User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Night's type?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ

    16 30.77%
  • ENTP

    3 5.77%
  • INTP

    6 11.54%
  • INFJ

    16 30.77%
  • INxJ

    7 13.46%
  • INxP

    2 3.85%
  • ISTP

    1 1.92%
  • ISFP -- Jeffster! Jeffster!

    1 1.92%
First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 112

Thread: Help Night!

  1. #31
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    I think you're very hard to type, Night. I can see you as INFJ, but you'd have to be a different kind of INFJ than I am. I'm not even positive that I am an INFJ, so I don't have a lot to stand on. I suppose eNFP or INTJ is still possible as well, but I don't see ENTP at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    That is, opposed to sticking to one perspective and counting on it to hold up, while building onto the original idea what results from implementing it.

    That's N_P opposed to N_J.

    You're a T. Not a jerk like me, but you don't hafta be a dick to be.

    Additionally, unlike most I__Js, there you have no apparent compulsion to turning the conversation back to your preferred perception.
    For example there was this one INFJ I met who, despite my best effort to bring some variety to the conversation, couldn't seem to lift himself from his lodestone idea: All aspects of life suck because it will inevitably end (which he was acutely aware of on every level from micro to macro).
    I made several attempts at throwing his idea down including; Life doesn't have to have value to be enjoyable and the notion that with science, we may stumble over a way to preserve ourselves 'til the end of the universe, but he always managed to come up with some way it wouldn't work (usually that it's just too hard, and that people are too weak).

    To him, all I was doing was providing more and more ways to ensure to his psychology that life was worthless, because it couldn't have worth (and therefore unenjoyable).

    That's Ni for you.
    I hate to derail this thread, but I want to address this. It seems like you have exactly the same perception of INJs that I do of INPs. In fact, what you claimed INJs do, is exactly what INPs seem to do that frustrates me.

    I always justified this by saying that INPs were judgment dominant, and thus had already made their decision on internal principles (Ti or Fi), and were only flexible about the way they presented this internal system, and about allowing others to disagree as long as they weren't forced to go along with it themselves. It seems to have held for me.

    ENPs seem a bit more capable of seeing other perspectives, although they'd rather change the subject than their perspective on it, and it can be hard to get them focused on changing perspectives. Unlike INPs however, they seem to be able to do it easily, even though they still don't seem like they want to.

    One thing that all NPs seem prone to, in my experience, is exaggeration in order to make a point.

    In other words, what you're describing as Ni is what I would have attributed to dominant Ti or Fi previously. AFAIK, Ni is mostly about looking at a subject from multiple perspectives, although Te or Fe might argue for one perspective.

    I suppose I'm curious now... do you think that one of us has mistyped people, that we've both met people who mistyped themselves, or that we've interpreted the same behavior in opposite ways?

  2. #32
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Dammit, Night, if you want to be an INTJ, you can be an INTJ.

    I don't know why you'd ever think that, though, unless you've had too many latent megalomaniacal desires that have just recently begun surfacing. But then again, I've heard INFJs get those, too, sometimes.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  3. #33
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,164

    Default

    I think INTJ.

    When you doubt it though...

  4. #34
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    I don't know enough about you to really say.

    What do you read for fun?

    What do you chose to think about most of the time when on your own time?

    When you say you are warm with people, is it because you'd like fix/mentor them in ways that you think are best or would you like to understand/empathy them and help them find what they really want?


    Did it bother you that I typed out "empathy them" instead of bothering to look up the spelling of the word I really intended to use? Or did you know what I meant and move on?



  5. #35
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    In my humble opinion, you don't seem like an INFJ. Or if you are, then you are of a variety with which I am unfamiliar.

    The only reason that anyone has presented so far in favor of INFJ is that you're nice, which is apparently somehow strongly indicative of F (while T is reserved for the rest of the nasty bastards). Since I think that's a pretty poor reason to come to that conclusion, I'm going to say some sort of NTP. I've never really thought of you as all that opinionated, and you seem exceptionally able to quickly view topics/issues from multiple theoretical vantage points, without expressing strong preference for one or the other. I think Js might be more apt to pick one based on whatever set of criteria floats their individual boat.

    Of course, this is just my perception of how you come off on the forum, so I could be reading way off of your RL personality.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  6. #36
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Did it bother you that I typed out "empathy them" instead of bothering to look up the spelling of the word I really intended to use? Or did you know what I meant and move on?
    Well, it seems like it actually bothered you a little if you noticed that you did it wrong, because I think you would have written it properly if you remembered the right word... it just didn't bother you enough for you to think about how to correct it.

    You were very close. It was "empathize with them."

  7. #37
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, it seems like it actually bothered you a little if you noticed that you did it wrong, because I think you would have written it properly if you remembered the right word... it just didn't bother you enough for you to think about how to correct it.

    You were very close. It was "empathize with them."
    I knew the word I wanted, but couldn't pull up the spelling at the moment and I was too lazy to look up the correct spelling. It didn't bother me, I did it on purpose.

  8. #38
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    My impression for a long time has been INFJ, strong T.

    I really don't see you as an extravert. I get the impression that you consider everything quite carefully before it gets shown to the outside world.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

  9. #39
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I knew the word I wanted, but couldn't pull up the spelling at the moment and I was too lazy to look up the correct spelling. It didn't bother me, I did it on purpose.
    The reason it usually bothers me when people misspell things is because I assume they didn't intend to do it incorrectly, but just don't know any better.

    I assumed that it bothered you to some extent (although you cared more about getting it out of the way than getting it correct) because of the fact that you wouldn't have typed it that way if the correct spelling had come to mind immediately. I suppose that denotes a major processing difference between Js and Ps... which was your original point of course. Now I'm curious as to how Night will respond to that.

    I'm sorry to write so much about this... I hope I'm not making you regret your shortcut, LOL.

  10. #40
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I suppose that denotes a major processing difference between Js and Ps...
    What, that Ps make little tests with obvious answer correspondence to P and J, and Js don't get it?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Similar Threads

  1. Help figuring out your type?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 12:12 PM
  2. Help me type Dog the Bounty Hunter
    By cafe in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM
  3. Friday/Saturday Nights @ MBTIc
    By Noel in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 02:07 AM
  4. Help--How to Keep from Sleeping in Class!
    By rivercrow in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 01:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO