User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Did you read the detailed descriptions, instead of just the numbered lists? The descriptions cover things that the lists do not.
    Yeah, the ITP description, especially the "Learning Style" category fit my childhood experience quite well.

deleted

Let's just say you're an ISTJ because there aren't that many around here and I like to know that my sensing type is down with the net.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post

You might want to read that again, Mom. He says "No" but then says "yes" in all of the details of his post.

Virtually everything he's posted in this topic sounds SP. Some people act like SPs can't function at work or something. Like we can only get jobs as professional stuntmen or drug dealers or something. I'll have you know I have an office job and right now am hard at work....posting on an internet forum.

Crap.
    Jack Flak is hardly ever wrong...
    I mean I assume he is wrong sometimes,
    but I am unaware of it happening.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Yeah, the ITP description, especially the "Learning Style" category fit my childhood experience quite well.
    I just finished reading that, and I don't think that section was specific enough to make a determination on type.

MBTI
    LoLz

I had this same problem when I first started figuring out my type. I thought I was INTJ at first, then INTP, then ISTP, and I finally landed on ISTJ. I had a hard time believing my J because I'm not a neat freak or anything. I rarely clean unless things start getting out of hand. The J is all about how you handle your external life, anyway. Like, for instance, one way you can tell a J or P is how someone dresses. A P is going to care about their clothing, but won't care much about having a pulled together coordinated look. A J will want everything in place in their outfit, everything to match, and will have an organized look to them.

How you handle the outside world and how you handle yourself are two different cognitive processes. With an ISTP, you approach the outside world with Extraverted Sensing, meaning you're looking to adapt yourself to the external world. You then use Introverted Thinking to maintain yourself, so you use an internal set of logical rules and take things apart in your head.

An ISTJ uses Extraverted Thinking for the outside world, meaning they deal with it impersonally and objectively. They want it to be structured and task oriented. ISTJs use Introverted Sensing for dealing with themselves, meaning they focus on having a vast memory of facts and details, without even realizing it. Introverted Sensing is about having your own set of personal experiences and expectations, also. People who use Introverted Sensing, instead of adapting themselves to the outside world like Extraverted Sensing, adapt the outside world to their own set of rules.

The cognitive processes aren't THAT reliable, though, in terms of how rigid they are in usage. The truth in their definitions is reliable. People use all 8 of them, just some more effectively than the others.

MBTI
    I

All this stuff is definitely helping me. If I were to rate my cognitive functions, I would say it's like this...

Ti - Very High
    Fi - High
    Te - High
    Ne - Medium
    Si - Medium
    Se - Low
    Fe - Very Low
    Ni - Very Low

MBTI
    ENTP

Are you more like Joe Friday or Dirty Harry?

I don't wanna!

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

From what I see you really have parts of both, J and P. But the P wins with 1 or 2 points more. From what you have described it is like 60:40 for P.
    But I think you are right with your statement (J when working, P when not).
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by GargoylesLegacy View Post
    But I think you are right with your statement (J when working, P when not).
    Yeah, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Are you more like Joe Friday or Dirty Harry?
    I don't know either of them well enough lol.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    All this stuff is definitely helping me. If I were to rate my cognitive functions, I would say it's like this...

Ti - Very High
    Fi - High
    Te - High
    Ne - Medium
    Si - Medium
    Se - Low
    Fe - Very Low
    Ni - Very Low
    I equated your functions and your results came out as a clear ISTP.

I'd say (by my own scale, 100% being rare):

I 40%
    S 10%
    T 40%
    P 40%

If you are quite sure about this function ranking, then you are most definitely an ISTP.