• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm scared now!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, so I've been analyzing a strange tendency of mine to have two different dispositions. On the one hand, I tend to be very ENFP at work or in certain situations. In other situations, I identify much more with the ENTP.

This trend starting bothering me as I noticed that people often loved me at work and did not like me as much in my free time....

So they would find me affable, sweet, and kind online or at work. They would invite me over, and I would be "totally different" in their analysis...

I have really been trying to figure this out. Indeed I found it very peculiar that many of my school/university friends remember me as being 'odd, quiet, bizarre, flippant, rather poorly dressed, not outgoing at all, highly critical/analytical, 'studious' type.' That I have often "two faces," silly and bizarre but also studious, analytical, serious, and totally "not to be fucked with."

What the hell is happening to me? Who am I and what the hell am I developing into???

Sorry if I sound all emo here...I figure it's the stress from the test I have to take in March.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
It's normal for people to have "faces" they use with the world.

So an ENTP may have an SF face to use with the world.. allowing them to be lighthearted and friendly (in an ESFP kinda way) when on the inside they are quite serious.

Perhaps it is like this here.. one group is seeing your NF face and the other your ST (or NT and SF, depending on your "true" type)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah - I mean that's just a really bizarre development...! I guess "scared" is a bit of an overstatement. "Perplexed" is perhaps more like it.

What I have to analyze is really: Who AM I??? I mean who am I really? Where does the mask end and the real "me" begin??? How much of this "me" is conditioned and how much of this "me" is real? And how do I tell?

(Dude, why am I being such a retard about this topic? Oh well, you know what I mean)...

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Both are you. You are just displaying different aspects of your personality in different situations. Neither is fake, both are real.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Both are you. You are just displaying different aspects of your personality in different situations. Neither is fake, both are real.

This is a really good point. Could it be that I display very extreme versions of my personality in different situations?

Here's a perfect example: The folks at work thought I lost my rocker when I requested a month off work to prepare for my translation exam. During this time, I will probably shut myself off from the world, forget to eat and drink, socialize, or be a normal human being for about 1 month. I will turn into a learning machine, during which time I would be really productive but totally inhuman. A person who would meet me during this time would probably assume I was an IS/NTJ or maybe even a total nut.

When I meet with people I click with, I am open and gregarious and even have my silly switch.

BUT if I engage in a debate, I'm a terrorist...Okay, not that bad, but you know...

Sometimes I am really shy...the quiet kid in the corner listening to everyone wondering when the f is this so-called party going to be so overrrrrrrrrrrr?!?!

Then in some cases I'm the crazy little flirt (not to get guys - just in general) who loves to get pictures taken of herself (but not under any circumstance and not for every reason). Though I must admit, this part of me is totally underdeveloped - I'm just playing around with it to experiment and see what the hell happens.

This often happens when I socialize - I let others take over, and I analyze the dynamics the arguments, and people think I am a total party pooper....

Awww man...I am too complex for my own good....I wonder if this happens to anyone else.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I tend to sort of change personalities a bit some times. When I'm out with friends doing something fun, I tend to have my ISTP personality. When I'm arguing, it's more of an INTJ and when I'm working or by myself, I'm ISTJ.

I actually think the personality you fit with when you're by yourself is the most accurate label.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I put on my ESTJ mask. It's not a big deal. :tongue: It's just a way to cope with the world.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whew, thanks guys! I thought I was going batty - good to know! :D

G

Glycerine

haha, to the world, I can come off ESFP, ISTP/J but when I'm alone, I'm for sure an INFJ. Most people would probably be a bit surprised.

S

Sniffles

Yeah I often have an INTP or SP face too. So yeah, no big deal. You maybe a weirdo, you're not a weirdo because of this. :tongue:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I can be quite ENTPish. Very much so. I haven't figured out yet how other male ENFPs normally behave in the wild but I can be very grumpy. It's basically a façade but it's a recurring one.