MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    So what in the hell is my profile?
    From how I have known you, you seemed an INTJ to me. Not a stereotypical one (which is good anyways, if you ask me), but an INTJ.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

garbage

You can read posts by some of the other ENTP/INTJ members and try to determine which ones seem more like your thought processes.. but you do seem more like INTJ overall to me.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I do something like this only I go towards ENFJ temporarily. It's a weird feeling... When I really need to go out and do stuff and be with friends I'll make that temporary shift. The shadows function theory does have some use.

INTJ functions: Ni Te Fi Se
    To adjust to problems that they normally couldn't solve they will adapt a mind set like an ENTP, which reverses the introversion and extroversion on the functions part, making it Ne Ti Fe Si. It works that way for anyone. This may be why you are going through this dilemma.
    "To adapt to problems they normally couldn't solve..."

And they'd have to be under some pressure to solve those non-normal problems, otherwise they'd just let them slide, I guess...

...and out come the shadow functions?

So there'd be a lot of stress at that time too, and the shadow function persona would be kind of warped or perhaps negative...

Is all that true?

Because occasionally I have to do things at work that call for me to be much more of a crowd organiser than I want to be, and I've usually thought of the persona I show to be a low-powered, kinda crippled ENTJ.

But in those states I recognise the J-aspect to be a little bit hysterical and prone to random expressions of stress--a kind of unnatural giddiness, like a P, maybe. Maybe it is an ENTP persona... Except that I slip in and out of it, and it includes a lot of directive stuff. Clinging to the real me, I guess, the INTJ.

Hmmm... interesting.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    You could read some of the various type descriptions and see which one fits you better, INTJ or ENTP.
    That one's a toughy. It seems like both can fit me at any given time. I do plan on picking up a Keirsey book sometime anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Like you, I'm close on the INTJ/ENTP divide, with the closest digit expression being my J/P component.
    Yea, the closest divide is the introversion/extroversion factor for me.

I find that intensive workload obligates me into an INTJ mindset. When my plate isn't so overstuffed, I tend to don an ENTP wardrobe.
    For me I think it may be the opposite? When I am in a neutral or stressed mindset I seem to be INTJ (according to the descriptions). As a matter of fact I took the test when I was bearing a significant workload. When I am exuberant or just trying to socialize with a large group of people, sometimes I gravitate towards the ENTP description. If I am in a lightheard mood where I just want to asborb information I tend to be more ENTPish. If I just want to "win", well you know. I have a feeling it's just a tentative/temporary switch though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I do something like this only I go towards ENFJ temporarily. It's a weird feeling... When I really need to go out and do stuff and be with friends I'll make that temporary shift. The shadows function theory does have some use.

INTJ functions: Ni Te Fi Se
    To adjust to problems that they normally couldn't solve they will adapt a mind set like an ENTP, which reverses the introversion and extroversion on the functions part, making it Ne Ti Fe Si. It works that way for anyone. This may be why you are going through this dilemma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    "To adapt to problems they normally couldn't solve..."

And they'd have to be under some pressure to solve those non-normal problems, otherwise they'd just let them slide, I guess...

...and out come the shadow functions?

So there'd be a lot of stress at that time too, and the shadow function persona would be kind of warped or perhaps negative...

Is all that true?

Because occasionally I have to do things at work that call for me to be much more of a crowd organiser than I want to be, and I've usually thought of the persona I show to be a low-powered, kinda crippled ENTJ.

But in those states I recognise the J-aspect to be a little bit hysterical and prone to random expressions of stress--a kind of unnatural giddiness, like a P, maybe. Maybe it is an ENTP persona... Except that I slip in and out of it, and it includes a lot of directive stuff. Clinging to the real me, I guess, the INTJ.

Hmmm... interesting.
    Hmmm..... I see exactly what you guys are getting at with this shadow type thing. Perhaps I can ascribe this as the source of my confusion. Interesting theories thus far. Either way, I think it would be best if I did some more reading on the subject.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    Are you silly or are you a stuck up nerd?

If silly - ENTP
    If stuck up nerd - INTJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by GargoylesLegacy View Post
    From how I have known you, you seemed an INTJ to me. Not a stereotypical one (which is good anyways, if you ask me), but an INTJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    You can read posts by some of the other ENTP/INTJ members and try to determine which ones seem more like your thought processes.. but you do seem more like INTJ overall to me.
    Lol, damn. Just when I was hoping that I might actually be silly instead of a stuck up nerd.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    Lol, damn. Just when I was hoping that I might actually be silly instead of a stuck up nerd.
    If that is your identity.. know it, embrace it, then work with it. Your type shouldn't be a constraint; it should just be a starting point and a tool to help you to identify yourself and be aware of what may be your strengths and weaknesses.

I know that I've constantly striven for balance in my own life, which means getting away from the "typical" ENTJ weaknesses of arrogance, ignorance of others' feelings, and workaholism. Embracing other "typical" ENTJ strengths such as perseverance, determination, goal-orientedness, strategic planning ability, and future focus has definitely helped me on my way of achieving that.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    If that is your identity.. know it, embrace it, then work with it. Your type shouldn't be a constraint; it should just be a starting point and a tool to help you to identify yourself and be aware of what may be your strengths and weaknesses.

I know that I've constantly striven for balance in my own life, which means getting away from the "typical" ENTJ weaknesses of arrogance, ignorance of others' feelings, and workaholism. Embracing other "typical" ENTJ strengths such as perseverance, determination, goal-orientedness, strategic planning ability, and future focus has definitely helped me on my way of achieving that.
    Well said.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Costrin says you are INTJ.
    Costrin has some confidence in his typing skills.
    Costrin does emphasize though, that he is not infallible.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Costrin does emphasize though, that he is not infallible.
    Nevertheless, Costrin is still a stuck-up nerd.

(That 'stuck up nerd' description made me laugh.)
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Nevertheless, Costrin is still a stuck-up nerd.

(That 'stuck up nerd' description made me laugh.)
    Costrin takes pride in his stuck-up nerdyness.

So nyah!