User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: ENTJ? ENTP?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Bougal View Post
    but MBTI is a tool to help with self exploration and assessment. It is a method of breaking something that is intangible down into tangible means for the assessment that is needed for growth.
    This screams xNTJ to me. You're looking for serious practical application of the ideas behind MBTI and looking at the pieces that help with that process.

At least.. as someone who's basically compulsive about bringing order to the external world, I know that I thrive on models and tools like the MBTI.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

you sound like an ENTP, but that's just my intuition speaking.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    This screams xNTJ to me. You're looking for serious practical application of the ideas behind MBTI and looking at the pieces that help with that process.
    hm. that does sound NTJ....

MBTI
    ENTP

I can't get over the fact that I can be perceived as being and ISFJ. I think it's hilarious. Sorry, now I'm starting to sound ungrateful. I might give it a second thought if he had pleaded a case for the assessment. An INTP might not be too far off, but that is my dad and brother, and I am more extraverted. Considering the fact that my dad and brother are very strong Ns and I keep up with them and challenge them conceptually, there is no doubt in my mind that I am an N. I tend to suppress emotions that I don't see as being reasonable, and I am very quick to getting over emotionally problems that do arise. I am a confrontational person, and I want to deal with a problem immediately when it arises.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Bougal View Post
    I can't get over the fact that I can be perceived as being and ISFJ. ... I am a confrontational person, and I want to deal with a problem immediately when it arises.
    All of this can describe any NT, really. ENTPs can still definitely be confrontational and direct.. sometimes it's a sign of typical NT insensitivity especially if the other party can't emotionally handle it absolutely immediately.

The first four sentences sound, again, very xNTJ, though.

Are your thoughts typically more organized and focused than your INTP relatives? I find that when I converse with INTPs the conversations can meander just about anywhere if I let the INTP lead them.

MBTI
    ENTP

My dad and my brother are both more articulate than I am, so when they say anything it tends to be very eloquent, well phrased and on-point. I tend to be the one that meanders during the conversations, and I tend to be fairly random with them. I think that I am closer to the J side than they are because my work ethic is better than theirs is. For example, they are both a bit more intelligent than I am, and they went to top UCs (Berkeley and Davis), but my grades surpass both of them. My dad and my brother never finish the projects they need to at home, but are very contentious of time lines if there is a penalty involved. Both my father and my brother pay all of their bills on time and are very careful to be a J for work.

I think we are a family that is destined to have no preference for the J/P...

MBTI
    ENTP

ESTJ. I'm sure you have some intuition/insight that you gained through your education, but you don't seem to have NT priorities.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    ESTJ. I'm sure you have some intuition/insight that you gained through your education, but you don't seem to have NT priorities.
    I don't think you can spot the N unless you have a conversation with someone. I know a lot of ESTJs and we are not the same. I have such a hard time with my job because I am not an S. I actually can hardly stand it. I know it is a good stepping stone for what I would like to do, and I like the people- - thats why I stay there.

What priorities do you mean?

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Total ENTJ.

Priorities and ambition don't define type.
    You've softened your demeanour because you realize that introverted percievers don't enjoy or respond well to the stereotypical ENTJ blowhard behaviour.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ENTH.

The H stands for Hottie.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel