- Generally speaking, I feel a strong protective urge for others. I feel honest, unconditional warmth for people (I can't really put the exact feeling into words) that seems to outweigh the general sense of negativity for folks who've wronged me (what has been described as a broken coping mechanism/divine gift...).
- As a child, I actively donated to Christian Charity funds that worked to reduce hunger in places like Africa; Central Asia and the like.
- Would willingly sacrifice myself for a worthy cause
- Feel strongly compelled by the suffering of others/can't rest until pain is relieved
- Very warm/happy personality
- Dislike external displays of emotion -- especially when inappropriate. This is especially true in my adult years. Maybe the result of social conditioning?
- Have a natural gift at ascertaining the "hidden" nature of complex theoretical systems -- especially to the extent that I can forecast future behavior/tendencies of said system.
- All but immune to criticism/desire for emotional support. The same goes for praise. How I "feel" about myself has almost nothing to do with how people tell me I'm doing and everything to do with my internal register.
- I keep a poor social ledger (I rarely maintain long-term relationships with others).
Focus on appropriateness is Fe. Also, I relate to all of these. The 3rd one for INTJ is interesting -- it's probably the reason you're so hard to type. It seems to me like you rely on the Ni-Ti axis when external stuff gets uncomfortable, so criticism could easily be something you turn intellectual instead of feeling the consequences of.
P.S. My first girlfriend was ENFJ, and if I had learned MBTI then, there's no chance at all I would have typed myself as F next to her
You and Dansker were my IRC pals from way back when (during my insomnia stint -- whew!)
Plus, you and I share a syn link...
Yeah, I was thinking of that, as well as your posts. I know Nocaps knows you well, but I still can't see NP for you. (btw I still don't know how you functioned on that little sleep - I go to pieces if I get less than 4 hours a night)
And I can't shake the impression that you've put a lot of thought into what sort of person you want to be. So, I'm less inclined to use your overt behaviour to type you than I would for someone else.