User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Night's type?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ

16 30.77%
  • ENTP

3 5.77%
  • INTP

6 11.54%
  • INFJ

16 30.77%
  • INxJ

7 13.46%
  • INxP

2 3.85%
  • ISTP

1 1.92%
  • ISFP -- Jeffster! Jeffster!

1 1.92%
First 45678 Last

Thread: Help Night!

MBTI
    INFP

Hey night, why don't you present us with two arguments for your type. One for INFJ and one for INTJ.

Default Gladiator Competition: INFJ vs. INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Hey night, why don't you present us with two arguments for your type. One for INFJ and one for INTJ.
    /agree

Night, I'll bet you could blow us away with your arguments for both. Do the unthinkable and place some of that internal combat out into the open for us.

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

You're funny, iwakar. Here's a snippet:

INFJ --

- Generally speaking, I feel a strong protective urge for others. I feel honest, unconditional warmth for people (I can't really put the exact feeling into words) that seems to outweigh the general sense of negativity for folks who've wronged me (what has been described as a broken coping mechanism/divine gift...).
    - As a child, I actively donated to Christian Charity funds that worked to reduce hunger in places like Africa; Central Asia and the like.
    - Would willingly sacrifice myself for a worthy cause
    - Feel strongly compelled by the suffering of others/can't rest until pain is relieved
    - Very warm/happy personality

INTJ --

- Dislike external displays of emotion -- especially when inappropriate. This is especially true in my adult years. Maybe the result of social conditioning?
    - Have a natural gift at ascertaining the "hidden" nature of complex theoretical systems -- especially to the extent that I can forecast future behavior/tendencies of said system.
    - All but immune to criticism/desire for emotional support. The same goes for praise. How I "feel" about myself has almost nothing to do with how people tell me I'm doing and everything to do with my internal register.
    - I keep a poor social ledger (I rarely maintain long-term relationships with others).

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What makes you so sure you're N? Your word usage is much more precise than most of the N's here. Your posts are almost always easy to read. Even when I don't understand the words, they are still obviously coherent and not all floating around. But I'll take your word for it for the time being.

I chose INTP from the available choices because you seem to be informative rather than directive. So I would say Strategic Responder or Strategic co-worker by Keirsey's "Brains and careers" types.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP

Heh! So failing to maintain long-term relationships would be an INTJ thing?

*writes that down*

So, what about you represents the essence of Te?

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    You're funny, iwakar. Here's a snippet:

INFJ --

- Generally speaking, I feel a strong protective urge for others. I feel honest, unconditional warmth for people (I can't really put the exact feeling into words) that seems to outweigh the general sense of negativity for folks who've wronged me (what has been described as a broken coping mechanism/divine gift by others...). I can relate.
    - As a child, I actively donated to Christian Charity funds that worked to reduce hunger in places like Africa; Central Asia and the like. I can relate.
    - Would willingly sacrifice myself for a worthy cause I can relate.
    - Feel strongly compelled by the suffering of others/can't rest until pain is relieved I can relate.
    - Very warm/happy personality I cannot relate, but this may be more related to conditional states, for whatever length of time.

INTJ --

- Dislike external displays of emotion -- especially when inappropriate. This is especially true in my adult years. Maybe the result of social conditioning? I can relate.
    - Have a natural gift at ascertaining the "hidden" nature of complex theoretical systems -- especially to the extent that I can forecast future behavior/tendencies of said system. I can relate.
    - All but immune to criticism/desire for emotional support. The same goes for praise. How I "feel" about myself has almost nothing to do with how people tell me I'm doing and everything to do with my internal register. I cannot relate although I despise my inability to -pause- my emotional responses.
    - I keep a poor social ledger (I rarely maintain long-term relationships with others). I can relate.
    Speaking as a confidently self-identified INFJ that is...
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Everything in post #53 supports INFJ not INTJ imo.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    What makes you so sure you're N? Your word usage is much more precise than most of the N's here. Your posts are almost always easy to read. Even when I don't understand the words, they are still obviously coherent and not all floating around. But I'll take your word for it for the time being.

I chose INTP from the available choices because you seem to be informative rather than directive. So I would say Strategic Responder or Strategic co-worker by Keirsey's "Brains and careers" types.
    Thanks, dude. Means a lot.

Quite simply, I'm not an S because I suck at S-type activities. I'm always bumping my toes on doorframes or catching my elbow on a nail. I used to think I had high Se when in high school/early college, but recently realized that my ability to effectively describe a visual image from memory kinda...stinks.

Plus, I'm not very good at mechanical stuff. I can describe Music theory, but can only bang on a piano. I can analyze the utility of a catalytic converter, but would probably put lugnuts on backwards when changing a tire.

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post

So, what about you represents the essence of Te?
    In a work situation, I can be very domineering -- especially when I believe work is not being done appropriately. I hate working in groups for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Noted -- thank you, Trinity.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    With all but maybe the 3rd item, the things listed under INTJ could easily fit with an INFJ as well.

With the third item, it's a tough one for me to assess when it comes to myself. As for how I 'feel' about myself, I think I need a fair amount of validation - however, even that is going to do little/nothing for me if I don't feel confident and believe in myself in the first place. So I need that internal awareness/recognition as well. As for emotional support, I historically have never sought out emotional support, and have kept everything within and dealt with all of it on my own. That's probably shifting a bit over the past couple of years though, as I'm wanting to open up a bit more and let close friends know what's going on.

As for your actual type, I simply voted for the vibe you give off most, to me. But obviously the typing thing is highly subjective - everyone has their own filters through which they determine someones' type, and even the experts can disagree when it comes to typing and the theory itself. So..eh. I'm of the belief that there are more than 16 ways a persons' cognitive functions/development can unfold, which leads to many more potential flavors of type (and blurs the notion of what constitutes a type), and with some individuals it's almost pointless or counterproductive to focus so much effort on finding a type for them.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    With all but maybe the 3rd item, the things listed under INTJ could easily fit with an INFJ as well.

I'm of the belief that there are more than 16 ways a persons' cognitive functions/development can unfold, which leads to many more potential flavors of type (and blurs the notion of what constitutes a type), and with some individuals it's almost pointless or counterproductive to focus so much effort on finding a type for them.
    I think you hit on a great point, cascademn. Differentiating the INTJ and INFJ can be very complicated.

I also agree with your final statement. 16 variations seems a paltry methodology when explaining something as diverse and (in)flexible as personality.