• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alright...

Voxx

I was inspired by Santtu's comment in this post to finally start my own "What's my type?" thread. I was thinking of adding numerous posts to this site, so I could be typed based on my speech alone, but I just wasn't up to it.

BTW, I haven't visited this site since last August (I joined in July), so lack of participation accounts for my pathetic post count.

***​

For the time being, I don't have any friends. I also don't go out of my way to make friends with people. I can't blame shyness for this anymore because I don't have anything to fear, I'm just not interested. After moving from one town to another when I was fifteen, I lost touch with all my former friends. Even though I liked them when I knew them, (I exchanged phone #'s with several particular girls) we never kept in touch, becuase I didn't want to act 'clingy'. Of course I made friends after I moved, but I felt like I had to please them all the time in order to stay friends with them. I hated that very much, so we went our seperate ways after highschool.

I spent a lot of time alone during my childhood, however, I liked spending time with my two female cousins (lots of sleepovers, outings, ect.) I also think that I was a lot more extraverted when I was younger (I laughed a lot, had 'groups' of friends, etc.), but over time I grew out of that phase. I used to be friends with one girl in particular (we would fight like hornets) and after a while I hated being around her. Never had any great experiences during gradeschool.

I have always been more emotionally attached to my mother than my father. From the time I was six to eight years old, my mother would work evenings and either my father or my friend's mother would look after me. My relationship with my friend was quite strained (we would consistently walk on eggshells with eachother) and my father lived in front of a computer screen. His fascination with video games and music led to my love for both mediums. Music makes me fantasize like crazy. Whenever I fantasized when I was younger, I would imagine myself in a world which was an amalgamation of video games and televison shows (mainly cartoons) where I would interact with my favorite characters. This habit has embarassingly led me to develop an innate preference (romantically) for fictional characters. I rarely get crushes on real people. It's strange, but for some reason I find fictional characters (depending on the show/game) to be more attractive than real people. Speaking of which, I have never had a boyfriend, been asked out, asked anyone out, or dated anyone in real life.

I am spiritual (I beleive in God, higher beings, etc.), but I do not follow any religion in particular. I don't find neither atheism or spirituality harming in any way, I just would like to believe that I live for a purpose, and that I am not just another 'warm body' existing on the face of the earth.

Thanks for reading.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Based on the degree of your ability to fantasize, I would say you are most likely an "N", not an "S".

E/I has more to do with if you look for stimulation outside of yourself vs inside your head, not necessarily how many friends you had or how much you talk. If you were content living a fantasy life in your head, I would say you are more likely an "I"

And answer questions in accordance with how you were between the ages of 8-22 since that is when your core type was developing.

The J/P divide has mostly to do with how much you NEEDED closure. I am a J and I like to decide and plan things ahead of time. It makes me uncomfortable when I can't have closure... when I have to wait to make a final decision or wait until the last minute, or don't have time to plan at all, it makes me uncomfortable. A "P" would prefer to leave their options open as long as possible.

T/F is tougher to describe.

Last edited:

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Could you explain how you dediced this? It's not that I don't think you are right I was just wondering how you reached this conclusion :)

deleted
Doesn't have any friends, pretty much said, easily and introvert. N is obvious because of fantasy life. Any S prefers the realistic. F is really obvious as you're talking about relationships as if that is all that matters to a personality. Well done, that's clear. The P is a bit tougher. I don't know if you're a male or female, nonetheless your fantasies are reminiscent of an INFP and you don't talk a lot about standards. You sound like a self-changer, close to P, as Js tend to be world-changers (in preference only). Meanwhile your writing structure resembles an INFP. INFP? Probably.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Doesn't have any friends, pretty much said, easily and introvert. N is obvious because of fantasy life. Any S prefers the realistic. F is really obvious as you're talking about relationships as if that is all that matters to a personality. Well done, that's clear. The P is a bit tougher. I don't know if you're a male or female, nonetheless your fantasies are reminiscent of an INFP and you don't talk a lot about standards. You sound like a self-changer, close to P, as Js tend to be world-changers (in preference only). Meanwhile your writing structure resembles an INFP. INFP? Probably.

Very interesting, I never really correlated fantasies to just being an N would do. Thanks for explaining :D

deleted
The fantasy life is specific, however I am at most sure about the I and F. I sense a strong preference towards Ne and Si in the description. A strong preference of Ne although isn't the usual case for the ISFJ. INFP seems like the logical designation. Fi can be quite hidden, cough, cough... but I can see it clearly in you words.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
INFP without reading the OP.

That's right 9/10 times in this section.

Voxx

And answer questions in accordance with how you were between the ages of 8-22 since that is when your core type was developing.

I'm nineteen. I was originally going to post my various test scores, but I didn't want any biased answers. Here they are, anyway.

The first MBTI/Jungian test that I have ever taken was taken when I was either 15 or 16 years old. I think that it was the shortest Jungian-based test on similarminds.com. My result was INFJ.
A few years later I took the (who you are, who you want to be, who you want) test an similarminds and scored as either an ISTP or an ISTJ. Took the same test about a week ago, and scored as an INTP. I also score as an INTP on the MyPersonality test. For the humanmetrics test, I score as ISTJ and ISFJ, scoring very, very low on the T and J preferences (1% each) and 19% for F when I get it.
When I take lemon's test, I score as an ISFP. For the 'Interesting Test' that Ezra posted, the first time (providing one answer per question) I scored as an INFP. The second time, I gave two answers for each question, and scored as an ISFP. Then when I figured out that you don't have to provide answers for all of the questions, I came out as an IXFP. Basically, I've coverd the entire I spectrum, except for type INTJ.

