User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Night's type?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ

    16 30.77%
  • ENTP

    3 5.77%
  • INTP

    6 11.54%
  • INFJ

    16 30.77%
  • INxJ

    7 13.46%
  • INxP

    2 3.85%
  • ISTP

    1 1.92%
  • ISFP -- Jeffster! Jeffster!

    1 1.92%
First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 112

Thread: Help Night!

  1. #41
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    The reason it usually bothers me when people misspell things is because I assume they didn't intend to do it incorrectly, but just don't know any better.
    I assumed that it bothered you to some extent (although you cared more about getting it out of the way than getting it correct) because of the fact that you wouldn't have typed it that way if the correct spelling had come to mind immediately. I suppose that denotes a major processing difference between Js and Ps... which was your original point of course. Now I'm curious as to how Night will respond to that.

    I'm sorry to write so much about this... I hope I'm not making you regret your shortcut, LOL.
    A lot of it is context, though, and how well you know the person. I mean, from reading heart's previous posts, you would probably realize that she's not prone to grammatical errors and typos. When a person has established themselves as intelligent and thoughtful, they are then allowed to "break the rules" and people will realize that the rule-breaking was a choice and not a mistake.
    Something Witty

  2. #42
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative_ View Post
    you dont strike me as someone with a natural preference for Te over Ti, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Ni>Ti>Fe. Still an F in MBTI (which is just a code for functions), but with a preference for Thinking over Feeling.
    On second (or is it fifth) thought I'm actually going to jump on this bandwagon. Are there any members who prefer Te in BlueWing/SolitaryWalker's social group...?

  3. #43
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Hey guys!

    Looking to get some peer input into my type!


    To give you some non-forum background:

    - I have undergrad degrees in English; American History and Human Biology. I am 7 credits away from a Master's in English (Comparative Lit). I use none of my credentials (much to my ENFJ wife's chagrin) in what I do for a living -- I'm a curriculum development manager for a major communications company (Hint: rhymes with "Nextel").

    - I used to teach high school English, but left as salary expectations fleshed poorly against occupational responsibilities.

    - I'm a physics nerd.

    - My recent Enneagram has me at a 5w6. I should be a 5w8, but the formula forces me to ignore my second highest score. I've also scored as a 1w2, but think I was just having a bad hair day.

    - Online, I think I come across as intense. In real life, I'm energetic and warm.

    - I have a fear of heights; Edahn.



    Questions/thoughts?
    You are shaped and molded by the environment.
    Type is what is left.

    The original copies of ourselves are lost?
    The original never existed.

    We choose?
    We do not choose between the alternatives in the CP test.
    We are chosen.

    Why do we subject ourselves?
    What ourselves?
    Reflection does not subject.
    It is only in the mirror.

  4. #44
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    INTJ with an ENTP shadow. High Ni & Ne with highly developed tertiary function (Fi).

  5. #45
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    I've noticed a handful of posters who come across as strongly iNtuitive are harder to type. It's just something I've noticed in a few cases.

    Sometimes the F-T and J-P poles are more problematic than the S-N and E-I I think. E and I are for the most part mutually exclusive in that it is quite a trick to actually be both. S and N are fairly good this way as well especially the concrete vs. abstract thinking aspect of it. J and P are mutually exclusive but seem to assume a relationship between structure vs. non-structured and opinionated/initiating vs. open/observing and those two poles are not directly related to each other i think. T and F, or at least the prevalent understanding of them, do not seem to be mutually exclusive poles. One poster suggested the terms "ethical" vs. "logical for those two, but it is challenging to find an individual who is 100 logical or ethical who is not naturally strong in the other. It is easier to find an individual who lacks both simultaneously, than completely lacking only one pole. Being socially abrasive is not equivalent to being logical or objective. It is such a funny cultural overlay on these online forums to assume that. The fact that Night is warm, polite, etc. does not determine if he is a F or a T. "Why" he is motivated to communicate in a certain manner does determine that. Because of the cultural confusion added on top of F and T, it is difficult to determine which Night is, but he does seem strongly iNtuitive. He is one of the few posters who actually engages in abstract, big picture, intangible topics which is fundamental to iNtuition. I would venture to say INXJ because he does seem N dominant, which could be Ne if he is extroverted which is harder to measure online.
    Last edited by labyrinthine; 01-10-2009 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Something was cut out of my original post by mistake.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  6. #46
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,692

    Default

    I am watching this thread wfom the start and I agree with Jack Flack you are civilized INTJ.

    E/I - that is something I leave to you (because of obvious reasons), but since you are here you are probably I.

    S/N - clearly an N

    F/T- I think that people are stereotyping here just because you are not hard core rationalist and can show sensitivity does not mean that you can't be INTJ.
    Many of you post show that you are probably on a T side of spectrum.

    J/P- to tell you the truth I am am not sure about this but I would say medium to slight J

    So in the end you are INTJ for me.

    What do you get in tests when it comes to types and percentages?

  7. #47
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    A lot of it is context, though, and how well you know the person. I mean, from reading heart's previous posts, you would probably realize that she's not prone to grammatical errors and typos. When a person has established themselves as intelligent and thoughtful, they are then allowed to "break the rules" and people will realize that the rule-breaking was a choice and not a mistake.
    I can see how you might choose to view it that way, but I don't believe in that very strongly. My attitude is that you have to prove yourself all over again every time. What you've been doesn't tell me what you are, after all. People can change.

    Although I think that post was reasonably intelligent... just a little sloppy. Which is fair enough, since she's a P and would probably admit to this herself.

    I guess I'm proving myself to be quite the J, since I'm STILL talking about it.

  8. #48
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Here's another thought to throw into the mix. As overall posters go online at least, I have noticed a few parallels between Night, cascademn, myself, and a couple of other people. It seems like there is a Ni Fi/Ti thing going on with some emphasis on Ne as well, which doesn't fit with an MBTI type exactly. I wonder what is the reason that the function order has to alternate i and e? Being a little more flexible with function order tends to explain a great deal when people don't fit exactly into a type. It might also have to do with the functions not being fully understood by myself or in the general online cultural assumptions.

    The F/T issue has to do with being able to switch modes based on the context of the situation, but both seeming to focus more on the introverted version. The J/P thing in the cases I mentioned appears to me to have the structure/ordered aspect to it, but not as much the forceful/opinionated/closure aspect of the J. From the OP, Night may be more forceful than the other posters I mentioned, but there is also a gender overlay to consider.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  9. #49
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    My impression for a long time has been INFJ, strong T.

    I really don't see you as an extravert. I get the impression that you consider everything quite carefully before it gets shown to the outside world.
    You and Dansker were my IRC pals from way back when (during my insomnia stint -- whew!)

    Plus, you and I share a syn link...

    INFJ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    You just "feel" like an INFJ to me, though I don't think you're a typical anything.
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative_ View Post
    if i had to guess i'd say INTiJ. same type as evan.

    you dont strike me as someone with a natural preference for Te over Ti, at least.
    Your impression is correct.

    I feel uncomfortable using Te unless it's necessary.

    Ti/Ni - Fe - Te

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post


    Ni>Ti>Fe. Still an F in MBTI (which is just a code for functions), but with a preference for Thinking over Feeling.
    It's hard to argue with a functions junkie. Especially one as strongly inclined as yourself, Evan...

    INFJ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Judgement dominant.
    You heard me -- I'm calling you a P.

    It appears you're curious of others perspectives more often than an Ni type would be.

    I like NTP.


    From what I've seen:
    More often, you're curious to see as much surrounding a concept as possible and figure which is best.
    That is, opposed to sticking to one perspective and counting on it to hold up, while building onto the original idea what results from implementing it.

    That's N_P opposed to N_J.

    I've had extensive conversations with the guy, and I've never seen Night commit even a similar crime.
    I envy your depth of comprehension on Type and its practical relationship to externalities.

    You and I have had many, many conversations -- enough to fill a book, I'd reckon. This, alongside your obvious mastery of Type theory make it difficult to overlook/appropriately summarize the importance of your analysis...

    xNTP?

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Ok I'll play. The line I quoted from your very cheerful sounding OP is not INTJ. Embrace the Fe, you are an INFJ, who is pretty balanced with a well developed tertiary Ti and some bonus Ne.

    (I've also read quite a few of your posts here and at the bad place because I'm a stalker.)
    Thanks, pippi!

    Truth be told, my core rationale for smiling and holding the door open for folks in this thread was that I wanted to display appropriate reciprocation.

    It means a lot that people are willing to dedicate otherwise-valuable personal time to summarize my collection of quirks.

    Fe? Maybe. Fi? Maybe.

    INxJ ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    The only reason that anyone has presented so far in favor of INFJ is that you're nice, which is apparently somehow strongly indicative of F (while T is reserved for the rest of the nasty bastards). Since I think that's a pretty poor reason to come to that conclusion, I'm going to say some sort of NTP. I've never really thought of you as all that opinionated, and you seem exceptionally able to quickly view topics/issues from multiple theoretical vantage points, without expressing strong preference for one or the other. I think Js might be more apt to pick one based on whatever set of criteria floats their individual boat.
    You and toonia seem to share perspective on the topic of perceived social etiquette. Who we "are" is more a composition of revised earlier manifestations of an "ideal" self that works to balance what makes us internally comfortable with what we feel we must do to culturally succeed (relative to our present goals).

    I have a hard time applying finality to any theoretical framework. Culling new (empirically-driven) data is much more important to me than rubberstamping intellectual judgment (cessation of open-minded observation) as a means to artificially progress (as this thread likely demonstrates…!)

    xNTP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    I think INTJ.

    When you doubt it though...
    INTJ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    What do you read for fun?
    I just finished my Michio Kaku compendium. From here, I think I'll probably return to my nostalgic roots with Guth's Inflationary Universe -- haven't read that in a long time. I like science-related topics that analyze natural phenomena. Philosophy is a close second, with political/economic theory not far behind...

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    What do you chose to think about most of the time when on your own time?
    I deconstruct concepts and people. I try to reduce (not in reductionist terms) theory into individual parts as to better comprehend the unified harmony of the reassembled components. Like a car engine. Or the human eye. Or, why I dislike a certain friend more/less than another. The importance is more about information gathering, than applying an artificial intellectual enclosure. I try to remain open to possibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    When you say you are warm with people, is it because you'd like fix/mentor them in ways that you think are best or would you like to understand/empathy them and help them find what they really want?
    I don't have the answers to fix all the problems in my life. I can't imagine ever having the vanity to summarily diagnose/prognosticate how people should respond to difficult events in their lives.

    I genuinely care for people. I personally dislike suffering, so I work to reduce it in others. I don't know if this suggests legitimate compassion or a general distaste for negative emotion (experienced vicariously as a result of passive analysis in others...).

    Compassion is a dual-sided coin. In life, I smile and spray perfume as a means to convince myself that I am socially responsible. Whether this is an accurate portrayal of my ostensible "core" identity is probably impossible to honestly fathom. As Wildcat mentioned, who we are is more an illustration of social and academic factors than a concise litmus test of our spiritual ichor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Dammit, Night, if you want to be an INTJ, you can be an INTJ.

    I don't know why you'd ever think that, though, unless you've had too many latent megalomaniacal desires that have just recently begun surfacing. But then again, I've heard INFJs get those, too, sometimes.
    Haha...thanks, Hap.

    INTJ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    INTJ with an ENTP shadow. High Ni & Ne with highly developed tertiary function (Fi).
    Good man, BT. I think you and I would get along smashingly in person. You remind me fondly of my best friend from years ago. Highly successful guy. All the talent and ambition one could ever hope to have in life.

    Plus, a helluva tennis player. Could laser a serve into your groin with startling accuracy.

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The fact that Night is warm, polite, etc. does not determine if he is a F or a T. "Why" he is motivated to communicate in a certain manner does determine that. Because of the cultural confusion added on top of F and T, it is difficult to determine which Night is, but he does seem strongly iNtuitive. He is one of the few posters who actually engages in abstract, big picture, intangible topics which is fundamental to iNtuition. I would venture to say INXJ because he does seem N dominant, which could be Ne if he is extroverted which is harder to measure online.
    Thank you, toonia.

    Ever since our early interactions on INTPc, I've always felt a strong connection to the way you deconstruct/clarify your thinking. (Interesting -- I authored this before seeing your next post...

    ...Just reaffirms further my proximity/comfort with your general intellectual approach, toonia)


    INxJ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am watching this thread wfom the start and I agree with Jack Flack you are civilized INTJ.

    E/I - that is something I leave to you (because of obvious reasons), but since you are here you are probably I.

    S/N - clearly an N

    F/T- I think that people are stereotyping here just because you are not hard core rationalist and can show sensitivity does not mean that you can't be INTJ.
    Many of you post show that you are probably on a T side of spectrum.

    J/P- to tell you the truth I am am not sure about this but I would say medium to slight J

    So in the end you are INTJ for me.

    What do you get in tests when it comes to types and percentages?
    Thank you, Antisocial One. For quite some time now, I've always identified you as the quintessential INTJ. Consequently, your analysis is meaningful.

    INTJ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    You are shaped and molded by the environment.
    Type is what is left.

    The original copies of ourselves are lost?
    The original never existed.

    We choose?
    We do not choose between the alternatives in the CP test.
    We are chosen.

    Why do we subject ourselves?
    What ourselves?
    Reflection does not subject.
    It is only in the mirror.
    Profoundly perceptive as always, Wildcat...

    We are not the sum of our behaviors. Our behaviors are the sum of our environment. What we select is more an indication of our core values. A question of necessity -- not ours: theirs. Or, at least how we understand theirs. Vision and truth have never met.

    Clothes do not make the man, after all.

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Hey guys!

    Looking to get some peer input into my type!
    The good type.

    As far as Evan's mention of Ni>Ti>Fe --that seems plausible albeit difficult. It would explain the 1oz. super-concentrate you dropper out after 2 gallons of data has just passed through your barrage of multiple internal processes/filters.

    Poor data; it just never stood a chance.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Similar Threads

  1. Help figuring out your type?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 12:12 PM
  2. Help me type Dog the Bounty Hunter
    By cafe in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM
  3. Friday/Saturday Nights @ MBTIc
    By Noel in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 02:07 AM
  4. Help--How to Keep from Sleeping in Class!
    By rivercrow in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 01:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO