• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what's my type? beware, long description...:)

b4b

MBTI Type
xSFP
hi everyone
I have a problem typing myself...every time I do the test (i did the first one about 2 years ago) I come up with a different results:
I'm confused, I have a hard time answering the question the same way every time I take the test.
anyway, could anyone help me to figure out my type? I would really appreciate it...
here is a list of things I'm into/what I'm like:

- 30y old female

- small business owner: retail/service (it's been 8-9 years now) who is happy with the profits and don't want to expand. I also day trade futures and stocks on the side (5 years total now)...love the adrenaline rush.

- college dropout (first art, then economy/business, I dropped out in the last year!!!!<---trouble at home)

- most of the time I mix work and play...like now, I should be working, but I surf the msg boards....but I do have periods of working long hours that can go for days/weeks.

- I love freedom, financial freedom, independence.

- I can paint realistic portraits but don't consider myself an artist, I won some awards many years ago, but now I'm too lazy to paint....people tell me I'm wasting my talents.

- I'm shy at first and very talkative once you get to know me. I hate talking on the phone...to the point that I rather take the time to meet somebody than ask for something over the phone (or I email/text them)...the only people I can talk to are my close friends and family.

- I'm very talkative and confident when doing business, but not so privately...it takes a while before I open up...but I never really do 100%

- I believe in God, and always did, since I was little. I go to church regularly and obey the rules...but I look nothing like a "church going person".

- I love nature, animals, beautiful things....love taking pictures of nice surroundings, anything. cat lover.

- I've been told that I'm funny.

- I've been told that I can get very cold and uncaring while in trouble, people are surprised that I can handle stress so easy...but this is not true, I do suffer, but won't show it.

- I've been told that I could make a good con man (I try hard not to use this ability, I believe manipulation is wrong, but it does feel natural for me...and if it wasn't for my Christian beliefs and some common sense, I would be doing it often)

- I care about the way I look....always make up on, nice clothes, nice car, going to the gym, healthy food, wants to stay young and good looking forever...

- I hope I don't sound too narcissistic...I try to fight this as much as I can :(

- My Mom says I was always introverted...but I do like people, and like to have fun with them....hanging out energizes me....but I also like to be alone.

- I don't have any enemies that I know of...also my Mom says I can get along with anybody, any age and personality...I can read them very well and adjust. when I talk about others, I sound very tolerant and accepting (but not necessarily think so)
Also I like to watch and guess other people's personality but can't figure out my own.

- I don't like making plans, follow rules (unless they make sense to me)

- I don't know what to say when a good girlfriend of mine says "she misses me" or even "loves me"....I withdraw and think "OMG is she insane?"

- I lived in 5 different countries, speak 4 languages, no kids. I've always been in a relationship, never had a problem finding one...usually jumped from one to another. I have a hard time leaving a bad relationship (I've been abused, cheated on in some, but also had to play the boss in other relationships, depends on the person) I won't leave until I'm pushed too far or until I "fall in love" with somebody else...I only do that when the relationship is already bad. Most of the time I'm the bread winner.

- I like to compete (sports, work, looks, knowledge, anything) if I know that I have the chance to win...otherwise I don't bother.

- I don't like to stand out, it's too much responsibility, but I like to be unique in some ways.

- I'm late when I know I can be....but I'm never late to catch a plane for example...I know it's selfish :(

- I get paranoid when I don't hear from people for a long time, and try to socialize then asap but I don't need to keep in touch with them all the time, I just want to know they are there for me.

- I'm depressed sometimes, but usually get over it quickly.

- I will do anything for my loved ones and friends when they are in trouble...I like when they come to me asking for help, I get very energized by problems and solving them!! it's a challenge for me...and challenge is good! :)

- I don't like to be too open with other people, but I also want to appear real, without any masks on etc. I care what other people think of me, and I want to make sure they think that I'm a good person...however, most people think I'm all about having fun...I know many people and many people know me...but hey...mom says I'm the ultimate introvert, and she knows me well...so how does the 2 go together???? am I E or I????

ok, this was loooooong....thanks for reading...maybe you can help me out? :)

please ask if you have any questions....

