User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    scattershot - read the reasons for needing alone time thread - when I feel buzzed from being around people, it makes me feel like I am spinning out of control. Don't like the feeling, so I see it as a negative, and want to return to center. In all fairness tho, I identify more with INFP.
    Yeah, sounds more like INFP. And hell yes you should still love yourself. INFPs are awesome too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    INFPs are awesome too.
    You know, this has been a fascinating exercise. Am I ENFP or INFP? Who knows? As I mentioned a post or two before, I am leaning towards my initial typing of INFP. And I do relate to portions of the ENFP profile - especially regarding the Ne / impressions from people, and the communication aspects. But if getting toads of energy from people is generically the key criteria for being E, I am just not a revved-up, get super-energy from social interaction, be on a people-high kind of gal. I do love people, so I sure would be happy if they added more energy to me than I usually spend on them.

That being said - there's no such thing as one size fits all, and I have used some of the stereotypes of type to limit me as opposed to liberate me. And that's a great take-away for me.

So, any more thoughts/impressions are welcome. I am not closing the book on the topic; I bet I'll still wonder about it from time to time! I just appreciate that I can throw some of my ideas out there, and there are folks here who take the time to offer some thoughtful responses!

You all (wanted to use that icon LOL!)
    Last edited by PeaceBaby; 01-21-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added a teeny bit & fixed a redundancy

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

what are you worst at? sensing (Si) or Thinking (Te). I know I'm ENFP because I have a decent Te but my Si SUCKS (Si is the worst function of ENFPs while Te is the worst for INFPs) It's hard to tell sometimes though. ENFPs (and ENTPs) tend to have a strong introverted side because because we are dominant intuitives and usually extremely intellectual (personally I can hang out with ESFPs and go crazy for hours and 10 minutes later discuss philosophy or economics with an INTJ) we also need much more time alone than most extroverts (even more than some ISs). Likewise INFPs can be seen as extroverts because (like all NPs) they love to talk.

MBTI
    ENFP

Sound like an INFP to me, which is like winning the MBTI lottery. Well...it may not be the best type to be, but I consistently find they they are the best type to be with.

I think INFPs and ENFPs can be very hard to tell apart. Harder than with other EvI distinctions, for some reason. But I don't know any ENFP's who would say "I wish I got more energy from people than I spend on them." I suppose anything's possible, but that's a strange, foreign statement to me, and the ENFP's I know in person would agree. I guess what I mean about the EvI is That INTPs and ENTPs look very different to me. ESFJ's and ISFJ's look very different to me. But INFPs look like ENFPs who spend a little less time with people, in my experience....
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    what are you worst at? sensing (Si) or Thinking (Te). I know I'm ENFP because I have a decent Te but my Si SUCKS (Si is the worst function of ENFPs while Te is the worst for INFPs) It's hard to tell sometimes though. ENFPs (and ENTPs) tend to have a strong introverted side because because we are dominant intuitives and usually 1extremely intellectual (personally I can hang out with ESFPs and go crazy for hours and 10 minutes later discuss philosophy or economics with an INTJ) we also need much more time alone than most extroverts (even more than some ISs). 2Likewise INFPs can be seen as extroverts because (like all NPs) they love to talk.

1. N's are more inclined to be intellectual, because that involves dealing with intangibles, but I wouldn't say the EN would have any reason to be more intellectual than an IN, (or of course, that any type should be more smart than any other, I feel obligated to explain...)

2.Loving to talk has nothing to do with Ne (NP). INTP's don't mince words, case in point.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    i wasn't sure when i joined either. it is tricky because there are so many similarities and if you just read one you take what fits and discard the rest but everyone here helped me figure out that i was an enfp because i really do come alive when i'm with other people. they give me energy and i feel motivated to do things...when i'm alone i'm seriously lazy.

another helpful point that a member by the name of heart helped me with...she asked how i do with dark emotions...and supposedly infp's are much more comfortable with them then enfp's...i very much try to be happy all the time and create that kind of environment around me....anther thing was that...i don't really think before i speak or write...it kind of all happens at once...and i'm ridiculously expressive...everyone always knows what i'm feeling...good or bad...it's pretty embarrassing actually...she described it as what's suppose to be on the inside is on the outside...and it's totally true.
    Yes, EVERYBODY KNOWS my feelings.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan