• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ? ENTP?

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Help! I almost always come up as being an ENTJ on the tests with a low J, but I fit both of the descriptions fairly well. When I was 16 I decided to become a lawyer. I am a good student, but I only do homework if I need it to get an A in the class. I haven't done Math homework for 3 years, and most of my teachers are very subjective and give me As because I am a vocal and likeable student. They tell me that "class participation works wonders." I am an outstanding student in all areas other than foreign language and biology.

I work in a law firm as a legal assistant and I also work with 12-16 year old girls in my old youth group. In the law firm I am in charge of generating the organizational systems, and I deal with some of the clients. I have a lot of acquaintances and I am a very friendly person. I am very argumentative, and I love to engage in debates. I change position just for fun, and I do tend to win, but I enjoy learning from a loss. In games and competitions, I HATE to lose, and I will be the first to tell you that I am a poor loser. I am jokingly cocky with people I am close with, but I am not an arrogant person and I tend to dislike most NTs my age because of the extreme arrogance.

ESxJs hate me most of the time, but almost all others like me. I am laid back for the most part, but when I am looking forward to a plan and it gets canceled I can be known to throw a mild internal fit, and I make the plan go back into action. (That tends to only happen with my family.) I am a horrible cleaner. Big slob.

My sense of humor is really random, and I’m known as being eccentric and off the wall. I love having conceptual conversation and I can talk with other Ns for hours at a time. I am into photography, and I have shot a couple of weddings and some events for my church.

My main friends are INTJs, INFJs, ENFJs, ISTPs, INFPs, ESFPs and ENFPs if that means anything. Ask me anything. Sorry I babbled.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'd say ur type is 'unholy hybrid'.
It's kinda cool really.

As a guy always testing at 100% P, I sometimes wish I could have a little more J with all the others wonderful entp perks.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd say ur type is 'unholy hybrid'.
It's kinda cool really.

As a guy always testing at 100% P, I sometimes wish I could have a little more J with all the others wonderful entp perks.

My dad and brother are also impossible to peg. They are both INTXs. We are all very similar. It's pretty cool.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, and if it helps I am an ennagram 1w2 but I scored almost equally high in 3 and 8 and I did in the one.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I just don't get what's the question here ^^
a pure entp and a pure entj will be pretty different but pure types are pretty rare anyway.

ENTPs have a leader thing but it seems to be more people than efficiency oriented.
You seem to be more of an entj in your professional environment, and more of an entp around friends.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I just don't get what's the question here ^^
a pure entp and a pure entj will be pretty different but pure types are pretty rare anyway.

ENTPs have a leader thing but it seems to be more people than efficiency oriented.
You seem to be more of an entj in your professional environment, and more of an entp around friends.

That is what I think I am too, but I was hoping someone with better knowledge of the system could help peg me.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What's wrong with ENTX ?

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
What's wrong with ENTX ?

Nothing. And I have a very firm grasp on the system, so I was probably correct without creating this thread. Thanks for the help.

Any more opinions would be appreciated.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Post a sentence in the manner of stream of consciousness

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
If you are interested you should take the time to figure it out.

Have you looked at it how you were before you started adjusting? What you were like as a kid and how you interacted with the world.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dont await an explanation but from my feeling I would say ISFJ / INTP.

Definitly not ENTP.

Maybe ENTJ, but ENTJ is the best partner for ISFJ and so it would make sense that you do wishful-typing.

I would say ISFJ.

G

garbage

I am laid back for the most part, but when I am looking forward to a plan and it gets canceled I can be known to throw a mild internal fit, and I make the plan go back into action. (That tends to only happen with my family.) I am a horrible cleaner. Big slob.

This sounds pretty "maturing J" to me. Most everything else you said could describe both ENTP and ENTJ.

Chiming in with those who ask what you were like as a kid.. that's important. Before you stopped doing math homework, were you usually more punctual and dutiful with your homework?

I'm one who doesn't put too much effort into school anymore because I learned that I could get by very well without doing so.. but I used to be much more rigorous with my studies. Rather than laziness, I've "devolved" due to practicality and efficiency. If that sounds like you, you might be a J!

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
When I was really little I was a pain in the ass ENTJ kid, but my ESFJ mother turned me into an INxP, and I stayed that way until I was about 15 or 16. Then I started mock trial and I had a cut throat ENTx coach and I had an internship in the local court house with the Judges and Facilitators, and that gave me the opportunity to become and ENT again. Think that I grew in my work ethic, but I held on to the P I fostered as a kid.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
When I was really little I was a pain in the ass ENTJ kid, but my ESFJ mother turned me into an INxP, and I stayed that way until I was about 15 or 16. Then I started mock trial and I had a cut throat ENTx coach and I had an internship in the local court house with the Judges and Facilitators, and that gave me the opportunity to become and ENT again. Think that I grew in my work ethic, but I held on to the P I fostered as a kid.

I think before you can surely make out who you are you have to get rid of foreign words and use your own. "I was a real ENT like when I was a child" really is the wrong way.

I wish you the best of luck and give you the advice not to get involved too much into it or you will loose track of reality. This again would make you a very good INTP :)

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Dont await an explanation but from my feeling I would say ISFJ / INTP.

Definitly not ENTP.

Maybe ENTJ, but ENTJ is the best partner for ISFJ and so it would make sense that you do wishful-typing.

I would say ISFJ.

No shot in hell I'm an SJ or an F. I am a very rational person, and I am strongest in intuition. The E/I is debatable, but I am more of an extravert. If I was an ISFJ my mother and I wouldn't get along as poorly as we do.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have to go to bed now, its 3 am here, otherwise I would like talking to you more now.

But think about what you are saying. Read your own words. "No shot in hell I'm an SJ or an F.". Everyone is a unique person, there will NEVER be one like an F. You cant actually use the functions to describe people, you have to find out a way to do it in your own words. And if you have reached that level of understanding, then you will be ACTUALLY able to type yourself. Before that its just textbook knowledge..

cu later

G

garbage

I think before you can surely make out who you are you have to get rid of foreign words and use your own. "I was a real ENT like when I was a child" really is the wrong way.

Yeah, I agree.

You probably need to give examples of specific behaviors rather than what type they might signify.. because some patterns of behavior are more significant than others.

Your posts in general do sound more like ENTJ than ENTP to me, but then this forum is just one environment and you could be ENTP overall..

Also, here's a thread that might be of interest.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have to go to bed now, its 3 am here, otherwise I would like talking to you more now.

But think about what you are saying. Read your own words. "No shot in hell I'm an SJ or an F.". Everyone is a unique person, there will NEVER be one like an F. You cant actually use the functions to describe people, you have to find out a way to do it in your own words. And if you have reached that level of understanding, then you will be ACTUALLY able to type yourself. Before that its just textbook knowledge..

cu later

You are saying that you can't type yourself, but then you are saying that you can. What?!? I do understand that there is no individual that is an exact fit for a personality type, and I also understand that you have to be very introspective to know yourself so you can type yourself, but MBTI is a tool to help with self exploration and assessment. It is a method of breaking something that is intangible down into tangible means for the assessment that is needed for growth. I know who I am, and I know that I am and NT at the very least.

I have no idea how you can say that I am a ISFJ and an INTP. They are so different from one another. I am positive that I am an ENT, and I am simply looking for help on the last function since it is so close to being in the middle.

Thank you for your help.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
"after careful consideration": The way you express yourself says ENTJ.

enjoy