• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what's my type? beware, long description...:)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
thank you for the responses, and Randomnity for the link...I read the ISFP description, many things fit very well...but ISFP looks like such a GOOD person...I don't think I'm bad, but I definitely could be less selfish. Also what about the competitiveness, and the fact that I like the stock market? (most people doing it are NT's)
Striving to be a good person, or even looking like one, yet not feeling you're good enough does sound compatible with ISFP, from what I've read and seen. Introverted Feeling does have a weighing between trying to be nice to others, and being selfish at times. The SP is pragmatic (like NT), which explains the competitiveness. (NT is competitive, but with more abstract stuff, such as logical arguments). That "rush" you described sounds a lot like SP extraverted Sensing "experiencing the present".

b4b

MBTI Type
xSFP
Example... hmm... idk? Just start listing important decisions in your life and your thought process in making them I guess.

ok, one of the most important decisions I made was moving across the ocean for a guy that I fell in love with, leaving behind a house, well paid job and everything...it was all based on emotion, happened very quickly, I wasn't really thinking....does this makes me a F? or this example has nothing to do with F or T?
(sorry for asking stupid questions, I'm still new to this)

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
ok, one of the most important decisions I made was moving across the ocean for a guy that I fell in love with, leaving behind a house, well paid job and everything...it was all based on emotion, happened very quickly, I wasn't really thinking....does this makes me a F? or this example has nothing to do with F or T?
(sorry for asking stupid questions, I'm still new to this)

Idk, love tends to screw things up.

b4b

MBTI Type
xSFP
thank you for all the responses....I'm still a little confused between the ISFP and ESTP? I guess time will tell, I should figure it out sooner or later :)

Uhhhhhh..heheh..yeah...all us ISFPs are GOOD people, we're never ever selfish.

Ever.

:blush:

I'm plenty competitive, not about the stock market, but plenty of other things. I'm a compulsive gambler, but the good thing is I tend to make very small bets. ;)

oh yes, I love to gamble too...go to LV alot...do small bets as well...just for the fun of it! :)

b4b

MBTI Type
xSFP
thanks for the replies...ISFP would make me happy, hope I deserve it :)

b4b

MBTI Type
xSFP
but why N? I thought only S do art, like nature and care about their appearance?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
but why N? I thought only S do art, like nature and care about their appearance?

please don't ever say something remote to that again.
read up on the functions and get a better understanding, for the letters are the manifestations of them......anything else is cheating yourself.

b4b

MBTI Type
xSFP
please don't ever say something remote to that again.
read up on the functions and get a better understanding, for the letters are the manifestations of them......anything else is cheating yourself.

sorry, my bad...still new to this :(:(

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So we have it down to ENFP and... ISFP? Two pretty random types.

To get E/I out of the way, there's a sure fire way of telling how.

Do you get energized from being around people? If so then do you release then energy that you get from this by being alone? If you said yes to these you are an extrovert.

On the other hand, do you get energized from time alone? If yes then do you release this energy from being around people? If you said yes to these then you are an introvert.

And yes you are cheating yourself just by thinking S means art, caring about your appearance and about nature. I do art, I do in fact somewhat care about my appearance (but I know other N types care a lot) and I love nature. Does this make me S? No it doesn't.

Where are you reading about all of this? You need to do some research on what the letters mean for real. Here are some good sources:

I VS E: Extraverted or Introverted Preference

S VS N: Sensing or iNtuition Preference

F VS T: Thinking or Feeling Preference

P VS J: Judging or Perceiving Preference

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The answer to the I/E thing would be
- I'm shy at first and very talkative once you get to know me. I hate talking on the phone...to the point that I rather take the time to meet somebody than ask for something over the phone (or I email/text them)...the only people I can talk to are my close friends and family.

- I'm very talkative and confident when doing business, but not so privately...it takes a while before I open up...but I never really do 100%
This sounds like a combination of an Introversion preference, with Informing (people-focused), as well as a pragmatic SP that does enage the outer world. (Se is auxiliary, but still draws the person to the physical world). People are saying ENFP, which is often described as appearing as an introvert because of the Ne, but she seems much more S, not just because of the art (which would simply be one evidence), but also concrete "experience" focus.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quite a lot of what you said sounds very familiar (either for me or my isfp bf, actually) - so for that I say ISXP. Leaning ISFP.

Funny, that's what I thought too.

Definitely the ISxP, and I was thinking ISFP.
Not all of it's textbook... but it never is. The bulk of it's ISFP.

b4b

MBTI Type
xSFP
So we have it down to ENFP and... ISFP? Two pretty random types.

To get E/I out of the way, there's a sure fire way of telling how.

Do you get energized from being around people? If so then do you release then energy that you get from this by being alone? If you said yes to these you are an extrovert.

On the other hand, do you get energized from time alone? If yes then do you release this energy from being around people? If you said yes to these then you are an introvert.

And yes you are cheating yourself just by thinking S means art, caring about your appearance and about nature. I do art, I do in fact somewhat care about my appearance (but I know other N types care a lot) and I love nature. Does this make me S? No it doesn't.

Where are you reading about all of this? You need to do some research on what the letters mean for real. Here are some good sources:

I VS E: Extraverted or Introverted Preference

S VS N: Sensing or iNtuition Preference

F VS T: Thinking or Feeling Preference

P VS J: Judging or Perceiving Preference

I apologise, my knowledge about this subject is still limited
thank you for posting the examples...
this is what i have the most problem with, for example:

Extravert Characteristics

# Social/outgoing
# Likes groups, parties, etc.
# Energized by interaction
# Has many friends

Introvert Characteristics
# Private
# Keeps to self
# Independent
# Enjoys solitude
# Thinks before speaking

both fit me...does it mean I'm a borderline I/E?
if so, I'm probably borderline with F/T as well
is that common?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With E/I go by what I said in the previous post:

"Do you get energized from being around people? If so then do you release then energy that you get from this by being alone? If you said yes to these you are an extrovert.

On the other hand, do you get energized from time alone? If yes then do you release this energy from being around people? If you said yes to these then you are an introvert."

As for F/T I am borderline. Which one suits you more? Which one do you find yourself doing more, being a T or being an F? That's what I asked myself.

b4b

MBTI Type
xSFP
ok, i read more about it, and took more tests...now I'm getting ESFP?
I'm alone a lot (because of my work) but when I don't talk to people I don't feel right...also I would never want to leave a good party, and I'm always looking for one :) the more people I talk to the more energized I get, even the next day...the longer I'm alone, the more depressed I get...so I guess that makes me an E? all this despite the fact that I'm rather shy at first...
thanks everyone! :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm alone a lot (because of my work) but when I don't talk to people I don't feel right...also I would never want to leave a good party, and I'm always looking for one :) the more people I talk to the more energized I get, even the next day...the longer I'm alone, the more depressed I get...so I guess that makes me an E? all this despite the fact that I'm rather shy at first...

No problem. Welcome to the SP club. We don't have a lot of people here on this forum but we make up for it by rocking hard. :party2:

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?

I was thinking from your posts, you sound ISFP, it is possible to be introverted and seem extroverted in the colloquial sense, but you say that you feel energised with people and depressed when away, so I think thats a good indicator of extroversion. Welcome to the forums btw. :)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you could compare notes with shortnsweet and/or defragmybrain, 2 of the esfps here (do we have any others? I don't remember). or the isfps for that matter, if you're only choosing between isfp and esfp.