• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP, ENFP, INTP?

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm, like, 85% sure that I'm an NF. Except...I'm can also be calculated...
I used to be *very* F, but a lot of therapy has taught me to compensate with facts and logic and planning and *thinking*. But, I've always loved things like building stuff and structures and web programing and geometry and (some) sciences. I've also always loved arts and crafts. So, is that T or F?

My point is, my scores on the mbti tests tend to go something like this
I-54% E-46%
N-80% S-20%
F-60% T-40%
P-60% J-40%

Are we seeing where the problem is coming in? There are several personality profiles that kinda fit me, and the ENFP/INFP ones fit me the best, but still not fantastically.

So, am I some kind of mutant? Or have I simply learned to strengthen my weaker functions? I feel like, only being in my mid-twenties, such a feat of well-roundedness should be nearly impossible, like the tests must be wrong. I say that because Kirksey, in her book, says all the types should be working toward being the most even, to try to achieve a near 50% on everything, that a good personality isn't in extremes. I think...I am quite flawed, I hardly think that N should be the only one I really need to work on balancing. So, it makes me wonder if I'm taking the tests wrong, or don't know myself (maybe I'm *too* introspective and can't see the truth). Could I just be an ambivert? Am I over thinking this? Should I just accept that there's something good about me and move on?

I would very much like to find *something* some title or description or single word that I could say "oh, yeah, that's *definitely* me, but it doesn't seem like it's going to ever happen.

Responses/advice/comments are quite welcome.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I 'sound' very ENFP to me but it's a complete hunch.. I'm sure you'll get used to my theories that are basically based on nothing and then my trying to BS my way around them hahaha... anyway my two cents!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What were you like before you started adjusting?

I had someone who tested almost 50% on 3 functions on the short tests online. She "tested" as a very weak ENFP. She is an ENFJ.

Read the descriptions and see what fits what you were like before you started trying to develop ways to modify yourself. (not what you want to be)

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
hmm, when I was a child I probably would have tested ENFJ/P (lol, very ADHD, had to take meds for it, tended to wander off, was late to *everything*, thought the best stuff were the things with the most colors in them, would talk to everyone at 60 miles a minute, got bored easily with friends and would wander off to sit by myself in the closet for hours, loved art and science, tended to wander around the school yard making up stories and muttering to myself, liked to collect shiny things, very smart, very spirited, wanted to *save* everything, was known for going out in rain storms to pick up the worms in the gutter so they wouldn't drown), in my teens I tested INFJ (hardly talked, scribbled in note pads a lot, would freak out about breaking the rules, very very specific in my language use, definitely ocd, was distrustful of everyone, very smart, very abstract, willing to argue every point, thought everything I thought was right, had a thousand judgment opinions on everyone, was very secretive, usually only had one or two friends, never felt like I fit in, did a lot of community service, very intuitive and spiritually aware, didn't feel peer pressure but was terrified of people getting mad at me). Now I'm....a lot like I was as a kid, minus the opinions about everyone's value.

The *problem* with that is that I'm from a dysfunctional home, and both my parents are high Js, so there's no guarantee that most of my youth didn't show me as part shadow of my true personality. I also had untreated clinical depression until about half-way through college (which I *know* will change a person's personality).

Could I just be an xNFP?
So, what do you all think?

btw, when I took the test in the book Please Understand me II the only definitive thing I got was that I'm an NF.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ from WHAT she said or HOW she said it?

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
hmm, did I mention that I *don't* dominate (or talk much) in work meetings and I *don't* like going to clubs and I *don't* like being in large (bigger than 5) groups and I *suck* at small talk? People don't energize me, they wear me out. And, I thought ENFPs dealt with peer pressure. That's never really been trouble for me. I need *a lot* of rejuvenation/alone time. More than probably anyone else I know right now. I'm not the life of the party, you'll never see me jumping on a table (reference to my brother at parties there), or flirting with all the boys (reference to my sister at parties there). I actually...am not quite sure *how* to flirt. Could it be I just don't know *what* the real difference between extrovert and introvert is?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
If you know you're I, then why are we having this conversation?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
to me...you're writing style seems enfp but not necessarily everything you said...but i'm no expert.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
*laughs* because I'm also more outgoing and talkative and have a more dominant personality than any I description I've heard. *rolls eyes* lol, duh!

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
erin, how does my writing style seem enfp?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Babe you betta listen... don't let the avatar fool you... and yea you do type ENFP.. Don't expect me to explain why as that would include me writing more than two lines and my concentration just can't take the pace :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
stream of consciousness posts. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
like you have no idea what you're about to say until you've said it...haha

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
erin, hmmmmmmm, that may....be....true...

Darn, that means I'm going to have to change my little type thingy again aren't I?

.........but what if I don't *want* to be ENFP? You don't exactly hear a lot of good things about them (except that they're sexy...which I *wish* I were) from the other personality types (except maybe infps) and I already have stress enough wondering if I'm a freak and everyone secretly hates me....

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey...people happen to like me damn it...haha
and if they don't i'm sure i'd barely notice anyway wearin my cool rose colored shades around like i do...embrace it babe it's cool...and i'm not in any way some loud extravert like you might be thinkin.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
hey...people happen to like me damn it...haha
YEAH RIGHT LOL
and if they don't i'm sure i'd barely notice anyway wearin my cool rose colored shades around like i do...embrace it babe it's cool...and i'm not in any way some loud extravert like you might be thinkin.
HAHAHAHA