User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Most important to remember is that it isn't always mainstream tradition that SJs are trying to maintain. As Raz says, it's a different system of traditions that have meaning to different SJs. (basically agreeing with him to emphasize the point)
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Being an SJ isn't so much about needing to fit in. It's markedly less true for us introverted SJs, but some of us still kind of agree to that. People often say SJs have a need for stability and security. For introverts, this refers mostly to steadiness in one's own life.
    Great point, considering the SJ is said to be the Melancholic, who is traditionally the loner while the opposite Sanguine is the one who is more people-oriented. It's easy to get thrown off there. PUM 1 had claimed "the melancholic hold themselves in higher regard when they achieve position and belong to social units", and Team Technology had said "...for whom a basic driving force is duty, service and the need to belong." But that need to belong or "social unit" is in the context of the structures in which they perform their duty and service (including in positions of leadership).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    I sense ISTJ

You aren't a P just cause you have a good time when you aren't working....
    yeah, although I think you are a P if you have to have a good time when you are working...and it doesn't sound like he does.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    I

Haha I'll never be able to get that last letter. Continue posting though everyone, and thanks. It helps.

MBTI
    I

This may help, I got these results just now for the Cognitive test:

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

You're even confusing the machine! Basically ST.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    I

You're even confusing the machine! Basically ST.
    Yeah man, it's crazy. I'm just going to be IST from now on, or just ST lol.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Being an SJ isn't so much about needing to fit in. It's markedly less true for us introverted SJs, but some of us still kind of agree to that. People often say SJs have a need for stability and security. For introverts, this refers mostly to steadiness in one's own life.

It's going to be difficult to get anyone to identify with descriptions of SJs because so much of our culture teaches us to rebel against all those things SJs represent. Hate to say it...but my point is that complicates determining an SJ's type.
    Okay, nice to get some SJ input!

I agree with you Cimarron. My understanding is that it's not so much about belonging in the sense that you're best buddies with everyone there. It may even not be a 'traditional' group, but the need to identify is nevertheless there. I remember an enlightening post that talked about goth culture and how that was actually frequented by a lot of SJs who found comfort in identifying themselves in that way... goth culture has its own 'tradition', and there is security is maintaining that. But no way is that considered 'traditional'. I guess I didn't make that bit clear.

SP = freedom, then stability; SJ = stability, then freedom

In other words, give an SP their core need for freedom, and they are then free to act very stable. Give an SJ their core need for stability and they are secure enough to go wild.

Does that make sense at all or am I just talking up my own butt? I do that sometimes.

At any rate, my info about temperament theory comes from here:
    The Artisan Temperament
    The Guardian Temperament

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post

I agree with you Cimarron. My understanding is that it's not so much about belonging in the sense that you're best buddies with everyone there. It may even not be a 'traditional' group, but the need to identify is nevertheless there. I remember an enlightening post that talked about goth culture and how that was actually frequented by a lot of SJs who found comfort in identifying themselves in that way... goth culture has its own 'tradition', and there is security is maintaining that. But no way is that considered 'traditional'. I guess I didn't make that bit clear.

In other words, give an SP their core need for freedom, and they are then free to act very stable. Give an SJ their core need for stability and they are secure enough to go wild.

Does that make sense at all or am I just talking up my own butt? I do that sometimes.

The Artisan Temperament
    The Guardian Temperament
    If that's the case, it's still super close. I value both freedom and stability. What do u think of the cognitive test I took?

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post

The Artisan Temperament
    The Guardian Temperament
    Interesting way of putting it. SPs and SJs both want freedom, they just obtain it in different ways. An SP feels free having options available to them. I feel free having everything under control. Once I know everything is under control, *then* I'll do something crazy. I want the feeling of security first, or else I'll go crazy from the fear of letting loose.