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
hi everyone
I have a problem typing myself...every time I do the test (i did the first one about 2 years ago) I come up with a different results:
I'm confused, I have a hard time answering the question the same way every time I take the test.
anyway, could anyone help me to figure out my type? I would really appreciate it...
here is a list of things I'm into/what I'm like:

- 30y old female

- small business owner: retail/service (it's been 8-9 years now) who is happy with the profits and don't want to expand. I also day trade futures and stocks on the side (5 years total now)...love the adrenaline rush.

- college dropout (first art, then economy/business, I dropped out in the last year!!!!<---trouble at home)

- most of the time I mix work and play...like now, I should be working, but I surf the msg boards....but I do have periods of working long hours that can go for days/weeks.

- I love freedom, financial freedom, independence.

- I can paint realistic portraits but don't consider myself an artist, I won some awards many years ago, but now I'm too lazy to paint....people tell me I'm wasting my talents.

- I'm shy at first and very talkative once you get to know me. I hate talking on the phone...to the point that I rather take the time to meet somebody than ask for something over the phone (or I email/text them)...the only people I can talk to are my close friends and family.

- I'm very talkative and confident when doing business, but not so privately...it takes a while before I open up...but I never really do 100%

- I believe in God, and always did, since I was little. I go to church regularly and obey the rules...but I look nothing like a "church going person".

- I love nature, animals, beautiful things....love taking pictures of nice surroundings, anything. cat lover.

- I've been told that I'm funny.

- I've been told that I can get very cold and uncaring while in trouble, people are surprised that I can handle stress so easy...but this is not true, I do suffer, but won't show it.

- I've been told that I could make a good con man (I try hard not to use this ability, I believe manipulation is wrong, but it does feel natural for me...and if it wasn't for my Christian beliefs and some common sense, I would be doing it often)

- I care about the way I look....always make up on, nice clothes, nice car, going to the gym, healthy food, wants to stay young and good looking forever...

- I hope I don't sound too narcissistic...I try to fight this as much as I can :(

- My Mom says I was always introverted...but I do like people, and like to have fun with them....hanging out energizes me....but I also like to be alone.

- I don't have any enemies that I know of...also my Mom says I can get along with anybody, any age and personality...I can read them very well and adjust. when I talk about others, I sound very tolerant and accepting (but not necessarily think so)
Also I like to watch and guess other people's personality but can't figure out my own.

- I don't like making plans, follow rules (unless they make sense to me)

- I don't know what to say when a good girlfriend of mine says "she misses me" or even "loves me"....I withdraw and think "OMG is she insane?"

- I lived in 5 different countries, speak 4 languages, no kids. I've always been in a relationship, never had a problem finding one...usually jumped from one to another. I have a hard time leaving a bad relationship (I've been abused, cheated on in some, but also had to play the boss in other relationships, depends on the person) I won't leave until I'm pushed too far or until I "fall in love" with somebody else...I only do that when the relationship is already bad. Most of the time I'm the bread winner.

- I like to compete (sports, work, looks, knowledge, anything) if I know that I have the chance to win...otherwise I don't bother.

- I don't like to stand out, it's too much responsibility, but I like to be unique in some ways.

- I'm late when I know I can be....but I'm never late to catch a plane for example...I know it's selfish :(

- I get paranoid when I don't hear from people for a long time, and try to socialize then asap but I don't need to keep in touch with them all the time, I just want to know they are there for me.

- I'm depressed sometimes, but usually get over it quickly.

- I will do anything for my loved ones and friends when they are in trouble...I like when they come to me asking for help, I get very energized by problems and solving them!! it's a challenge for me...and challenge is good! :)

- I don't like to be too open with other people, but I also want to appear real, without any masks on etc. I care what other people think of me, and I want to make sure they think that I'm a good person...however, most people think I'm all about having fun...I know many people and many people know me...but hey...mom says I'm the ultimate introvert, and she knows me well...so how does the 2 go together???? am I E or I????

ok, this was loooooong....thanks for reading...maybe you can help me out? :)

please ask if you have any questions....

Reads like a internet dating personal ad.

b4b

MBTI Type
xSFP
damn...i should have been looking at others descriptions....

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I think that you're an ISTP or an ISTJ. You might want to read the descriptions of these two types and see which describes you better. I would very much doubt that you are an E, since you need to recharge by yourself. No doubt someone will come along who is better with figuring out the J/P preference.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You may want to take time to think about what you were like as a kid. We adjust to life to lessen our weaknesses and take advantage of our strengths. That really helped me.

Also introverted doesn't mean shy. Don't feel tied into introvert because of what mom said.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quite a lot of what you said sounds very familiar (either for me or my isfp bf, actually) - so for that I say ISXP. Leaning ISFP.

Of course, that's just a quick reaction. Have you tried reading descriptions? I find the murray state ones accurate for me (and the people I know).

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds ISFP to me as well. And in the five temperament system, a Supine/Sanguine. I bring that up, because socially, she's (you're) classic Supine. (which falls in ISF) Express to others as an introvert, but want/respond to interaction like an extrovert.
And also having an extroverted streak in the area of leadership and responsibilities (e.g. becoming more confident in business). Sounds a lot like me, except that you're more physically oriented, and thus Sanguine or SP in that area. Also the loving of freedom is very SP.

b4b

MBTI Type
xSFP
thank you for the responses, and Randomnity for the link...I read the ISFP description, many things fit very well...but ISFP looks like such a GOOD person...I don't think I'm bad, but I definitely could be less selfish. Also what about the competitiveness, and the fact that I like the stock market? (most people doing it are NT's) I thought I was more a T than F? I thought being an F means to be open about feelings, clingy and very emotional...am I wrong?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
thank you for the responses, and Randomnity for the link...I read the ISFP description, many things fit very well...but ISFP looks like such a GOOD person...I don't think I'm bad, but I definitely could be less selfish. Also what about the competitiveness, and the fact that I like the stock market? (most people doing it are NT's) I thought I was more a T than F? I thought being an F means to be open about feelings, clingy and very emotional...am I wrong?

Yes, your wrong. Do you make decisions based on personal values and emotions, or do you make decisions based on objective truths and logic?

b4b

MBTI Type
xSFP
this is a difficult question for me...I think combination of both...how can I tell how I make decisions? is there any example I can use?
also, I always hope I won't have to make ANY decision...rather take care of the outcome

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
this is a difficult question for me...I think combination of both...how can I tell how I make decisions? is there any example I can use?

Example... hmm... idk? Just start listing important decisions in your life and your thought process in making them I guess.

also, I always hope I won't have to make ANY decision...rather take care of the outcome

Sounds very P.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My friend is an ISFP and your description yourself and your life is almost exactly the same.

maliafee

SP. At first I thought ISFP, too -- the problem with ISFP lies with thinking "OMG are you insane?" when a good friend says she misses/loves you. While I admit that this can make me uncomfortable, too, I react inside more along the lines of thinking that that person is very bold to say something like that. This makes me think you are a T. But you are not an ISTP. My brother is an ESTP and one of my best friends growing up -- you sound like them. My mom also thinks my brother is an introvert, but he is ESTP...

My final vote is ESTP, though I admit you sure sound like me (ISFP) in most of how you described yourself.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw Fi and Si in the post - ENFP

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You sound a lot like an ISFP. INFPs are supposed to be GOOD people too, but I get competitive and selfish too, I go against a lot of what the INFP descriptions says about me. Unlike the description I am usually blunt and assertive. Take it with a grain of salt. You might want to read into the functions too, that was the defining factor for me.

ISFP (in order from most used to least): Fi Se Ni Te

Here is a VERY VERY brief description of the functions. Definition of cognitive functions | Spreading Applicable Ideas I would suggest looking into them more, but this is so you don't have to read too much and you still get a general idea.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I read the ISFP description, many things fit very well...but ISFP looks like such a GOOD person...I don't think I'm bad, but I definitely could be less selfish. Also what about the competitiveness, and the fact that I like the stock market?

Uhhhhhh..heheh..yeah...all us ISFPs are GOOD people, we're never ever selfish.

Ever.

:blush:

I'm plenty competitive, not about the stock market, but plenty of other things. I'm a compulsive gambler, but the good thing is I tend to make very small bets. ;)