• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ? ENTP?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
do you think of your ambition as a straight line or a maze?

Do you think its a free world or an ordered structured world.

Do you work to be productive or work for a personal gain.

Do you hate procrastination or enjoyed it?

In the end, only you can type yourself. If others give ypou BS, believe in yourself not in their words.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I can be a blowhard and a striaght dick at times, but I am a P because i can't stand excessive flattery and toadyism. But this is just me.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
do you think of your ambition as a straight line or a maze?

Do you think its a free world or an ordered structured world.

Do you work to be productive or work for a personal gain.

Do you hate procrastination or enjoyed it?

In the end, only you can type yourself. If others give you BS, believe in yourself not in their words.

I make plans for the future, but I am very free in my day to day plans. I know that I want to be a Lawyer, but I have interests in so many subject, so I have no idea what path I am going to take to get there.

I think that it is a free world, and I know that I can't control the actions of anyone but myself, even though I try to persuade other's to my way of thinking.

I tend to work because I have to. I can't handle working in a job where I would be folding things or making drinks for hours. The job I have now is the lesser of two repetitive evils, and it will help get me to my final destination of being a lawyer sooner. So in short, I guess for personal gain, but I'm good at it. :)

I am ok when I do it, and I only do it when no one is depending on me, but I must confess that I struggle with other's procrastination when it affects me.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
more questions:

you see a fine line dividing work and play or do you not see it?

do you fear failure or do you enjoy it?

how many hours do you work everyday?

You wish your boss is a perciever or a judger?

Are you patient or not?

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
more questions:

you see a fine line dividing work and play or do you not see it?

do you fear failure or do you enjoy it?

how many hours do you work everyday?

You wish your boss is a perciever or a judger?

Are you patient or not?

I am very playful at my job and we joke a lot. We listen to Abba all day and I make random metal sculptures out of paperclips for the one attorney that doesn't work while I am there. She has a very sizable pile. I have the ability to see when humor is inappropriate, but other than that I tend to be a clown if I am in a comfortable environment. Other than that I tend to be fairly formal when you first meet me.

I defiantly fear failure. That is one of the only things, if not the only thing, in life that I truly fear.

This semester I go to school about 31 hours a week and then I work 8 hours at the law firm. Then my brother works at the local Starbucks and everyone there jokes that I might as well be an employee because I start conversations with everyone, and all of the regulars know me as if I were staff.

I need for my boss to be an N above all things because I hate needless rules. After that I think that I like Js. I like for people to have very high expectations from me. My current employers are all NJs, and they expect a lot out of me. I love to rise to the occasion.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I am Te and Ni, so I have the functions of an ENTJ, and I have always been aware that it did fit me better, but the ENTP profile fits me when I am in social situations. I am an ENTJ, but if someone poses a valid arguement that I could be an other type then I would be interested in exploring that idea.

And when I say valid, I don't mean, I feel that you give of this vibe, or "Your religous, your an ESTJ!!!!"

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
By work i mean not how long you go to work. but how long you do you work productively.

A Te person cvould work 10hrs from day to night straight without feeling fatigue.

a P however, would feel really producyitive if he spend 15 minutes working and call it a day. Ps have really erratic and flexible working hours.

ENTJs would seek work and play as Black and whilte. Theyt would think I must get my work done first before I play. whereas ENTP would probalby mix the two together or destroy the work if the work is kill joy.

Also patience has alot with being a P. P's are more patient with solving problems and findinf different routes anbd different results, whereas a J would want to get straoight to the result.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I was a P, and when I started filing for 4 hours a day two years ago at the court house I gained a bit of mental strength. It kills my mind to do that work because it is so routine, but I am more than capable of doing it. I think that I have developed into a slight J. If I enjoy a task, or if it has to do with studying, I can do if for hours at a time with no problem.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
You could be a low P or a low J if you want a definite answer, or a mix. But we have to see long term like 8-10 years to find out the long term pattern which you are comfrotabhle with. Then perhaps. you will know which side of the fence you are oriented on.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Now you see my predicament. :) Thank you for your help.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
One more thing, do you hate your parents? Are your parents strongly J or strongly P?

My parents are strongly J, and I deeply resented this. This is perhapts why I become a dominant P.

