• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

am i infj or infp?i'm open minded to any suggestions outside of this too thanks

nanook

a scream in a vortex
If your first impulse is getting mad at me for not "helping" you're INFP. Ni from INFJ will be prompted by the question into writing a long response of what it think it means.

no, i will be mad, for how can someone's world view lack any need for comparison (Fe+Te) and consistency (Ni) :p , so that this person would even ask such a question? its not possible to explain anything to such a person. (NiFe talking, an intp (NiTe) would often be more patient, more importantly he would be less angry)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does it matter if you're one type or the other? What does a type label mean anyhow?

If your first impulse is getting mad at me for not "helping" you're INFP. Ni from INFJ will be prompted by the question into writing a long response of what it think it means.

wow nightning,
i have to thank you cause before i even read the white lettering i was thinking automatically of how i could show you why it's important to me at least lol.(i was going to show you why and everything lol then i saw there was white lettering then i think what's this i highlight it and you spooked me xDD like you read my actions over the internet haha.)
seriously i was going to say it's not really just trying to label yourself it's more trying to understand yourself so you have some growth it feels really relieving when you can finally understand why you do this or that, put a name on it hehe. it really to me is down to always wanting to better yourself but also to understand others most importantly can help you see there side as well great tool hehe.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
you gotta love that [infj = Ti] myth. everyone is clinging on to it.

the FiNeTiSe Infjs cling on to it, because Ti seems to match their Fi best (and because they do true tertiary FI), and the NiFeSiTe Infjs cling on to it, cause it resembles the union of [NiTe]

that tertiary function myth is what holds the believe into mbti together, for introverted people.

do yourself a favor, and focus only on functions and only on the first two functions. understanding Fi and Fe is the most important (reliable) keyfactor. (once INFx is sure) and for heavens sake forget about the J/P dichotomy.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to say those were some amazing posts...

"he must dare conscious descending first. then he may find healthy communion, then he may find healthy agency, then he may find healthy ascending. conscious descending may be interpreted in a one going to seven (introverted style), an eight going to two (serving), or an two going to four."

How does one consciously descend? Hmm that sounds interesting.

Also I think you have a good grasp of both intuitive and feeling functions and thus, is a good reason for it being blurred, emotion hues and intuitive are difficult to categorise, by their nature and Nanook it seems that whichever function DuchessoftheShadows, she values, having the other function, which will the make distinction difficult between INFP and INFJ. I feel you are an INFJ from reading from this, due to the categorising, systemising nature of INFJ's due to their tertiary Ti, which runs as an undercurrent in their evaluation of human orientated systems, I see this in your posts here, INFPs do too aswell, in a different manner, they compare, contrast, evaluate too, so you could be using Si either, as well hmm, its hard to say.

"INFJ Tertiary
Introverted Thinking (Ti)

Clarifying principles
Categorizing and classifying
Analyzing
Checking consistency
Universal"

"INFP Tertiary
Introverted Sensing (Si)

Reviewing
Linking
Comparing and contrasting
Noticing match and mismatch
Past"

it's very hard to say hmmm....going to look these over and try to see how i feel about it i'll get back to ya ^^D.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you gotta love that [infj = Ti] myth. everyone is clinging on to it.

the FiNeTiSe Infjs cling on to it, because Ti seems to match their Fi best (and because they do true tertiary FI), and the NiFeSiTe Infjs cling on to it, cause it resembles the union of [NiTe]

that tertiary function myth is what holds the believe into mbti together, for introverted people.

what about this NiFeSiTe INFJ? i'm lost heh.
well Ti in the tertiary function it's where they go for relief from there dominant and auxilary functions of course i would assume you would have to develop it first to refine it.
I would recommend to check out this site too.
"http://forum.infjs.com/
especially this discussion i have a feeling i'm going to take a long gander at this topic here Distinguishing INFJs from INFPs - Infjs Forums

Unique

You've got to be kidding me...

This is personality types, not rocket science. Go back to the basics of J and P decide what your preferences are most of the time and thats it.

