• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Night!

What is Night's type?

• Total voters

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't vote I need to think about it first but I'm seeing some P in you now for exactly the reasons Thursday said, you're very open to hearing other opinions besides your own and seem to have rather developed Fe. Add to that learning for the sake of learning and I can see NTP. Point me in the direction of a mature male ENTP to compare too and I can consider the I/E but otherwise you seem more serious and less reactive than most I've interacted with.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
the bestest eva - INxP
P? hahahha! lmao! umm.... no.

If i were to compare you to my husband I'd say you were an INFJ and no way an INTJ. If I were to not compare you to my husband I'd say a considerate, compassionate INtJ or a logical, even keeled, non wacko INfJ. Without any doubts IN J. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see the P, I see a flexible J.
I also see a lot of Fi, but it seems more tertiary to me than main -- it's what makes him warm and gives humanity to what otherwise could come across as coldly idealistic or pragmatic. Because he definitely has strong opinions. (In my discussions with him, the "flex" seems to be something he has layered overtop his strong decisions, whereas my ability to take strong stances -- something he enjoys seeing -- now still seems to be layered overtop my flex. In any case, he's an external judger with some personal warmth.)

Night's a well-rounded guy with a lot of character.
Aside from the Care tag attached to his ankle, we'll probably never be sure of his type.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Judgement dominant.
You heard me -- I'm calling you a P.

It appears you're curious of others perspectives more often than an Ni type would be.

I like NTP.

From what I've seen:
More often, you're curious to see as much surrounding a concept as possible and figure which is best.
That is, opposed to sticking to one perspective and counting on it to hold up, while building onto the original idea what results from implementing it.

That's N_P opposed to N_J.

You're a T. Not a jerk like me, but you don't hafta be a dick to be.

Additionally, unlike most I__Js, there you have no apparent compulsion to turning the conversation back to your preferred perception.
For example there was this one INFJ I met who, despite my best effort to bring some variety to the conversation, couldn't seem to lift himself from his lodestone idea: All aspects of life suck because it will inevitably end (which he was acutely aware of on every level from micro to macro).
I made several attempts at throwing his idea down including; Life doesn't have to have value to be enjoyable and the notion that with science, we may stumble over a way to preserve ourselves 'til the end of the universe, but he always managed to come up with some way it wouldn't work (usually that it's just too hard, and that people are too weak).

To him, all I was doing was providing more and more ways to ensure to his psychology that life was worthless, because it couldn't have worth (and therefore unenjoyable).

That's Ni for you.

Another example of I__J:
My brother isn't exactly obsessed with this video game, but he plays it damn near all the time. An ISTJ who's learned his game and extremely proficient at not only playing, but discussing the game.
He's not as good at re-directing the conversation (Ni serves better for this) but when it does come around, he's rather vocal and almost always right. Where he and I struggle are in the typical differences between an N and an S: It doesn't occur to him that I ought to buy different items because my playing style is different. That's only true because he was heretofore completely unaware of the idea that such a thing existed.
Once I explained it to him though, he was immediately able to acclimate himself to the idea and stopped instructing me on what to buy (like those damned STJs do). He realized he was in unsafe territory, and had no legitimate authority to prescribe a rig. I can see now that he's been watching me to detect my concrete patterns so he can continue to tell me what to do.

Uh... That's Si. Basically his goal is to find out everything about this game and his normal team so he can make sure it's all secure. Ignoring all other sensations helps him to focus on the ones important to the game, just like the Ni type I mentioned ignores all other Intuitions to make way for his headlong rush into exploring the worthlessness of life.

I've had extensive conversations with the guy, and I've never seen Night commit even a similar crime.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
You just "feel" like an INFJ to me, though I don't think you're a typical anything.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
- Online, I think I come across as intense. In real life, I'm energetic and warm.

Questions/thoughts?

So . . .

Of the 3 votes so far, 2 were cast for INTJ and 1 for INFJ.

Ok I'll play. The line I quoted from your very cheerful sounding OP is not INTJ. Embrace the Fe, you are an INFJ, who is pretty balanced with a well developed tertiary Ti and some bonus Ne.

(I've also read quite a few of your posts here and at the bad place because I'm a stalker.)

Negative_

if i had to guess i'd say INTiJ. same type as evan.

you dont strike me as someone with a natural preference for Te over Ti, at least.

redacted

if i had to guess i'd say INTiJ. same type as evan.

you dont strike me as someone with a natural preference for Te over Ti, at least.

:)

Ni>Ti>Fe. Still an F in MBTI (which is just a code for functions), but with a preference for Thinking over Feeling.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think you're very hard to type, Night. I can see you as INFJ, but you'd have to be a different kind of INFJ than I am. I'm not even positive that I am an INFJ, so I don't have a lot to stand on. I suppose eNFP or INTJ is still possible as well, but I don't see ENTP at all.

That is, opposed to sticking to one perspective and counting on it to hold up, while building onto the original idea what results from implementing it.