I usually face great difficulty answering the test questions, especially when there are two answers for each question. I just cannot answer some of the questions, no matter how much introspecting I do, so I usually think that I might be selecting the wrong answer.

It's interesting that you say that the core type develops from age 8 to 22. I still fantasize yes, but not anywhere near as much as I used to. Over the past two years, I would have to say that my S and N functions have been fighting like crazy, the same goes for my J and P functions. Although I enjoy fantasizing very much, I just can't do it like I used to. Fits of depression could be the cause of this dilemma, or maybe my S has taken over my N?

I say this, because after reading the descriptions of the various types (particularly in Keirsey's Please Understand Me II) I have noticed that I have been taking on some of the SJ guardian tendencies as of late, (punctuality, keeping track of time, paranoia, etc.), however, I do not make lists, check them off, join any organizations, perform any community service, go out of my way to help others, etc. I've also considered the ISFP (on one website, I actually related to the description quite well), but when I read about Keirsey's profile description, I couldn't relate very much. If I go by functions alone, the I/E and J/P descriptions are easy enough to understand, but the N/S and F/T are a bit more of a crapshoot. I can relate to the N and F functions based on past behavior, but not so much at the moment (past few years).

I don't know if this will change anyone's opinion or not, I just thought that it was worth mentioning anyway.

Voxx

When you say 3/4 chance INFP, are you indicating that: you read approximately 75% of what I wrote, 3 out of 4 posters say that I'm an INFP (so you think that's the type), or that 3 out of the four letters of my type are confirmed from your perspective, but the last one cannot be confirmed?

If it's the latter, which function are you referring to exactly?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Definitely INxx.

You seem like you could be an INFJ, but I don't know enough to say that you're not an INFP. Plus, I'm kind of skeptical about typing people as my own type.

So read this, and tell me if you seem more Ti and Fe, or more Fi and Te. Also, try to think about J/P and tell me which one seems more like your approach in general. Do you prefer structure in your life, or do you prefer things to be open-ended and in flux?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
When you say 3/4 chance INFP, are you indicating that: you read approximately 75% of what I wrote, 3 out of 4 posters say that I'm an INFP (so you think that's the type), or that 3 out of the four letters of my type are confirmed from your perspective, but the last one cannot be confirmed?

If it's the latter, which function are you referring to exactly?
None of the above. Apparent temperament.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
ISFP dinosaur would have thought, maybe INFP.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm nineteen. I was originally going to post my various test scores, but I didn't want any biased answers. Here they are, anyway.

The first MBTI/Jungian test that I have ever taken was taken when I was either 15 or 16 years old. I think that it was the shortest Jungian-based test on similarminds.com. My result was INFJ.
A few years later I took the (who you are, who you want to be, who you want) test an similarminds and scored as either an ISTP or an ISTJ. Took the same test about a week ago, and scored as an INTP. I also score as an INTP on the MyPersonality test. For the humanmetrics test, I score as ISTJ and ISFJ, scoring very, very low on the T and J preferences (1% each) and 19% for F when I get it.
When I take lemon's test, I score as an ISFP. For the 'Interesting Test' that Ezra posted, the first time (providing one answer per question) I scored as an INFP. The second time, I gave two answers for each question, and scored as an ISFP. Then when I figured out that you don't have to provide answers for all of the questions, I came out as an IXFP. Basically, I've coverd the entire I spectrum, except for type INTJ.

I usually face great difficulty answering the test questions, especially when there are two answers for each question. I just cannot answer some of the questions, no matter how much introspecting I do, so I usually think that I might be selecting the wrong answer.

It's interesting that you say that the core type develops from age 8 to 22. I still fantasize yes, but not anywhere near as much as I used to. Over the past two years, I would have to say that my S and N functions have been fighting like crazy, the same goes for my J and P functions. Although I enjoy fantasizing very much, I just can't do it like I used to. Fits of depression could be the cause of this dilemma, or maybe my S has taken over my N?

I say this, because after reading the descriptions of the various types (particularly in Keirsey's Please Understand Me II) I have noticed that I have been taking on some of the SJ guardian tendencies as of late, (punctuality, keeping track of time, paranoia, etc.), however, I do not make lists, check them off, join any organizations, perform any community service, go out of my way to help others, etc. I've also considered the ISFP (on one website, I actually related to the description quite well), but when I read about Keirsey's profile description, I couldn't relate very much. If I go by functions alone, the I/E and J/P descriptions are easy enough to understand, but the N/S and F/T are a bit more of a crapshoot. I can relate to the N and F functions based on past behavior, but not so much at the moment (past few years).

I don't know if this will change anyone's opinion or not, I just thought that it was worth mentioning anyway.
Just to let you know, I have never found those similarminds tests to be very accurate.

Voxx

So read this, and tell me if you seem more Ti and Fe, or more Fi and Te. Also, try to think about J/P and tell me which one seems more like your approach in general. Do you prefer structure in your life, or do you prefer things to be open-ended and in flux?

I can most definitely identify with the Ti, the Fe is not as damatically apparent, but I can still notice it's presence regardless.

As for the J and P functions, when I think about it, I have to go with P. If anything, I'm a J wannabe. Even though I have been interested in specific careers in the past, I still don't know what I want to do with my life, I just want to see what happens, I think that everything will eventually 'come together', I don't want to grow up, etc.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can most definitely identify with the Ti, the Fe is not as damatically apparent, but I can still notice it's presence regardless.

As for the J and P functions, when I think about it, I have to go with P. If anything, I'm a J wannabe. Even though I have been interested in specific careers in the past, I still don't know what I want to do with my life, I just want to see what happens, I think that everything will eventually 'come together', I don't want to grow up, etc.

Hmm... interesting. This could point towards INTP, although you seem more F.

You could also just be in a "P" phase.