User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INXX

Default INXX

Hi, everyone. I'm a newbie.

At the very first moment I encounter MBTI, I thought I was an INFP. It is the profile of it sounds like I should be something else. Some time later I thought that INFJ may be a more close description for me, but I still have a vague impression that it was not my type. Recently an idea that I may be a T have strike me and maybe I am an INTP. But the more books I read and the more assessment I do, I find that it is hard to decide T/F on me. I'm like a 50/50 on the continuum, but I'm not sure is this common or not. I may be more P, but again I am sometimes indecisive, while sometimes want to get things to be done as quick as possible.

For those who know Enneagram, I cannot decide between 5w4 and 4w5 too.

Ummm I don't know. I need professional help. Thanks everyone.

MBTI
    INxJ

From this alone, IXXP.

deleted

INTP is my 2

Welcome noob. I'm a 5w4 too, but I don't care much about enneagram. I always come out differently depending on my situation.

I don't know. INTP?

Uuh thanks you guys. I know what I put up in the thread here is far from helpful, so I'll try putting more here...

What I am sure is that, I am definitely an IN (which Jung described as losers in his book *sigh*). I may not be extremely introverted, but I am sure my iNtuition function is at the extreme end... And that's all what I know about myself.

What makes me really confuse about my type is that, I love arts, like drawing, singing, writing. At the same time, science fascinated me, I especially love Maths and Physics (thanks to my N function). I think I have great emotional depth, but I hear people comment me as aloof more than once. Also, I don't absolutely screen out all emotional expressions - I'm willing to show the positive ones, but I just cannot cry in front of people.

Thanks anyway...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Uuh thanks you guys. I know what I put up in the thread here is far from helpful, so I'll try putting more here...

What I am sure is that, I am definitely an IN (which Jung described as losers in his book *sigh*). I may not be extremely introverted, but I am sure my iNtuition function is at the extreme end... And that's all what I know about myself.

What makes me really confuse about my type is that, I love arts, like drawing, singing, writing. At the same time, science fascinated me, I especially love Maths and Physics (thanks to my N function). I think I have great emotional depth, but I hear people comment me as aloof more than once. Also, I don't absolutely screen out all emotional expressions - I'm willing to show the positive ones, but I just cannot cry in front of people.

Thanks anyway...
    Liking drawing, singing, writing, etc, doesn't mean much. I like all those (except singing, though I do play an instrument), and I score highly on all my letters. Why do you enjoy these things?

Math and physics, leans toward T, but there are plenty of Fs who enjoy and are good at them.

Emotional depth, really depends on how you define it. Elaborate more on this, and why you can't cry in front of people.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ESTJ

Smells like INFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Liking drawing, singing, writing, etc, doesn't mean much. I like all those (except singing, though I do play an instrument), and I score highly on all my letters. Why do you enjoy these things?

Math and physics, leans toward T, but there are plenty of Fs who enjoy and are good at them.

Emotional depth, really depends on how you define it. Elaborate more on this, and why you can't cry in front of people.
    I enjoy those activities because... when I engage into these activities, I lose the sense of self. I can momentarily forget who I am, and I really enjoy this feeling. Also, there is always room for creativity and generating something new in art. Drawings combining new elements together... Writing lyrics from perspective that no one tried before... I'd say, although I'm not capable to do such thing, I appreciate who can and enjoy listening / looking at their masterpieces. Oh and to make things specific, I love cartoons like PhD if anyone know this. I don't really appreciate those abstract drawings that make no sense to me.

And, yup, I know one INFJ who likes to do maths questions on geometry.

Why I can't cry in front of people? Well... umm... I just cannot! Um... Maybe, because I think it's something private? And sometimes I think crying publicly is an act begging for comfort. I won't say that I don't need help or comfort from friends, but crying for it probably is not my choice.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I enjoy those activities because... when I engage into these activities, I lose the sense of self. I can momentarily forget who I am, and I really enjoy this feeling. Also, there is always room for creativity and generating something new in art. Drawings combining new elements together... Writing lyrics from perspective that no one tried before... I'd say, although I'm not capable to do such thing, I appreciate who can and enjoy listening / looking at their masterpieces. Oh and to make things specific, I love cartoons like PhD if anyone know this. I don't really appreciate those abstract drawings that make no sense to me.

And, yup, I know one INFJ who likes to do maths questions on geometry.

Why I can't cry in front of people? Well... umm... I just cannot! Um... Maybe, because I think it's something private? And sometimes I think crying publicly is an act begging for comfort. I won't say that I don't need help or comfort from friends, but crying for it probably is not my choice.
    Ya, I agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    Smells like INFP.
    At least right now, the more information the better of course.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Ya, I agree with this:

At least right now, the more information the better of course.
    Ummm... What sort of information do you want?

I myself figure out INFP in the very first time too, but the profile go extremely wrong on me. I don't avoid conflicts. Actually I love debating. And if one thing is correct, I'll go into lengthy explanation explaining why I think it's correct with sensible (just to avoid biased word like "logical) arguments.

As I said before, besides arts, I love science at the same time. At least I love discussing matters on science (more philosophical side) with people.

But if I do really sounds like an INFP, I welcome clear explanation. One more thing to note, I don't accept any statement without reasoning and support. But as long as there are possibilities, I won't dismiss them.

Thanks again.