User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is my enneagram?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Type 1

1 14.29%
  • Type 2

0 0%
  • Type 3

1 14.29%
  • Type 4

1 14.29%
  • Type 5

0 0%
  • Type 6

1 14.29%
  • Type 7

3 42.86%
  • Type 8

0 0%
  • Type 9

0 0%
123 Last

Thread: Am I a type 4?

Default Am I a type 4?

There seems to be a lot of stuff that other type fours do that I don't. Is it just the ENFP psychologist factor processing the depressive parts better, or did I get my enneagram wrong? I wander through the dark thoughts and fear nothing personal, but my reaction to it doesn't manifest in the same way as with many others on here. I'm rarely moody, or emotional, and never have been. Could some of it be an age thing? I went through a really deep searching patch in late teens-early 20s.

I'll put a poll so people can guess other enneagram types too.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

I just did the test again and it came up like this. Type 7 is common for ENFPs but I'm not sure I am one. I get a different result every time anyway. Maybe 5w4 is a possibility rather than 4w5.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    1 5 4 4 6 2 8 1 5
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay...i'm not sure what those results say.

can you expand on this?
    I wander through the dark thoughts and fear nothing personal, but my reaction to it doesn't manifest in the same way as with many others on here. I'm rarely moody, or emotional, and never have been.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Well I'm basically level emotionally. Not meaning I'm unemotional, just no one who knows me would call me moody or anything. I get told I smile too much and should be unhappy more .

On the dark thoughts thing, I always want to understand the answer. If I am having problems in any way, I will do whatever it takes to get to an answer, and nothing comes higher than that satisfaction of understanding. Like I'm not satisfied to dismiss it, the only way through is completely confronting it. And I'm happy to dig to any level to get to this, even if it rocks the foundations of my existence. I also find stuff that many would find emo completely unconfronting, and it tends to leave me more interested in what is behind it, than scared. A lot of the time I'd be happy if people released their deepest darkest thoughts, though that might just be ENFP.

MBTI
    I

What MBTI type are you? ZNFZ is not a type.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

maybe it is...i'm a 7 and i'm not sure how it effects that actually but i'm extremely level emotionally. i usually feel pretty content and peaceful. if something comes up that makes me sad or angers me...i analyze it...go through it to find the meaning, how i feel about it, why it's significant, make peace with it and then revert to my contented state of mind.

i'm not afraid a bit to go through and explore others emotions either...i tend to do the same thing with theirs that i do my own...in almost a detached way...just looking at it from the outside without being too overtaken by emotion to see it clearly.

people comment that i always look happy and serene. i'm pretty calm and people very rarely see me become over emotional because i tend to withdraw to sort it out.

is that similar to what you're saying?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    What MBTI type are you? ZNFZ is not a type.
    I'm a double possessed ENFP.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    maybe it is...i'm a 7 and i'm not sure how it effects that actually but i'm extremely level emotionally. i usually feel pretty content and peaceful. if something comes up that makes sad or angers me...i analyze it...go through it to find the meaning, how i feel about it, why it's significant, make peace with it and then revert to my contented state of mind.

i'm not afraid a bit to go through and explore others emotions either...i tend to do the same thing with theirs that i do my own...in almost a detached way...just looking at it from the outside without being too overtaken by emotion to see it clearly.

people comment that i always look happy and serene. i'm pretty calm and people very rarely see me become over emotional because i tend to withdraw to sort it out.

is that similar to what you're saying?
    Pretty much identical. I detach to analyse too. And revert to serene quickly.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Well I'm basically level emotionally. Not meaning I'm unemotional, just no one who knows me would call me moody or anything. I get told I smile too much and should be unhappy more .

On the dark thoughts thing, I always want to understand the answer. If I am having problems in any way, I will do whatever it takes to get to an answer, and nothing comes higher than that satisfaction of understanding. Like I'm not satisfied to dismiss it, the only way through is completely confronting it. And I'm happy to dig to any level to get to this, even if it rocks the foundations of my existence.
    I can relate to not being called moody by others. In fact in public and w/ friends/acquaintances I think I come across as pretty even-keeled and keep emotions pretty much under wraps. Of course with those I'm closer to I will be more expressive, but I often think I must come across as a bizarre NF/NT combo - when it comes to emotional presentation.

Inside I think I have a lot of emotions (although it's only something I've become fully aware of within the past 5 yrs -- like you, I went through a mid-20's exploratory phase), and they can run deep. But yeah...'dramatic' is one of the last descriptive words that would be assigned to me by others. [oh, and I don't mean to imply by any of this that that's what 4's ARE known for, either - I'm just commenting on myself!]

I too want to get at the root of things, and if I'm in a 'funk', I don't want to cover it up with anything - I want to figure out WHY I'm in that funk, etc. I can't say the exploratory phase is pleasant by any means, but I'm a fan of confronting it.

I don't know about your ennegram...actually I have decided I suck at typing others (combined with no longer really caring ;-), and would rather just leave it to them.

I decided several months ago though that I was a type 1 rather than the type 4 I would test as. I'd always be pretty close between 1 and 4, but I had a tendency to take the tests when I was really withdrawn and more 'unhealthy' in the first place. In addition to this, I realized that one of the prime motivators for 4 - being more of an individual, and striving to be unique, etc - isn't exactly my prime motivator. I'm not so much concerned about being an individual, as such...because regardless, I WILL be an individual. I'm much more concerned with balance and I think that perfectionistic streak has a much stronger grasp on my underlying motivations than the 4's drive does.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Type 1 Type 2 Type 3 Type 4 Type 5 Type 6 Type 7 Type 8 Type 9
    -4 6 -9 6 -5 -2 11 -9 6

Can't be bothered formatting. I think I am a type seven. Also strong on 2, 4, and 9.