That's N_P opposed to N_J.

You're a T. Not a jerk like me, but you don't hafta be a dick to be.

Additionally, unlike most I__Js, there you have no apparent compulsion to turning the conversation back to your preferred perception.
For example there was this one INFJ I met who, despite my best effort to bring some variety to the conversation, couldn't seem to lift himself from his lodestone idea: All aspects of life suck because it will inevitably end (which he was acutely aware of on every level from micro to macro).
I made several attempts at throwing his idea down including; Life doesn't have to have value to be enjoyable and the notion that with science, we may stumble over a way to preserve ourselves 'til the end of the universe, but he always managed to come up with some way it wouldn't work (usually that it's just too hard, and that people are too weak).

To him, all I was doing was providing more and more ways to ensure to his psychology that life was worthless, because it couldn't have worth (and therefore unenjoyable).

That's Ni for you.

I hate to derail this thread, but I want to address this. It seems like you have exactly the same perception of INJs that I do of INPs. In fact, what you claimed INJs do, is exactly what INPs seem to do that frustrates me.

I always justified this by saying that INPs were judgment dominant, and thus had already made their decision on internal principles (Ti or Fi), and were only flexible about the way they presented this internal system, and about allowing others to disagree as long as they weren't forced to go along with it themselves. It seems to have held for me.

ENPs seem a bit more capable of seeing other perspectives, although they'd rather change the subject than their perspective on it, and it can be hard to get them focused on changing perspectives. Unlike INPs however, they seem to be able to do it easily, even though they still don't seem like they want to.

One thing that all NPs seem prone to, in my experience, is exaggeration in order to make a point.

In other words, what you're describing as Ni is what I would have attributed to dominant Ti or Fi previously. AFAIK, Ni is mostly about looking at a subject from multiple perspectives, although Te or Fe might argue for one perspective.

I suppose I'm curious now... do you think that one of us has mistyped people, that we've both met people who mistyped themselves, or that we've interpreted the same behavior in opposite ways?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Dammit, Night, if you want to be an INTJ, you can be an INTJ.

I don't know why you'd ever think that, though, unless you've had too many latent megalomaniacal desires that have just recently begun surfacing. But then again, I've heard INFJs get those, too, sometimes.

heart

heart on fire
I don't know enough about you to really say.

What do you read for fun?

What do you chose to think about most of the time when on your own time?

When you say you are warm with people, is it because you'd like fix/mentor them in ways that you think are best or would you like to understand/empathy them and help them find what they really want?

Did it bother you that I typed out "empathy them" instead of bothering to look up the spelling of the word I really intended to use? Or did you know what I meant and move on?

:)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
In my humble opinion, you don't seem like an INFJ. Or if you are, then you are of a variety with which I am unfamiliar.

The only reason that anyone has presented so far in favor of INFJ is that you're nice, which is apparently somehow strongly indicative of F (while T is reserved for the rest of the nasty bastards). Since I think that's a pretty poor reason to come to that conclusion, I'm going to say some sort of NTP. I've never really thought of you as all that opinionated, and you seem exceptionally able to quickly view topics/issues from multiple theoretical vantage points, without expressing strong preference for one or the other. I think Js might be more apt to pick one based on whatever set of criteria floats their individual boat.

Of course, this is just my perception of how you come off on the forum, so I could be reading way off of your RL personality.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Did it bother you that I typed out "empathy them" instead of bothering to look up the spelling of the word I really intended to use? Or did you know what I meant and move on?

Well, it seems like it actually bothered you a little if you noticed that you did it wrong, because I think you would have written it properly if you remembered the right word... it just didn't bother you enough for you to think about how to correct it.

You were very close. It was "empathize with them."

heart

heart on fire
Well, it seems like it actually bothered you a little if you noticed that you did it wrong, because I think you would have written it properly if you remembered the right word... it just didn't bother you enough for you to think about how to correct it.

You were very close. It was "empathize with them."

I knew the word I wanted, but couldn't pull up the spelling at the moment and I was too lazy to look up the correct spelling. It didn't bother me, I did it on purpose.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
My impression for a long time has been INFJ, strong T.

I really don't see you as an extravert. I get the impression that you consider everything quite carefully before it gets shown to the outside world.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I knew the word I wanted, but couldn't pull up the spelling at the moment and I was too lazy to look up the correct spelling. It didn't bother me, I did it on purpose.

The reason it usually bothers me when people misspell things is because I assume they didn't intend to do it incorrectly, but just don't know any better.

I assumed that it bothered you to some extent (although you cared more about getting it out of the way than getting it correct) because of the fact that you wouldn't have typed it that way if the correct spelling had come to mind immediately. I suppose that denotes a major processing difference between Js and Ps... which was your original point of course. Now I'm curious as to how Night will respond to that.

I'm sorry to write so much about this... I hope I'm not making you regret your shortcut, LOL.