Stop treating MBTI like its ground breaking or earth shatteringly deep

It's not nearly as deep as a lot of people on these forums make out

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Duchessoftheshadows said:
what about this NiFeSiTe INFJ? i'm lost heh.
this is too complicated for a beginner. it took me about four years to sort it out, to the degree if have sorted it out. its related to two or three theories that contradict each other in many horrible ways (mbti functions / mbti 4 letters dichotomies / socionics). if you don't want to risk to be fooled by the contradictions, you stay with the common factors of both systems. so take my advice and focus on the first two functions only (these are the common factors). this way, everything you learn should be valuable, no matter which of the systems you will find to be more accurate in the future.

and never listen to estp :p

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You've got to be kidding me...

This is personality types, not rocket science. Go back to the basics of J and P decide what your preferences are most of the time and thats it.

Stop treating MBTI like its ground breaking or earth shatteringly deep

It's not nearly as deep as a lot of people on these forums make out

me personally i think it takes alot to under stand how you employ the eight functions and on top of that in what order it's not just "oh i'm these traits that's me though i've been tempted to just do that my brain hurts but it won't let me go (thinks of neil diamonds song i am i said "but it wooont let me gooo" seriously it won't no lie xDD)
I don't think it's as unconscious possibly as the enneagram is(?) but it does involve some kinda of looking at your self and seeing how you use them not just that you use them.(maybe i'm wrong correct me if so)
peace ^^D.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this is to complicated for a beginner. it took me about four years to sort it out, to the degree if have sorted it out. its related to two or three theories that contradict each other in many horrible ways (mbti functions / mbti 4 letters dichotomies / socionics). if you don't want to risk to be fooled by the contradictions, you stay with the common factors of both systems. so take my advice and focus on the first two functions only (these are the common factors). this way, everything you learn should be valuable, no matter which of the systems you will find to be more accurate in the future.

and never listen to estp :p

okay but i'm clinging onto infj till i change my mind or come across something
don't worry i'm looking at other things too infp the function of it but i have a really hard time learning something in pieces i like to swallow it whole if you will. so i think that's what's going to work best coupled with your suggestion to learn wholly but keep in mind what they individually mean.
thank you this is really clarifying at least i'm heading somewhere with this hehe at least i feel i'm getting somewhere.

i don't understand socionics i mean granted i have not looked at as extensively as i have the enneagram and mbti but i did try to under the basics and it confused me and i thought i'll stick with the mbti/enneagram
my brain doesn't need to be anymore punished lol(muahaha/jkjk)

" its related to two or three theories that contradict each other in many horrible ways (mbti functions / mbti 4 letters dichotomies / socionics). "

i'm just going to focus on trying to understand the enneagram
and mbti personality theories lol. that would throw me for a ride of total confusion.

Last edited:

Unique

me personally i think it takes alot to under stand how you employ the eight functions and on top of that in what order it's not just "oh i'm these traits that's me though i've been tempted to just do that my brain hurts but it won't let me go (thinks of neil diamonds song i am i said "but it wooont let me gooo" seriously it won't no lie xDD)
I don't think it's as unconscious possibly as the enneagram is(?) but it does involve some kinda of looking at your self and seeing how you use them not just that you use them.(maybe i'm wrong correct me if so)
peace ^^D.

Discussing functions and deciding which type you are are two different things ;)

Also yes as you no doubt suspected I disagree with you on the enneagram point you made. The way I see it they are simply preferences, everyone uses all of the letters E I S N but we use certain ones more often

For the record I find you to be INFJ (if that helps) and your desire for finding closure on this somewhat reenforced that...

Anyway good luck working it out

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Discussing functions and deciding which type you are are two different things ;)

Also yes as you no doubt suspected I disagree with you on the enneagram point you made. The way I see it they are simply preferences, everyone uses all of the letters E I S N but we use certain ones more often

For the record I find you to be INFJ (if that helps) and your desire for finding closure on this somewhat reenforced that...

