• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

AAARRRGGGHHH.

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
Yo folks. So, here's the deal.

Right now I'm a very sad panda because I had a lengthy introduction/self-description typed up (wanted you guys to type me) and had it in the preview window, then in my caffeine-induced absentminded rush I SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER WITHOUT HITTING SUBMIT. Hence the title of this thread. So I'm going to write a brand-spanking-new biased self-descriptive rant which will hopefully benefit from the first which has most regrettably passed away.

To start, I'm a 1st-year college student (I'm sitting in comp security foundations class right now) who was first majoring in Computer Security, but then switched to Game Design because that shit seemed boring. I've been wanting to design games since I was but a youngling. When I got my first computer at age 10 my parents could hardly pry me away from the thing. I've been a tech nerd ever since. I quickly started half-finishing text adventures, RPG's, and proof-of-concept type games. Right now I'm working on a satirical online world for the game Neverwinter Nights (it has a toolset for you to make your own stuff). I also like philosophy, psychology, roleplaying, and technology. I like talking about that sort of thing, but most people don't get it or just aren't interested.

Socially, most of my friends would say I'm pretty outgoing, but I'd say otherwise. I can be a social animal for a few days, then I need a day or two of zoning out to defrag my brain. When I'm in zone-out mode, I can't seem to think and I can't kick myself back into go-getter mode, either. I hate that I can't be full of energy all the time, and avoid social contact whilst defragging. Being in unfamiliar situations or around people I want to impress is apt to engage me. In these cases I act according to sort of an idealized self-image. Until I need to recharge again I'm smart, funny, crazy, and daring.

Most people would say I'm pretty negative, and I can see where they're coming from. But most of my negativity isn't emo moping but rather comes in the form of pitch-black humor. My INTP friend said I have the darkest sense of humor of anyone he's ever met (and INTP humor is pretty dark!). I am a definite realist and I know that the world can be a cold, impersonal place but I don't usually let it drag me down.

I graduated valedictorian (1st in class) in high school, and I'm relatively smart (120-130 IQ?) but it was mostly out of habit. My school had low standards and getting the high marks wasn't very stressful, so I just rolled with it. I was a lazy bastard, really. I would whip up assignments just before class started, cram for tests, and cheat where I had to. Given I was pretty laid back about the whole thing, it was pretty funny to watch the other top-of-class "smart kids" work their asses off to keep up with me and start rumors about how I was going to get a B- in such-and-such class.

Yes, I'm laid back about it, but I DO set high standards for myself. I like to be smart. I like to be funny. I like to be successful. I like to be the best. If I can't be any of these, I don't freak out, but I won't enjoy myself or hold much pride in what I do (for example, I work at a department store and it's not exactly something I excel at. I don't like my job and consequently am pretty unmotivated). I have GOALS, but they're vague and I work toward them on an unconscious level. I like to LEAD, but I don't like people to know it. It's a guilty pleasure. If a leader needs to volunteer for a group project, I'll wait 5 seconds to make sure no one else is gung-ho about doing it, then mock-hesitantly say, "I guess I'll do it." I like projects to move according to my vision, and if someone is doing a bad job of leading I'd end up arguing with them and pointing them in my direction anyway. This only goes for my subjects of interest. I wouldn't try to lead a project at work because I don't find retail interesting.

I have a very short attention span. I have trouble concentrating. I tire of activities quickly. But I'm an expert multi-tasker provided I'm feeling energetic.

I figure that's enough to form a guess. If I posted this in the wrong place, you have any questions before you form a guess, or want me to know I'm an arrogant bastard for expecting you to sift through a mountain of text to type someone who just walked through the door, don't hesitate.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Kind of a Kanye West thing going on, 'swhy I said ESFJ.

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4

What is that supposed to mean and what do you base it on? :p My dialect alone ("Yo folks")?

EDIT: PS, I'll reveal what most tests type me as after I get more guesses.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Eh...I'd go ExTP really. Why ESFJ? Study habits scream P, dark humour tell me T, unless you think he's not being honest.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Ahhh, your post amuses me greatly! It has energy!

I'm not really one for typing people online, all we have it what they say about themselves which varies depending on their mood or how their self-esteem or confidence is or what the catalyst for finding your type. The venerable Jack Flak has christened you ESFJ, but don't listen to him because he bases his typings of people on whether or not they agree with him, laugh at his "jokes", or call him on his bullshit or not. You may or may not be an ESFJ, but I encourage you to read this Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type before asking for input.

I have to watch your strategic use of CAPITALIZING RANDOM sentences and words and italicizing, bolding, and underlining. Smileys are hit or miss so I don't trust those. I'll go as far to say ExFx. Welcome to the forums!:hi:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Note the commonality here between proteanmix and TehJimbo.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whatever you are, welcome ;)

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
Ahhh, your post amuses me greatly! It has energy!

I'm not really one for typing people online, all we have it what they say about themselves which varies depending on their mood or how their self-esteem or confidence is or what the catalyst for finding your type. The venerable Jack Flak has christened you ESFJ, but don't listen to him because he bases his typings of people on whether or not they agree with him, laugh at his "jokes", or call him on his bullshit or not. You may or may not be an ESFJ, but I encourage you to read this Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type before asking for input.

I have to watch your strategic use of CAPITALIZING RANDOM sentences and words and italicizing, bolding, and underlining. Smileys are hit or miss so I don't trust those. I'll go as far to say ExFx. Welcome to the forums!:hi:

Yup, right now I'm in a pretty amazing mood. Otherwise my post probably would have been shorter and duller. Take that into account. By the way, what is your type?

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4

Yo yo bitches I type as ENTP. I'z LOW on da E but high on the other three.

Sorry, but unintentional rhyming + prior Kanye West reference = shitty rap attempt. It had to be done. This is law.

Anyway, I could see ENTJ, INTP, or ENFP but ESFJ is a no-chancer.

Enneagram, I most often type 3w4(sx), though I see a little bit of myself in 3, 4, 6, and 7.

I got impatient with waiting for input, so I had to prematurely blow it... so to speak.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
INTJ.

It was between ENTJ, INTJ, and INFP, but I'm gonna go with INTJ. You have that Te in you.

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
I could see INTJ. Actually, I typed INTJ on the first MBTI-ripoff test I took (similarminds) but I think it might've been because I was in emo mode.

You have that Te in you.
Hmm. How about I functionally assess myself.
Based on these descriptions:
Introverted extraverted
Sensing Enjoy thinking Enjoy doing
iNtuition Creative thought Creative expression
Thinking Logically organise thoughts Logically organise people/situations
Feeling Feel appreciation for others Express appreciation for others

Si: Bad
Se: Bad
Ni: Good
Ne: Good
Ti: Good
Te: Medium
Fi: Bad
Fe: Good

If your guess changes based on my future posts, go ahead and let me know.

Edit: Actually, I don't really "logically organize my thoughts" at all, though I piece together small chunks of information I've picked up to guess the big picture. I'm also good at analyzing abstract concepts to ensure they make sense-- for example, when I play DnD (lol) and I read about the spell "summon weapon" (its use is self-descriptive), I immediately questioned why I couldn't summon, say, a key or a ray gun or a giant spatula. I questioned what mechanic of the spell would restrict the type of items summonable to weapons, or better yet, what really distinguishes a weapon from any other scrap of wood and metal and why would the distinguishing factor (shape?) make any practical difference on the implementation of the spell for the caster, if there is any at all?

Last edited: