First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post

From reading your posts you sound like a very well rounded SJ.
    I was going to say the opposite.
    Sounded like a very well rounded SP to me!

(I have a dear friend who is 'ESTP', and she gets things done very efficiently when she has to. Most of the time when there is work that she knows she won't enjoy, she gets it out of the way first. She's very laid-back and values having fun, preferring not to have work to do but will do it if she must. She goes between intense laziness and fairly fierce efficiency)
    Basically, everything you said sounded like her. I'd say merely a well-balanced 'P'.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

You sound sorta like an ISTJ friend of mine. So SJ I guess (more information would be helpful).

MBTI
    I

Alright well... I'm an engineering student if that helps (electrical). I like to think about things, don't like to talk about my feelings, and have almost no imagination. I'm not a friendly person to new people, but if I get to know you well enough, I am friendly. I like to talk about myself. I don't drive fast, I like competition, and I don't like to give up.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Alright well... I'm an engineering student if that helps (electrical). I like to think about things, don't like to talk about my feelings, and have almost no imagination. I'm not a friendly person to new people, but if I get to know you well enough, I am friendly. I like to talk about myself.
    Doesn't help either way! (At least on J/P, it cements further that your IST)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Haha.

I read that SJ's are dependable, and at the same time, I'm not really dependable.

I read that SP's are risky, but I'm more cautious.
    SJs are dependable more than SPs are risky. I know lots of SPs who aren't that risky, but I don't know a single SJ who isn't pretty consistently dependable (or at least feels guilty about it when not.)

Here's a good way to tell: How do you feel about tradition for its own sake? Is it important to you to preserve social traditions and norms simply because they're the tradition, or do you really not care one way or the other?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Doesn't help either way! (At least on J/P, it cements further that your IST)
    Alright -

Both my parents are fairly strong J's and have preached mostly J principles to me, like having discipline and keeping schedules, even though I am not a disciplined person at all. Neither of them are laid back... in the least. And they get frustrated with me because they feel I'm too lazy.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    SJs are dependable more than SPs are risky. I know lots of SPs who aren't that risky, but I don't know a single SJ who isn't pretty consistently dependable (or at least feels guilty about it when not.)

Here's a good way to tell: How do you feel about tradition for its own sake? Is it important to you to preserve social traditions and norms simply because they're the tradition, or do you really not care one way or the other?
    I don't really care about traditions - if something works, use it. It doesn't matter how long it's been used.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

I'm not so sure traditions is a good way to discern one way or another. My ISTJ friend for example doesn't particularly care about the majority of traditions in society (he shares my pessimism about people and society in general). However, he does have routine of his own that he follows. It's nowhere near as rigid as the SJ descriptions might lead you to believe. He also dislikes work, and would much rather play, but in clear contrast to me, he actually does work. He has a job, does his homework at times other than right before the class it's due, and has a work ethic. However, he can still become distracted, especially when he knows he can finish the work later. He also takes good care of his car, and spends quite a bit of time on it. Time unnecessary just to keep it running well and looking decent. He's also fairly dependable, if he says he's going to do something, he'll probably do it, and is a loyal friend. (oops, I went a bit on a tangent here, time to go back on topic) If he perceives a tradition as not being useful, then he won't do it. He doesn't care about tradition for traditions sake, but in how useful they are. This is in contrast with me, and other P friends I have, who have little respect for tradition at all, unless they're fun (distinction between fun and useful). He is less likely to question tradition though. Unless it's blatantly getting in his way, he'll probably go along, but he won't have an attachment to it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't really care about traditions - if something works, use it. It doesn't matter how long it's been used.
    ISTP. Learned some good J values from parents, making you more balanced.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    I'm not so sure traditions is a good way to discern one way or another. My ISTJ friend for example doesn't particularly care about the majority of traditions in society (he shares my pessimism about people and society in general). However, he does have routine of his own that he follows. It's nowhere near as rigid as the SJ descriptions might lead you to believe. He also dislikes work, and would much rather play, but in clear contrast to me, he actually does work. He has a job, does his homework at times other than right before the class it's due, and has a work ethic. However, he can still become distracted, especially when he knows he can finish the work later. He also takes good care of his car, and spends quite a bit of time on it. Time unnecessary just to keep it running well and looking decent. He's also fairly dependable, if he says he's going to do something, he'll probably do it, and is a loyal friend. (oops, I went a bit on a tangent here, time to go back on topic) If he perceives a tradition as not being useful, then he won't do it. He doesn't care about tradition for traditions sake, but in how useful they are. This is in contrast with me, and other P friends I have, who have little respect for tradition at all, unless they're fun (distinction between fun and useful). He is less likely to question tradition though. Unless it's blatantly getting in his way, he'll probably go along, but he won't have an attachment to it.

ISTJs are generally at least somewhat averse to straying from the by-the-book path.

thechosenone: Do you tend to read the directions for things or just jump in and figure it out yourself with little/no regard for standard procedure?