User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You better knock that crap off if you want any more of my help.
    Duly noted.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Duly noted.
    :P

MBTI
    ?

Edit: My initial impression is ENFP, but like they're is something different I can't exactly pinpoint, you seem to be atypical INFP if you are. I can see some INFP tendencies, but your dominant function seems intuitive, Ne. I can generally tell like when an INFP is writing usually. I wish I was more of a social INFP, that sounds quite cool. You know when I read your post, I also thought NFJ, but you're saying you're not so, its probably just me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I like to try to look how how people reacted to the world before they started adapting to others around them. I'm not sure if that's "accepted" but to me it makes a lot of sense. When you look at when you were a kid what were you like?

I've been to many real life gatherings (with internet people) and before each one I still kinda freak that it won't go well and that I won't fit in. And I'm very extroverted. I could see ENFP if the reason you are shy is because you are scared of getting hurt.

My INFP friends are very different from me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    When you look at when you were a kid what were you like?
    I was a geeky intellectual teacher's pet who sought out approval continually. I can remember thinking that adults didn't know I understood their conversations but I felt that I did. (I don't know if I was right of course, but I believed I was at the time.)

Mostly, I was trying to figure out why I wasn't universally liked. I worked hard to try to please other people and to "fit in". When I was in grade school, I sometimes made up elaborate stories to try to bond with others; I remember telling one girl I took figure skating (like she did; I did not) and another instance that I had seen a scary movie (that I didn't). Thankfully I have grown out of this tendency to fabrication...

I read a great deal, favoring fantasy stories, fairy tales and make-believe places, and explored all over our farm - a great deal of imagination-based play.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmm...no expert...like i think i mentioned but i do think it's important to an enfp to be liked but very important to be accepted just as we are...like i honestly just expect it...and do the same...would never enter my head to wish myself or others to behave differently for anyone...so...in that way...doesn't sound enfp...but...others said yeah...so i don't know.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I think ENFP's action levels run in waves - we ebb and flow. I love being around people, interacting and exchanging ideas. But, it can wear me out, and then I have to go someplace where I can be quiet and reconnoiter. And I'm very much an "E", so I wouldn't ascribe needing alone time to introversion.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Wow, Elaur, your new avatar is disturbing ... I get the creepy-crawlies just looking at a knife and tongue in such close proximity!

But I digress ... LOL!

Thanks all for your thoughts. I have been reflecting on this for the last week; giving myself time to digest both the question, the responses here and my own thoughts and feelings on the subject.

How socially adriot is a typical INFP? How much "alone time" would a typical ENFP desire? I realize I'm generalizing, and any answers posted are merely generalizations themselves, but I am curious.

I have been conducting an experiment on myself - not "watching" myself quite as closely, and speaking with a little less filter on. It has been refreshing for the most part.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

really the main thing that helped me was to realize how i alive i become when i'm with other people. i can't go to sleep for a long while after a stimulating conversation or just having fun with friends...it's like a buzz or something.

and...i'm not comfortable with negative emotions. i like happy happy happy and good times...if i do get sad...you most likely won't know...because just being around people perks me up and makes me feel better.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Wow, Elaur, your new avatar is disturbing ... I get the creepy-crawlies just looking at a knife and tongue in such close proximity!

But I digress ... LOL!

Thanks all for your thoughts. I have been reflecting on this for the last week; giving myself time to digest both the question, the responses here and my own thoughts and feelings on the subject.

How socially adriot is a typical INFP? How much "alone time" would a typical ENFP desire? I realize I'm generalizing, and any answers posted are merely generalizations themselves, but I am curious.

I have been conducting an experiment on myself - not "watching" myself quite as closely, and speaking with a little less filter on. It has been refreshing for the most part.
    INFPs can be quite socially capable, just need to use more Ne. I'm not sure exactly how much alone time ENFPs would want, hmm probably the proportion will be far less than the time spent interacting with people, that probably is the ultimate pointer.

Speaking with a less filter on? Hmm, that sounds quite like something I would do. Fi is the filter that stops me from saying things at times. I've started to let go that filter too, its been good, hehe.