• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Here We Go Again INTJs, I Need Your Advice on MBTI

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
So, I don't really know my type. Being a member of this forum, I would think that it would be a handy thing to know in order to engage in discussions. I mean everything does tend to revolve around MBTI here.

I tried this HumanMetrics - online relationships, personality and entrepreneur tests, personal solution center thing: INTJ
Then I tried this other link recently proposed on another thread http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html:
ENTP

So what in the hell is my profile? I know it's not static, I'm just a little vexed over this issue. Do these sites suck in your opinion? Do you have better sites? If I am truly interested, should I get professionally typed? Do you have any recommendations for this option?
All ideas and input are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
The cognitiveprocesses one warns that it is experimental, and could be wrong, doesn't it?

But I'll gladly propose an outlandish theory if you like:

On the light side of the moon, an INTJ is, in order, Ni/Te/Fi/Se

But on the dark side, he is, in order, Ne/Ti/Fe/Si.

So, yes, Mr Face, you are an INTJ, but beware, for there is the dark side, and should you succumb to temptation and fear, you'll be Darth Withouta, ENTP.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
The cognitiveprocesses one warns that it is experimental, and could be wrong, doesn't it?

But I'll gladly propose an outlandish theory if you like:

On the light side of the moon, an INTJ is, in order, Ni/Te/Fi/Se

But on the dark side, he is, in order, Ne/Ti/Fe/Si.

So, yes, Mr Face, you are an INTJ, but beware, for there is the dark side, and should you succumb to temptation and fear, you'll be Darth Withouta, ENTP.

Lol, I see. I'm just curious, how did you manage to type yourself?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Lol, I see. I'm just curious, how did you manage to type yourself?

I did the humanmetrics test and it came out INTJ. I looked up INTJ on PersonalityPage and was totally stunned. Instant recognition. I was phenomenally pleased to see cast in a good light all the crap that I knew was me. Hunted around and looked over other type descriptions and confirmed that they weren't me too.

I forget what turned me on to the humanmetrics thing in the first place. Was about two years ago now.

A thing I like perhaps a bit too much about MBTI is the angle it gives me on placing myself and other people into recognisable figures, instead of the undifferentiated mass of "Whut?! Ouch!" they had all been most of my life.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
You could read some of the various type descriptions and see which one fits you better, INTJ or ENTP.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Like you, I'm close on the INTJ/ENTP divide, with the closest digit expression being my J/P component.

I find that intensive workload obligates me into an INTJ mindset. When my plate isn't so overstuffed, I tend to don an ENTP wardrobe.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Are you silly or are you a stuck up nerd?

If silly - ENTP
If stuck up nerd - INTJ.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
What if he's a silly stuck up nerd?

INTP?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find that intensive workload obligates me into an INTJ mindset. When my plate isn't so overstuffed, I tend to don an ENTP wardrobe.

I do something like this only I go towards ENFJ temporarily. It's a weird feeling... When I really need to go out and do stuff and be with friends I'll make that temporary shift. The shadows function theory does have some use. :tongue:

INTJ functions: Ni Te Fi Se
To adjust to problems that they normally couldn't solve they will adapt a mind set like an ENTP, which reverses the introversion and extroversion on the functions part, making it Ne Ti Fe Si. It works that way for anyone. This may be why you are going through this dilemma.

G

garbage

You can read posts by some of the other ENTP/INTJ members and try to determine which ones seem more like your thought processes.. but you do seem more like INTJ overall to me.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I do something like this only I go towards ENFJ temporarily. It's a weird feeling... When I really need to go out and do stuff and be with friends I'll make that temporary shift. The shadows function theory does have some use. :tongue:

To adjust to problems that they normally couldn't solve they will adapt a mind set like an ENTP, which reverses the introversion and extroversion on the functions part, making it Ne Ti Fe Si. It works that way for anyone. This may be why you are going through this dilemma.

"To adapt to problems they normally couldn't solve..."

And they'd have to be under some pressure to solve those non-normal problems, otherwise they'd just let them slide, I guess...

...and out come the shadow functions?

So there'd be a lot of stress at that time too, and the shadow function persona would be kind of warped or perhaps negative...

Is all that true?

