User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 56

  1. #31
    Member b4b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    xSFP
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    please don't ever say something remote to that again.
    read up on the functions and get a better understanding, for the letters are the manifestations of them......anything else is cheating yourself.

    sorry, my bad...still new to this

  2. #32
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    So we have it down to ENFP and... ISFP? Two pretty random types.

    To get E/I out of the way, there's a sure fire way of telling how.

    Do you get energized from being around people? If so then do you release then energy that you get from this by being alone? If you said yes to these you are an extrovert.

    On the other hand, do you get energized from time alone? If yes then do you release this energy from being around people? If you said yes to these then you are an introvert.

    And yes you are cheating yourself just by thinking S means art, caring about your appearance and about nature. I do art, I do in fact somewhat care about my appearance (but I know other N types care a lot) and I love nature. Does this make me S? No it doesn't.

    Where are you reading about all of this? You need to do some research on what the letters mean for real. Here are some good sources:

    I VS E: Extraverted or Introverted Preference

    S VS N: Sensing or iNtuition Preference

    F VS T: Thinking or Feeling Preference

    P VS J: Judging or Perceiving Preference
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #33
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    The answer to the I/E thing would be
    - I'm shy at first and very talkative once you get to know me. I hate talking on the phone...to the point that I rather take the time to meet somebody than ask for something over the phone (or I email/text them)...the only people I can talk to are my close friends and family.

    - I'm very talkative and confident when doing business, but not so privately...it takes a while before I open up...but I never really do 100%
    This sounds like a combination of an Introversion preference, with Informing (people-focused), as well as a pragmatic SP that does enage the outer world. (Se is auxiliary, but still draws the person to the physical world). People are saying ENFP, which is often described as appearing as an introvert because of the Ne, but she seems much more S, not just because of the art (which would simply be one evidence), but also concrete "experience" focus.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  4. #34
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Quite a lot of what you said sounds very familiar (either for me or my isfp bf, actually) - so for that I say ISXP. Leaning ISFP.
    Funny, that's what I thought too.

    Definitely the ISxP, and I was thinking ISFP.
    Not all of it's textbook... but it never is. The bulk of it's ISFP.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #35
    Member b4b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    xSFP
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    So we have it down to ENFP and... ISFP? Two pretty random types.

    To get E/I out of the way, there's a sure fire way of telling how.

    Do you get energized from being around people? If so then do you release then energy that you get from this by being alone? If you said yes to these you are an extrovert.

    On the other hand, do you get energized from time alone? If yes then do you release this energy from being around people? If you said yes to these then you are an introvert.

    And yes you are cheating yourself just by thinking S means art, caring about your appearance and about nature. I do art, I do in fact somewhat care about my appearance (but I know other N types care a lot) and I love nature. Does this make me S? No it doesn't.

    Where are you reading about all of this? You need to do some research on what the letters mean for real. Here are some good sources:

    I VS E: Extraverted or Introverted Preference

    S VS N: Sensing or iNtuition Preference

    F VS T: Thinking or Feeling Preference

    P VS J: Judging or Perceiving Preference

    I apologise, my knowledge about this subject is still limited
    thank you for posting the examples...
    this is what i have the most problem with, for example:

    Extravert Characteristics

    # Social/outgoing
    # Likes groups, parties, etc.
    # Energized by interaction
    # Has many friends


    Introvert Characteristics
    # Private
    # Keeps to self
    # Independent
    # Enjoys solitude
    # Thinks before speaking

    both fit me...does it mean I'm a borderline I/E?
    if so, I'm probably borderline with F/T as well
    is that common?

  6. #36
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    With E/I go by what I said in the previous post:

    "Do you get energized from being around people? If so then do you release then energy that you get from this by being alone? If you said yes to these you are an extrovert.

    On the other hand, do you get energized from time alone? If yes then do you release this energy from being around people? If you said yes to these then you are an introvert."

    As for F/T I am borderline. Which one suits you more? Which one do you find yourself doing more, being a T or being an F? That's what I asked myself.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  7. #37
    Member b4b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    xSFP
    Posts
    57

    Default

    ok, i read more about it, and took more tests...now I'm getting ESFP?
    I'm alone a lot (because of my work) but when I don't talk to people I don't feel right...also I would never want to leave a good party, and I'm always looking for one the more people I talk to the more energized I get, even the next day...the longer I'm alone, the more depressed I get...so I guess that makes me an E? all this despite the fact that I'm rather shy at first...
    thanks everyone!

  8. #38
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b4b View Post
    ok, i read more about it, and took more tests...now I'm getting ESFP?
    I'm alone a lot (because of my work) but when I don't talk to people I don't feel right...also I would never want to leave a good party, and I'm always looking for one the more people I talk to the more energized I get, even the next day...the longer I'm alone, the more depressed I get...so I guess that makes me an E? all this despite the fact that I'm rather shy at first...
    thanks everyone!
    No problem. Welcome to the SP club. We don't have a lot of people here on this forum but we make up for it by rocking hard.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b4b View Post
    ok, i read more about it, and took more tests...now I'm getting ESFP?
    I'm alone a lot (because of my work) but when I don't talk to people I don't feel right...also I would never want to leave a good party, and I'm always looking for one the more people I talk to the more energized I get, even the next day...the longer I'm alone, the more depressed I get...so I guess that makes me an E? all this despite the fact that I'm rather shy at first...
    thanks everyone!

    I was thinking from your posts, you sound ISFP, it is possible to be introverted and seem extroverted in the colloquial sense, but you say that you feel energised with people and depressed when away, so I think thats a good indicator of extroversion. Welcome to the forums btw.

  10. #40
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    you could compare notes with shortnsweet and/or defragmybrain, 2 of the esfps here (do we have any others? I don't remember). or the isfps for that matter, if you're only choosing between isfp and esfp.
    -end of thread-

Similar Threads

  1. So what's my type ?
    By entropie in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 11:58 PM
  2. So what is my type ?
    By entropie in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 04:27 AM
  3. What's My Type?
    By MuraKoji in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 09:07 AM
  4. Results are here. What's my type?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 09:46 AM
  5. What's my type,
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO