User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Four
    Socionics
    INFP

Default New to Forums: INFJ or INFP?

Browsing through here it looks like there is a pretty extensive thread about P's vs. J's, but I think it made me more confused rather than simplify things.

I've taken the MBTI test a number of times and EVERY single time it came out as INFJ. The judging part was graded as moderate(33%). Not sure if anyone is familiar with mypersonality.info, but I took that test and the results there said INFP and that I was 53% of a perceiver. The socionics type assistant I recently found out about and that graded me as an INFP. I know none of you on here know me so I'll give a quick summary of myself.

21 year old male college student, Psych major, creative writing minor.
    Would like to get into counseling/become a therapist or my childhood dream of being a commercial pilot.
    Have many acquaintances, but few friends and only a few very close friends.
    Feel like I often don't fit in anywhere
    Hopeless-romantic type
    Hate superficiality with a passion
    Not very detail oriented
    Judgemental of others at first glance, but open minded and willing to give others a chance when I actually meet them.
    More of an abstract thinker.
    Impatient
    Loving and caring

deleted

What do you think you are?

How many tests have said J and how many have said P?

Is socionics the same as MBTI? No.

Welcome to the damn group. We need more groupies.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

First, welcome.

Do you happen to know your Enneagram?

Quote Originally Posted by INF?2121 View Post
    Browsing through here it looks like there is a pretty extensive thread about P's vs. J's, but I think it made me more confused rather than simplify things.

I've taken the MBTI test a number of times and EVERY single time it came out as INFJ. The judging part was graded as moderate(33%). Not sure if anyone is familiar with mypersonality.info, but I took that test and the results there said INFP and that I was 53% of a perceiver. The socionics type assistant I recently found out about and that graded me as an INFP. I know none of you on here know me so I'll give a quick summary of myself.
    This above would make me favor INFJ, but it's FAR from conclusive. INFP in socionics often (but not always) means INFj in MBTI.

Were the INFJ scores from an official MBTI test? Personality page is pretty good, and I like it, but I wouldn't trust it as much as the official MBTI.

21 year old male college student, Psych major, creative writing minor.
    Would like to get into counseling/become a therapist or my childhood dream of being a commercial pilot.
    Have many acquaintances, but few friends and only a few very close friends.
    Feel like I often don't fit in anywhere
    Hopeless-romantic type
    Hate superficiality with a passion
    Not very detail oriented
    Judgemental of others at first glance, but open minded and willing to give others a chance when I actually meet them.
    Impatient
    Loving and caring
    These describe both INFJ and INFP.

Do you usually take an informational approach to leadership ("Hey, there are alot of dishes in the sink.") or a direct approach ("Please wash the dishes?").

Even though are you are an emotional creature, how in tune with your feelings are you really? Do you usually know, or do you have to figure it out - sometimes being oblivious to how you really feel?

Does your mind tend to 'skip around' when you are thinking about something, or does it usually stick to one topic and dig deeply?

Quote Originally Posted by INF?2121 View Post
    Psych major, creative writing minor.
    Impatient
    Loving and caring
    These points in particular cause me to lean heavily INFJ. It isn't that INFPs don't display these traits, it's just that INFJs do so alarmingly more. What's more, is that although I am an INFJ and my boyfriend is an INFP --between the two of us I would be described as loving and caring by outsiders more often than he because I am more publicly demonstrative comparatively.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Make sure you are even-keeled for this.
    INFJ or INFP? a closer look
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Four
    Socionics
    INFP

Thanks so much for the quick replies everyone and glad to meet you all. To answer some of your questions the MBTI test I was referring to was the Jung Typology Test you can take at the HumanMetrics site. Udog, my Enneagram is a type IV: Romantic/artist. I wasn't sure if that would help distinguish my P or J characteristic so I guess I didn't mention it in my OP. In terms of the other questions you asked Udog the only one I could honestly give you with a firm answer is that I consider myself to identify my emotions pretty well. In terms of my mind wandering vs. digging deep into one thought and informational vs. direct, it really changes from time to time. Could you give me a few more examples though by what exactly you mean by indirect vs. direct approach?

And finally Thursday thanks so much for that webpage. wow I didn't know such ridiculously in depth analysis of this difference existed on the net!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

If you really want to know, read SolitaryWalker's profiles of INFJ and INFP (search for them, they're in the NF idyllic). They're long, but I guarantee you'll know after reading them.