User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 62

  1. #21
    a scream in a vortex nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    If your first impulse is getting mad at me for not "helping" you're INFP. Ni from INFJ will be prompted by the question into writing a long response of what it think it means.
    no, i will be mad, for how can someone's world view lack any need for comparison (Fe+Te) and consistency (Ni) :p , so that this person would even ask such a question? its not possible to explain anything to such a person. (NiFe talking, an intp (NiTe) would often be more patient, more importantly he would be less angry)

  2. #22
    :) INFtha14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,894

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Does it matter if you're one type or the other? What does a type label mean anyhow?

    If your first impulse is getting mad at me for not "helping" you're INFP. Ni from INFJ will be prompted by the question into writing a long response of what it think it means.

    wow nightning,
    i have to thank you cause before i even read the white lettering i was thinking automatically of how i could show you why it's important to me at least lol.(i was going to show you why and everything lol then i saw there was white lettering then i think what's this i highlight it and you spooked me xDD like you read my actions over the internet haha.)
    seriously i was going to say it's not really just trying to label yourself it's more trying to understand yourself so you have some growth it feels really relieving when you can finally understand why you do this or that, put a name on it hehe. it really to me is down to always wanting to better yourself but also to understand others most importantly can help you see there side as well great tool hehe.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

  3. #23
    a scream in a vortex nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    you gotta love that [infj = Ti] myth. everyone is clinging on to it.

    the FiNeTiSe Infjs cling on to it, because Ti seems to match their Fi best (and because they do true tertiary FI), and the NiFeSiTe Infjs cling on to it, cause it resembles the union of [NiTe]

    that tertiary function myth is what holds the believe into mbti together, for introverted people.

    Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    do yourself a favor, and focus only on functions and only on the first two functions. understanding Fi and Fe is the most important (reliable) keyfactor. (once INFx is sure) and for heavens sake forget about the J/P dichotomy.

  4. #24
    :) INFtha14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
    I have to say those were some amazing posts...

    "he must dare conscious descending first. then he may find healthy communion, then he may find healthy agency, then he may find healthy ascending. conscious descending may be interpreted in a one going to seven (introverted style), an eight going to two (serving), or an two going to four."

    How does one consciously descend? Hmm that sounds interesting.

    Also I think you have a good grasp of both intuitive and feeling functions and thus, is a good reason for it being blurred, emotion hues and intuitive are difficult to categorise, by their nature and Nanook it seems that whichever function DuchessoftheShadows, she values, having the other function, which will the make distinction difficult between INFP and INFJ. I feel you are an INFJ from reading from this, due to the categorising, systemising nature of INFJ's due to their tertiary Ti, which runs as an undercurrent in their evaluation of human orientated systems, I see this in your posts here, INFPs do too aswell, in a different manner, they compare, contrast, evaluate too, so you could be using Si either, as well hmm, its hard to say.

    "INFJ Tertiary
    Introverted Thinking (Ti)

    Clarifying principles
    Categorizing and classifying
    Analyzing
    Checking consistency
    Universal"

    "INFP Tertiary
    Introverted Sensing (Si)

    Reviewing
    Linking
    Comparing and contrasting
    Noticing match and mismatch
    Past"
    it's very hard to say hmmm....going to look these over and try to see how i feel about it i'll get back to ya ^^D.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

  5. #25
    :) INFtha14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    you gotta love that [infj = Ti] myth. everyone is clinging on to it.

    the FiNeTiSe Infjs cling on to it, because Ti seems to match their Fi best (and because they do true tertiary FI), and the NiFeSiTe Infjs cling on to it, cause it resembles the union of [NiTe]

    that tertiary function myth is what holds the believe into mbti together, for introverted people.
    what about this NiFeSiTe INFJ? i'm lost heh.
    well Ti in the tertiary function it's where they go for relief from there dominant and auxilary functions of course i would assume you would have to develop it first to refine it.
    I would recommend to check out this site too.
    "http://forum.infjs.com/
    especially this discussion i have a feeling i'm going to take a long gander at this topic here Distinguishing INFJs from INFPs - Infjs Forums
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    You've got to be kidding me...

    This is personality types, not rocket science. Go back to the basics of J and P decide what your preferences are most of the time and thats it.

    Stop treating MBTI like its ground breaking or earth shatteringly deep

    It's not nearly as deep as a lot of people on these forums make out

  7. #27
    a scream in a vortex nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows
    what about this NiFeSiTe INFJ? i'm lost heh.
    this is too complicated for a beginner. it took me about four years to sort it out, to the degree if have sorted it out. its related to two or three theories that contradict each other in many horrible ways (mbti functions / mbti 4 letters dichotomies / socionics). if you don't want to risk to be fooled by the contradictions, you stay with the common factors of both systems. so take my advice and focus on the first two functions only (these are the common factors). this way, everything you learn should be valuable, no matter which of the systems you will find to be more accurate in the future.

    and never listen to estp :p

  8. #28
    :) INFtha14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    You've got to be kidding me...

    This is personality types, not rocket science. Go back to the basics of J and P decide what your preferences are most of the time and thats it.

    Stop treating MBTI like its ground breaking or earth shatteringly deep

    It's not nearly as deep as a lot of people on these forums make out

    me personally i think it takes alot to under stand how you employ the eight functions and on top of that in what order it's not just "oh i'm these traits that's me though i've been tempted to just do that my brain hurts but it won't let me go (thinks of neil diamonds song i am i said "but it wooont let me gooo" seriously it won't no lie xDD)
    I don't think it's as unconscious possibly as the enneagram is(?) but it does involve some kinda of looking at your self and seeing how you use them not just that you use them.(maybe i'm wrong correct me if so)
    peace ^^D.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

  9. #29
    :) INFtha14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    this is to complicated for a beginner. it took me about four years to sort it out, to the degree if have sorted it out. its related to two or three theories that contradict each other in many horrible ways (mbti functions / mbti 4 letters dichotomies / socionics). if you don't want to risk to be fooled by the contradictions, you stay with the common factors of both systems. so take my advice and focus on the first two functions only (these are the common factors). this way, everything you learn should be valuable, no matter which of the systems you will find to be more accurate in the future.

    and never listen to estp :p
    okay but i'm clinging onto infj till i change my mind or come across something
    don't worry i'm looking at other things too infp the function of it but i have a really hard time learning something in pieces i like to swallow it whole if you will. so i think that's what's going to work best coupled with your suggestion to learn wholly but keep in mind what they individually mean.
    thank you this is really clarifying at least i'm heading somewhere with this hehe at least i feel i'm getting somewhere.

    i don't understand socionics i mean granted i have not looked at as extensively as i have the enneagram and mbti but i did try to under the basics and it confused me and i thought i'll stick with the mbti/enneagram
    my brain doesn't need to be anymore punished lol(muahaha/jkjk)

    " its related to two or three theories that contradict each other in many horrible ways (mbti functions / mbti 4 letters dichotomies / socionics). "

    i'm just going to focus on trying to understand the enneagram
    and mbti personality theories lol. that would throw me for a ride of total confusion.
    Last edited by INFtha14; 03-10-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelled personality persinity or something xD
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    me personally i think it takes alot to under stand how you employ the eight functions and on top of that in what order it's not just "oh i'm these traits that's me though i've been tempted to just do that my brain hurts but it won't let me go (thinks of neil diamonds song i am i said "but it wooont let me gooo" seriously it won't no lie xDD)
    I don't think it's as unconscious possibly as the enneagram is(?) but it does involve some kinda of looking at your self and seeing how you use them not just that you use them.(maybe i'm wrong correct me if so)
    peace ^^D.
    Discussing functions and deciding which type you are are two different things

    Also yes as you no doubt suspected I disagree with you on the enneagram point you made. The way I see it they are simply preferences, everyone uses all of the letters E I S N but we use certain ones more often

    For the record I find you to be INFJ (if that helps) and your desire for finding closure on this somewhat reenforced that...

    Anyway good luck working it out

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] INFJ or INFP or another Type?
    By zarc in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 07-11-2016, 09:57 AM
  2. [NF] am i infj or infp?i'm open minded to any suggestions outside of this too thanks
    By INFtha14 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 07:24 PM
  3. New to Forums: INFJ or INFP?
    By INF?2121 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 08:39 PM
  4. My Twin Sister's Type: INFJ or INFP?
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 02:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO