User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Night's type?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ

16 30.77%
  • ENTP

3 5.77%
  • INTP

6 11.54%
  • INFJ

16 30.77%
  • INxJ

7 13.46%
  • INxP

2 3.85%
  • ISTP

1 1.92%
  • ISFP -- Jeffster! Jeffster!

1 1.92%
First 678910 Last

Thread: Help Night!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Hey Night, what do you think aboot your ENFJ as a person ?
    Provocative question, Thursday.

She's a far better human being than I'll ever be. I try to mirror many of my compassionate tendencies against her general example.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Provocative question, Thursday.

Fe

She's a far better human being than I'll ever be.

Ni

I try to mirror many of my compassionate tendencies against her general example.
    Fe
    yeah ?
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Interesting point.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I remember that!

You (we) were pretty rude.
    Oops, I forgot the Fe!

Yeah, sorry about that.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Did you add ISTP to the poll after I voted, or did I have a "sensotard moment"?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Did you add ISTP to the poll after I voted, or did I have a "sensotard moment"?
    No -- I added it for you.

I didn't want to overlook possibility. You made a legitimate point.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Just a random aside - don't go to the 'You know you're an INFJ...' thread to get a feel on whether you're INFJ or not [not that you would, as half of it's tongue-in-cheek anyway - but there's a lot that could be read between the lines too]. I relate to very little that's written in there....
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Something tells me that Night will be even more confused after this is over..

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Just a random aside - don't go to the 'You know you're an INFJ...' thread to get a feel on whether you're INFJ or not [not that you would, as half of it's tongue-in-cheek anyway - but there's a lot that could be read between the lines too]. I relate to very little that's written in there....
    Ha, I agree.

There seems to be some underlying conflict (at least in my mind) whether it is the T/F dominants or the N/S dominants that are more opinionated from a single perspective. I was reading earlier in this thread that Ni dominants hold to one perspective and weave new information into it. For a long time now my reading was that Ni (and Ne) is what views an issue from multiple angles. This is because iNtuition is about big picture thinking and making many connections, not only linear connections. The big picture continually unfolds over time like putting a puzzle together. If you are closed to one assumption from the start, how can you ever finish the puzzle because it is destined to deviate from one's initial assumptions to some degree.

There does not seem to be consistent agreement on what constitutes an opinionated type from what I have been able to gather. I wonder if that ends up being a behavioral attribute like cleaning your room, degree of politeness, or having a temper that are conditioned and don't reveal much about "why" a person exhibits those behaviors from a cognitive processing perspective. I should try to check which the literature supports. What further confuses things is that people who identify as F/T dominant are easily as single minded as those who identify as N/S dominant in online discussions. So is it that F/T dominants are single minded, but expressed it in a multifaceted manner and N/S dominants are multiple-perspective at their core, but express it in a single-minded manner? Or is there an additional axis that isn't explored in MBTI that causes some individuals of all types to be headstrong and opinionated and some individuals of all types to be open and multiple-perspective based?

This seems to be one of the core issues in discussing Night's type.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'm very confused now. What you seem to be saying is that Ne chooses an idea based on whether it creates the same kind of impact on others as what they had in mind, rather than how closely it resembles what they had in mind?
    Ne doesn't choose anything. It's not sentient.
    What it does is to observe the impact of action (based on a hunch or an idea or something) and then gathers, and forms a new idea.

Okay... I can see that for ENTPs, but not INTPs. INTPs seem to do something more like what you describe below:
    If you don't see it for INTP then something has gone wrong.
    ENTP and INTP use the same functions.
    ENTP will notice things, and when a problem comes up, they'll fix it based on their information, where INTP will sooner find a problem, and then turn to intuition to find the information.

At the end of the day, they both did the same thing.

Oh, gosh. This is exactly what I see INPs as doing, once again, although they keep changing the way they present it or flexing on things that aren't essential to the main idea.
    Clearly you're misinterpreting what I'm saying.
    I could tell by the first paragraph.

What looks like Ti to you is obviously Ni.

Well, I did mean me, potentially. It could also have meant both of us. You seem to have shown me pretty clearly that you have the same perception of INJs that I do of INPs. You're beginning to make me think that Jack Flak might have had a point about functions.
    Here's pair of other ideas:
    THe writers are wording things poorly, so when it comes down to the test, Flak noticed those writers were wrong, but instead of blaming it on the writers, he just blew off the entire theory of functions.

The second:
    The reader doesn't really understand what they're reading thereby making false calculations.

Think of it this way: If on a math test, the teacher wrote "5+4=?" but the kid had dyslexia, he'd read "5?+4=" and would have no idea how to make enough sense of the equation to get the right answer.

That's what's happening.
    we fukin won boys