Often we have an ortinetation that is opposite to our upbringing.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
My dad is on the edge. He is the same as me, and I think there is a slight J there, so he is an INTJ. My mom is a super ESFJ, and the relationship is a bit strained. I love both of them, but I am close to my dad, and I think I am incapable of cleaning because I resent my mom's tendancies.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Help! I almost always come up as being an ENTJ on the tests with a low J, but I fit both of the descriptions fairly well. When I was 16 I decided to become a lawyer. I am a good student, but I only do homework if I need it to get an A in the class. I haven't done Math homework for 3 years, and most of my teachers are very subjective and give me As because I am a vocal and likeable student. They tell me that "class participation works wonders." I am an outstanding student in all areas other than foreign language and biology.

I work in a law firm as a legal assistant and I also work with 12-16 year old girls in my old youth group. In the law firm I am in charge of generating the organizational systems, and I deal with some of the clients. I have a lot of acquaintances and I am a very friendly person. I am very argumentative, and I love to engage in debates. I change position just for fun, and I do tend to win, but I enjoy learning from a loss. In games and competitions, I HATE to lose, and I will be the first to tell you that I am a poor loser. I am jokingly cocky with people I am close with, but I am not an arrogant person and I tend to dislike most NTs my age because of the extreme arrogance.

ESxJs hate me most of the time, but almost all others like me. I am laid back for the most part, but when I am looking forward to a plan and it gets canceled I can be known to throw a mild internal fit, and I make the plan go back into action. (That tends to only happen with my family.) I am a horrible cleaner. Big slob.

My sense of humor is really random, and I’m known as being eccentric and off the wall. I love having conceptual conversation and I can talk with other Ns for hours at a time. I am into photography, and I have shot a couple of weddings and some events for my church.

My main friends are INTJs, INFJs, ENFJs, ISTPs, INFPs, ESFPs and ENFPs if that means anything. Ask me anything. Sorry I babbled.

You sound kind of ENTP. NTJs as a rule don't tend to exercise their (impressive) debate abilities unless they see a larger purpose for it. They are dominant Te and thus are most focused on outwardly improving the efficiency of the systems in the world around them. The playing devil's advocate and switching sides just for fun sounds pretty NTP-style playful, though.

I would ask: do you like strategy games, even if you're bad at them/can't see a purpose for spending a lot of time on them? Many ENTs of both types are vocally poor losers, but NTJs are especially annoyed if you beat them by using what they consider to be poor strategy. They're more attached to their ideas of what the best theoretical methodology is. ENTP is more playful, slightly less serious, and certainly less deliberate. The NTP is more focused on just finding ways to amuse himself and is more likely to apply self-mocking humor and change his ideas or positions abruptly and sometimes seemingly at random.

Likely responses upon losing games:

ENTP: Fuck! How the hell did I not see that? You lucky bastard.
ENTJ: My god, I can't believe these idiots win with such obviously bad play.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I haven't done Math homework for 3 years, and most of my teachers are very subjective and give me As because I am a vocal and likeable student. They tell me that "class participation works wonders."

what the fuck kind of Math are you taking, intro to algebra? No one ever said jack squat in my vector calculus class except to ask questions... we were too busy trying to, you know, learn things!

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahhahahahaahahhahahhahahahahah

I am so sweet, and then when someone I think is inferior beats me, I lose it. I am an ENTJ in that sense.

Pre-calc, Calc and College Stat. I did about 10% or so on the homework, but I would do really well on the tests. I never had the most desirable teachers, and the kids would be rude, but I never was, so that's where the subjectivity comes from. When I made that statement I was addressing all of my teachers, but my english teachers tend to be the most subjective.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
ENTJ, right? It seems obvious, so I feel like I've missed something.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am so sweet, and then when someone I think is inferior beats me, I lose it. I am an ENTJ in that sense.

ENTPs are just as bad about that, honestly, but we're less concerned with telling you why your play was poor than we are with making sure everyone around knows that you're an idiot. ENTP is concerned with effect on the audience; ENTJ is busy pointing out why your play was inefficient and explaining (sometimes patronizingly) how it could have been improved.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I go with ENTJ that's balanced enough to have ENTP characteristics. I say just accept that you need to read more than one profile to really describe you.