Because occasionally I have to do things at work that call for me to be much more of a crowd organiser than I want to be, and I've usually thought of the persona I show to be a low-powered, kinda crippled ENTJ.

But in those states I recognise the J-aspect to be a little bit hysterical and prone to random expressions of stress--a kind of unnatural giddiness, like a P, maybe. Maybe it is an ENTP persona... Except that I slip in and out of it, and it includes a lot of directive stuff. Clinging to the real me, I guess, the INTJ.

Hmmm... interesting.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
You could read some of the various type descriptions and see which one fits you better, INTJ or ENTP.
That one's a toughy. It seems like both can fit me at any given time. I do plan on picking up a Keirsey book sometime anyway.

Like you, I'm close on the INTJ/ENTP divide, with the closest digit expression being my J/P component.
Yea, the closest divide is the introversion/extroversion factor for me.

For me I think it may be the opposite? When I am in a neutral or stressed mindset I seem to be INTJ (according to the descriptions). As a matter of fact I took the test when I was bearing a significant workload. When I am exuberant or just trying to socialize with a large group of people, sometimes I gravitate towards the ENTP description. If I am in a lightheard mood where I just want to asborb information I tend to be more ENTPish. If I just want to "win", well you know. I have a feeling it's just a tentative/temporary switch though.

"To adapt to problems they normally couldn't solve..."

And they'd have to be under some pressure to solve those non-normal problems, otherwise they'd just let them slide, I guess...

...and out come the shadow functions?

So there'd be a lot of stress at that time too, and the shadow function persona would be kind of warped or perhaps negative...

Is all that true?

Because occasionally I have to do things at work that call for me to be much more of a crowd organiser than I want to be, and I've usually thought of the persona I show to be a low-powered, kinda crippled ENTJ.

But in those states I recognise the J-aspect to be a little bit hysterical and prone to random expressions of stress--a kind of unnatural giddiness, like a P, maybe. Maybe it is an ENTP persona... Except that I slip in and out of it, and it includes a lot of directive stuff. Clinging to the real me, I guess, the INTJ.

Hmmm... interesting.

Hmmm..... I see exactly what you guys are getting at with this shadow type thing. Perhaps I can ascribe this as the source of my confusion. Interesting theories thus far. Either way, I think it would be best if I did some more reading on the subject.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Are you silly or are you a stuck up nerd?

If silly - ENTP
If stuck up nerd - INTJ.

From how I have known you, you seemed an INTJ to me. Not a stereotypical one (which is good anyways, if you ask me), but an INTJ.

You can read posts by some of the other ENTP/INTJ members and try to determine which ones seem more like your thought processes.. but you do seem more like INTJ overall to me.

Lol, damn. Just when I was hoping that I might actually be silly instead of a stuck up nerd. :D

G

garbage

Lol, damn. Just when I was hoping that I might actually be silly instead of a stuck up nerd. :D

If that is your identity.. know it, embrace it, then work with it. Your type shouldn't be a constraint; it should just be a starting point and a tool to help you to identify yourself and be aware of what may be your strengths and weaknesses.

I know that I've constantly striven for balance in my own life, which means getting away from the "typical" ENTJ weaknesses of arrogance, ignorance of others' feelings, and workaholism. Embracing other "typical" ENTJ strengths such as perseverance, determination, goal-orientedness, strategic planning ability, and future focus has definitely helped me on my way of achieving that.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
If that is your identity.. know it, embrace it, then work with it. Your type shouldn't be a constraint; it should just be a starting point and a tool to help you to identify yourself and be aware of what may be your strengths and weaknesses.

I know that I've constantly striven for balance in my own life, which means getting away from the "typical" ENTJ weaknesses of arrogance, ignorance of others' feelings, and workaholism. Embracing other "typical" ENTJ strengths such as perseverance, determination, goal-orientedness, strategic planning ability, and future focus has definitely helped me on my way of achieving that.

Well said.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Costrin says you are INTJ.
Costrin has some confidence in his typing skills.
Costrin does emphasize though, that he is not infallible.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Costrin does emphasize though, that he is not infallible.

Nevertheless, Costrin is still a stuck-up nerd. :D

(That 'stuck up nerd' description made me laugh.)