User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    Discussing functions and deciding which type you are are two different things

Also yes as you no doubt suspected I disagree with you on the enneagram point you made. The way I see it they are simply preferences, everyone uses all of the letters E I S N but we use certain ones more often

For the record I find you to be INFJ (if that helps) and your desire for finding closure on this somewhat reenforced that...

Anyway good luck working it out
    (ahhh i see what you mean about discussing functions and deciding which type you are and stuff.....i get ya it just helps me understand what it means all together)
    i agree with you there that we use all of them just how, in what order, and absolutly what ones are used more then the other functions which i think also we use just not as much or has less say/or impact in our lives lol.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

Discussing functions and deciding which type you are are two different things
    this should be true in a better world, but it isn't at all, unfortunately - due to how the floating clishees are constantly calibrating each other and the 4 letter dichotomies rely fully on clishees.

statistically its often true in the experience of extroverted people. except, when they are not sure about whether they are really extroverted.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

"this is agree with cause i had to sometimes just say things despite disagreement to stand up for myself at first standing up for myself was hard cause in the heat of the moment i felt i couldn't put my feelings into well thought answers i've been working on that lately to better say my feelings in a quick and to the point of the matter. learning to have a thought to what i'm feeling and being able to actually express it. "

oh yeah i forgot nanook yeah these are my words on how i got to articulate myself when in the fit of emotional displeasure/arguement.
    which you mentioned you go through the same thing pretty much praise whatever i'm not alone on that one.
    where you say " the translation of intuition into language is the hardest thing"
    that's exactly what i have been trying to work on to better state my case instead of babbling not showing my side well enough. i realized recently i had a breakthrough i had an actual arguement that actually where i felt i brought a few points home in a quick to the point manor instead of going on and on and going no where at least to the other person lol. i actually resolved something while keeping emotions but keeping my head on straight. so maybe you can relate then?
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...

MBTI
    ?

[QUOTE=Duchessoftheshadows;571360]"
    " the translation of intuition into language is the hardest thing"
    QUOTE]

Intuition is hard to express in language at times, combined with the introverted factor. I think developing one's auxilary and tertiary can make a lot of difference.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

INFP definitely. INFJ is just not it.

introverted feeling is just as hard to express, though.

but this cited statement of mine was said in a very specific context:
    being in anger= losing contact with the linear parts of the brain, which formulate arguments or are sensitive to arguments that have been brought up in discussion.
    my intuition (my perspective on what is important) remains clear, but the language process gets almost dissociated and produces only partial rubbish. "i can tell what kind of psychopath you are, and how that affects your understanding of the situation at hand, this i call intuition, but i cant explain you what implications this diagnosis is supposed to have for your understanding of the world, you and me, and i know, that you don't even understand what a psychopath is, because you are one and therefore lack the ability to compare your self to what is not a part of you (= a healthy grown up personality), so i will just say: aaaaaaahhh, fuck you, you are stupid, you fucking fuck" ... this will make me look stupid.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    introverted feeling is just as hard to express, though.

but this cited statement of mine was said in a very specific context:
    being in anger= losing contact with the linear parts of the brain, which formulate arguments or are sensitive to arguments that have been brought up in discussion.
    my intuition (my perspective on what is important) remains clear, but the language process gets almost dissociated and produces only partial rubbish. "i can tell what kind of psychopath you are, and how that affects your understanding of the situation at hand, this i call intuition, but i cant explain you what implications this diagnosis is supposed to have for your understanding of the world, you and me, and i know, that you don't even understand what a psychopath is, because you are one and therefore lack the ability to compare your self to what is not a part of you (= a healthy grown up personality), so i will just say: aaaaaaahhh, fuck you, you are stupid, you fucking fuck" ... this will make me look stupid.
    interesting i'm starting to think i was right with the infp with really high Ni
    I Just feel that i have not grasped the functions enough(do i have a real understanding of the functions...i don't want to be biased or ignorant.
    I will get back to this i just want to explore around (p? exploring those options?
    thanks guys for the help.
    I think i'm realizing what it's all down too Fi vs Ni(infj/infp functions too)
    whatever one is left standing is the one on to figuring that out.
    this i feel is going to take a bit of research lol. i just don't know how to go about it sometimes. i'm unsure pretty much.
    What is Feeling?

Fi vs Ni
    i think its much better to compare over cross:
    FivsFe
    and
    NivsNe

as for doing research: if you have some bucks, buying the book from carl jung that started it all, would not hurt. its called "typology" in german publication, and it is thin enough for legasthenics. hum, i did not find it on amazon.com though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

your right that does sound better for research cause i could
    compare fi vs fe with that able to see where Fi is different from Fe
    then Ni with Ne
    i'll get on that
    right now i don't know if i have that luxury maybe i will check some
    mbti books at the library again(did in october/only looked at infp)
    What is Feeling?