• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would I be J or P or neither?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You like having fun, do you? That makes this tough, but YOU'RE STILL ISTJ.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Once again, thanks everyone for your help. I feel these statements cover me well (maybe they will help decide even more)...

- Never give up.
- You can do anything you set your mind to. Anything's possible.
- Don't be upset with failure. Use failure as motivation to succeed.
- Nothing succeeds like success.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh:

You might want to read that again, Mom. He says "No" but then says "yes" in all of the details of his post.

Virtually everything he's posted in this topic sounds SP. Some people act like SPs can't function at work or something. Like we can only get jobs as professional stuntmen or drug dealers or something. I'll have you know I have an office job and right now am hard at work....posting on an internet forum.

Crap.

Agreed here, he sounds very ISTP.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah, overall I would say I'm just a little bit more J. I'm definitely a J when I'm working, and more of a P when I'm not. That's how I function. But I'm enjoying this evaluation, keep responding if you wish.

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
What you said in another thread...

lol I've had this dilemma a bunch of times (ISTJ or ISTP?). As I like to say, I'm an ISTJ when I'm working, and ISTP when I'm not working.

Yeah, I never usually look back into my past. I don't usually want to, but even during the few times I want to, I don't really like to, especially deep in my past.

...Makes you sound like an ISTP. Going by what you're like at work is not necessarily a great indicator as you're required to follow certain procedures and structures whether you want to or not.

ISTP. Learned some good J values from parents, making you more balanced.

^ This is what it looks like to me.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you're a P instead of a J, it should mean you're more in tune with your perceiving function--which in an ISTP's case is Sensing.

How in tune do you think you are with your senses?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
If you're a P instead of a J, it should mean you're more in tune with your perceiving function--which in an ISTP's case is Sensing.

I'm in tune with them enough. I observe stuff that's going on, but sometimes i miss things. I am a visual learner. Many times I hear conversations which I'm not involved in, and I like to do hands-on activities instead of just sitting or standing around. I like good-quality food a lot too.

I don't know if that's the kind of stuff you mean.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
What you said in another thread...

...Makes you sound like an ISTP. Going by what you're like at work is not necessarily a great indicator as you're required to follow certain procedures and structures whether you want to or not.

^ This is what it looks like to me.

Interesting, yeah I was taught those J values, and my natural inclination is to just chill out, and be more P like, which I am in my social life. I tend to adjust as a J for schoolwork, while during the other times I would be P.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not trying to bug you, but one more thing: Do you think you might be an ESTJ? (Wasn't that what you had at some point?) Having Si in second instead of first would mean you're not as "anchored to the past," and would give you a more flexible Te, switching the two functions in their strength.

It's just a thought.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

*scratches head* Where's the logic in that? An ISTJ is Si/Te. ISTP is Ti/Se. ISTJ uses Sensing for their inner world. ISTP uses Sensing for dealings with the outer world. The ISTJ is more in tune with Sensing than the ISTP because it's dominant, meaning it's introverted rather than extraverted with the ISTP. The ISTP is constantly working off of Ti, so they take things apart rather than focus on what they know.

The secondary functions for an Introvert are to tend to the affairs of the outside world. It's going to be a function they're skilled in using, but won't prefer it by far since they are introverted. It's more like the extraverted functions for introverts provide the most amount of energy when dealing with the outside world out of the 4 choices, but they will reach a boiling point with it much sooner than they would using an introverted function.

I think the question for our ISTx here is, what do you think about the most when you're alone?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(Well, I wasn't using the function-theory for that post, trying a little bit of each angle to solve what type he is.)

It's still directly relevant to Se, though, which is why I summed it up with "How in tune do you feel with your senses?" An ISTP would have noticeable Se, and an ISTJ wouldn't. That should make a difference. Basically that's what I was saying.

I should have said "Se vs. Si, which is more noticeable?"

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm not trying to bug you, but one more thing: Do you think you might be an ESTJ? (Wasn't that what you had at some point?) Having Si in second instead of first would mean you're not as "anchored to the past," and would give you a more flexible Te, switching the two functions in their strength.

It's just a thought.

I have some E tendencies at times, like when I get away from people sometimes, I feel a little isolated. Also another thing - when I speak to people during the day, I feel better. I don't think that's enough to make me E, but I don't know.

I think the question for our ISTx here is, what do you think about the most when you're alone?

Besides my schoolwork? More fun things than work.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
See, I enjoy talking to people a lot on the internet. It's fun. But, get me face to face and the fun factor plummets.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
See, I enjoy talking to people a lot on the internet. It's fun. But, get me face to face and the fun factor plummets.

At first, especially when I'm with new people, I don't feel all that comfortable. But then later on, when I know them more, I feel more comfortable. I actually have found that I have a good ability to behave like the people I hang out with. If I'm hanging out with different people, then I'll act like them when around them, while afterward when I'm alone I'll act the way I normally act.

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
Interesting, yeah I was taught those J values, and my natural inclination is to just chill out, and be more P like, which I am in my social life. I tend to adjust as a J for schoolwork, while during the other times I would be P.

I do the same.

Definitely a possibility. Someone suggested doing a functions test, I think. Maybe read up on descriptions of the functions as well and see which ones suit you more. If you’re stuck between Si/Se and Ti/Te, try reading up on Fi/Fe and Ni/Ne as well. I remember reading about Fi and Ne originally and they just seemed so foreign to me.

Last edited:

Unique

I sense ISTJ

You aren't a P just cause you have a good time when you aren't working....

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I have a good time when I'm not working. My mind just wanders all over the place while I'm having a good time. I'll be doing something really exciting and be processing like....a website I read or a movie I just watched.