. dreams and waking up with clarity...well...to me that's more of a human trait - just general psychology. All types could have that experience. And that kind of takes away from what Ni really is (there are some really good things written up on it in this forum, from people who actually USE it - not just taken off of a website).

I realize you've already decided you're INFJ so it doesn't really matter what I or anyone else writes - plus, you know yourself better than any of us anyway. And in any event, mbti at its basic is supposed to be about appreciating differences and maybe a bit of self-awareness too...so if you've reached closure about your type, that's great!

Oh, one more comment!! Back when I was really doing what you are doing, and digging into functions and various sites, I became quite confused. There can be a lot of conflicting info out there. Also, that 'INFJ or INFP?' site??? - scrap it, I say!! It'll likely cause much more confusion than help.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Just skimming through all of your posts, and seeing how you structure your thoughts and write, I'd say INFP much before INFJ. (not going to lie i wander if i'm either infp,isfp,isfj and infj, even find myself relating to intj at some points.)

I also tend to think it's a lot 'easier' to use mbti before you dig too deeply into it, and before you start analyzing all of the cognitive functions. While cognitive functions are interesting in and of themselves, I still think for the most part you can type pretty accurately just going by each of the four dichotomies. And there are pretty telltale behavioral signs, esp. in terms of how you approach the world in general, that point towards P/J. Just looking at all of my 'P' friends, vs. my 'J' friends -- it doesn't matter what other letters they have, there are marked similarities between all of the P's, and all of the J's. I suppose that's why generalities exist for each of the dichotomies.

[B](i hear this alot that it's best to test yourself without really knowing anything about it and actually I took a professional mbti test (nicholas lore from pathfinders career book)
    i even really knew what mbti was....and i came out infp I Just don't want to believe anything blindly. I definitely don't want to trick myself into thinking i'm a type either. that's a biggie i want to be real/objective.
    I get so confused on those forums(even hear) where they talk about infp/infj differences cause it's like how do i know? lol. sometimes i just want to say oh screw it lol i know who i am xDDD do i need a type to tell myself who i am haha. felt that way the enneagram too i was serious going to say forget it but then realized reason why i doubted being a type 6 so much was cause of the type 6's doubtful mind xDDDDD plus the seeing themselves in other E types it's maddening being a six i tell ya hahahah.

but i'll keep infp in mind but just like the whole description on Ni where they say several ideas coalesce into one instead of getting one idea and making five more i don't know i remember when i was younger i would be able to brainstorm but i'd prefer others to do it as i just watched them brainstorm ideas....i mean i was good at it when i was younger but i didn't really enjoy or not enjoy it pretty much i just prefer if someone else would do it(could be cause i just really wanted to be in the background especially now lol).

Just a simple example on this generality: P's tend to be labeled as more spontaneous, J's as more controlled and as 'planners'. Now, I CAN be extremely spontaneous at times, and I LIKE to think of myself as having the ability to be spontaneous. ;-) Just as the P's are going to plan for things at times, and might make lists or do that sort of thing because they decide they function better that way - or something (just an example). But the distinction is that *compared to my P friends*, I am not spontaneous, and am probably far from it. So I think when it comes to subjectively analyzing our own type, we run into problems, and often lean towards what we'd LIKE to think of ourselves as. As a J, I might think of all of the times I don't plan for anything, and the fact that I never make lists, or whatever - and then I'll start thinking I'm a P. But again, when comparing myself to a true P, there's a huge difference, I think. ( yeah i find where i plan is for is future goals, and i definitely especially lately if a friend asked me to do something with them
    i want to when,where, and who's going to be there. when i was 10-17 that didn't matter to me so much now it's like can we have alittle structor in our activities of when and where. i even find when my friend got her license i realized how much i didn't like when we would go somewhere and then all of a sudden them say "lets go here" when i thought i'd be going home by that time(probably me being an introvert as well)

maybe i'm developing my j abit or alot xDD?

Also, a comment - what you bolded under the Ni description a few posts back - i.e. the shower stuff, and waking up the next day with a major insight - is probably one of the shallower descriptions of Ni. (stupid shallow descriptions meh lol thanks for clearing this up)

Personally I can't stand that more mystical slant to it, as I don't see it as a mystical process. And what you've described re. dreams and waking up with clarity...well...to me that's more of a human trait - just general psychology. All types could have that experience. And that kind of takes away from what Ni really is (there are some really good things written up on it in this forum, from people who actually USE it - not just taken off of a website).

(i can understand that i don't think so mystical myself i seriously think there is a process it's not just boom there's my answer i would assume it requires a method just like Si where you get info from somewhere.

can you send me some links from topics from people who actually use it,
    maybe i'm missing something that you have a link to that could clear the ice on this issue..thank you so much. i'll do a search to it just seems on some discussions people are too general about it i guess not clear enough for me.)

(yeah that was the intj forum and i tend to do that; human nature
    makes sense.
    thank you for clearing that up cause right now i'm feeling slightly annoyed cause i feel i'm not getting clear answers on some things.

I realize you've already decided you're INFJ so it doesn't really matter what I or anyone else writes - plus, you know yourself better than any of us anyway. And in any event, mbti at its basic is supposed to be about appreciating differences and maybe a bit of self-awareness too...so if you've reached closure about your type, that's great!

( thanks for understanding and respecting that too...i feel some people just assume that they also know me better then myself on surface info i've given here. i feel i have reached a form of closure with infj to be quite honest but like you stated there may be more better info out there. do you have links? that helped you out of the fog cause i feel i'm in a mighty fog xDDD.
    you also seem like your realistic about this and level headed also like you
    really put some thought into understanding mbti....what i'm saying is
    can you my teacher? i'm an eager and open minded pupil if your up for the challenge heh.

Oh, one more comment!! Back when I was really doing what you are doing, and digging into functions and various sites, I became quite confused. There can be a lot of conflicting info out there. Also, that 'INFJ or INFP?' site??? - scrap it, I say!! It'll likely cause much more confusion than help.

( oh yeah ever since i found that site i've had nothing but confusion thanks i was wandering if was just type XXXX lol. i do know it really is confusing trying to break these down would it help if i actually just read stuff
    on infp infj as a whole type instead of seperatly or just sleep on it? lol.
    i value your input it seems to be coming from a mature, well thought out place and that you truly understand mbti and yourself thank you so much.
    (not going to lie i'll keep looking at infp; like i have been but i just need to know if i'm getting the right clear info/ reliable sites.

thank you so much again
    this theory stuff makes me want to :steam: heh then myself lol.
    What is Feeling?

What rules out INTJ?

I couldn't read that many long posts. What are your interests and stuff? What are you good at? Why do you feel you are an INF?
    Freude, sch├Âner G├Âtterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Br├╝der, Wo dein sanfter Fl├╝gel weilt.