• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTx?

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Hey guys~

I need your help with this. I have a hard time distinguishing between the J/P dichotemy and how that applies to the MBTI and I was wondering if you could help type me as either an INTJ or an INTP. I have taken various tests and have tested as INTJ, INTP and even ISTJ (although that was when I was in middle school and on a fairly short, undetailed survey). The ISTJ could easily be explained by the fact that I was brought up in an extremely SJ home (my dad is ISTJ and my mom is ISFJ).

I really don't have any close friends, though the people whom I'm most comfortable around are my INFP sister, an INFJ friend and an INTJ who was a former teacher of mine. I also enjoy spending time with ENTPs, even though their sheer energy at times wears me down (I am quite introverted).

I tend to do better with answering questions than just talking about myself, so if you want me to clarify anything, I would be more than glad to.

Thanks in advance!
~Em

Negative_

rawr

I'd say probably I_TJ, based solely on your name and location. I think your sig is pretty TJish, too, especially that Snape quote.

J/P, in MBTI, is about whether your extravert your judging or your perceiving. An INTJ uses Ni and Te, INTPs use Ti and Ne. Look up the cognitive processes and figure out which ones you have more of a natural preference for.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've noticed that the Js on this board are excellent at posturing during debates. They're also really good at sarcastic one-liners. Better than the INTPs. The INTPs are a little more eager to forge new intellectual grounds and create their own ideas, whereas the Js are more comfortable sticking to proven procedure. The Ps wander much more than the Js.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
How do you feel about the fact that you don't have many close friends?
If you're okay with it, INTJ.
Otherwise, INTP.