Anyway good luck working it out
(ahhh i see what you mean about discussing functions and deciding which type you are and stuff.....i get ya it just helps me understand what it means all together)
i agree with you there that we use all of them just how, in what order, and absolutly what ones are used more then the other functions which i think also we use just not as much or has less say/or impact in our lives lol.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Discussing functions and deciding which type you are are two different things

this should be true in a better world, but it isn't at all, unfortunately - due to how the floating clishees are constantly calibrating each other and the 4 letter dichotomies rely fully on clishees.

statistically its often true in the experience of extroverted people. except, when they are not sure about whether they are really extroverted.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"this is agree with cause i had to sometimes just say things despite disagreement to stand up for myself at first standing up for myself was hard cause in the heat of the moment i felt i couldn't put my feelings into well thought answers i've been working on that lately to better say my feelings in a quick and to the point of the matter. learning to have a thought to what i'm feeling and being able to actually express it. "

oh yeah i forgot nanook yeah these are my words on how i got to articulate myself when in the fit of emotional displeasure/arguement.
which you mentioned you go through the same thing pretty much praise whatever i'm not alone on that one.
where you say " the translation of intuition into language is the hardest thing"
that's exactly what i have been trying to work on to better state my case instead of babbling not showing my side well enough. i realized recently i had a breakthrough i had an actual arguement that actually where i felt i brought a few points home in a quick to the point manor instead of going on and on and going no where at least to the other person lol. i actually resolved something while keeping emotions but keeping my head on straight. so maybe you can relate then?

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
"
" the translation of intuition into language is the hardest thing"
QUOTE]

Intuition is hard to express in language at times, combined with the introverted factor. I think developing one's auxilary and tertiary can make a lot of difference.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP definitely. INFJ is just not it.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
introverted feeling is just as hard to express, though.

but this cited statement of mine was said in a very specific context:
being in anger= losing contact with the linear parts of the brain, which formulate arguments or are sensitive to arguments that have been brought up in discussion.
my intuition (my perspective on what is important) remains clear, but the language process gets almost dissociated and produces only partial rubbish. "i can tell what kind of psychopath you are, and how that affects your understanding of the situation at hand, this i call intuition, but i cant explain you what implications this diagnosis is supposed to have for your understanding of the world, you and me, and i know, that you don't even understand what a psychopath is, because you are one and therefore lack the ability to compare your self to what is not a part of you (= a healthy grown up personality), so i will just say: aaaaaaahhh, fuck you, you are stupid, you fucking fuck" ... this will make me look stupid.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
introverted feeling is just as hard to express, though.

but this cited statement of mine was said in a very specific context:
being in anger= losing contact with the linear parts of the brain, which formulate arguments or are sensitive to arguments that have been brought up in discussion.
my intuition (my perspective on what is important) remains clear, but the language process gets almost dissociated and produces only partial rubbish. "i can tell what kind of psychopath you are, and how that affects your understanding of the situation at hand, this i call intuition, but i cant explain you what implications this diagnosis is supposed to have for your understanding of the world, you and me, and i know, that you don't even understand what a psychopath is, because you are one and therefore lack the ability to compare your self to what is not a part of you (= a healthy grown up personality), so i will just say: aaaaaaahhh, fuck you, you are stupid, you fucking fuck" ... this will make me look stupid.

interesting i'm starting to think i was right with the infp with really high Ni
I Just feel that i have not grasped the functions enough(do i have a real understanding of the functions...i don't want to be biased or ignorant.
I will get back to this i just want to explore around (p?;) exploring those options?
thanks guys for the help.
I think i'm realizing what it's all down too Fi vs Ni(infj/infp functions too)
whatever one is left standing is the one on to figuring that out.
this i feel is going to take a bit of research lol. i just don't know how to go about it sometimes. i'm unsure pretty much. :cry: :doh: :newwink:

nanook

a scream in a vortex
as for doing research: if you have some bucks, buying the book from carl jung that started it all, would not hurt. its called "typology" in german publication, and it is thin enough for legasthenics. hum, i did not find it on amazon.com though.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
your right that does sound better for research cause i could
compare fi vs fe with that able to see where Fi is different from Fe
then Ni with Ne
i'll get on that
right now i don't know if i have that luxury maybe i will check some
mbti books at the library again(did in october/only looked at infp)