• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics site confused me.

phobosdiemos

MBTI Type
InFj
Enneagram
4w5
Maybe the socionics test is way off, or misleading in many way, but I've almost always tested as ISTP in most MBTI modeled tests. I'm mostly wondering if the socionics test is different and how it is different, or if maybe I'm just testing wrong.

About me: Generally quiet, but usually it's more out of lack of interest in discussed topics. I have small bursts now and then of MAJOR activity both in social situations and not-so. I'm very friendly despite my lack of social skills. Can be very aloof. I'm a very middle-ground person, and can usually see all sides to an arguement.

My friends often tell me I'm mysterious and interesting to talk to as well as knowing how to help people or at the least give good advice. I cannot see this quality in me at all, if anything I think most of what I tell people is how I would handle the situation and not how they would, but I suppose that's how advice is.

Socionics site labeled me as either ISFx or INTx. I just can't figure it out... reply if more info is need

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Maybe the socionics test is way off, or misleading in many way, but I've almost always tested as ISTP in most MBTI modeled tests. I'm mostly wondering if the socionics test is different and how it is different, or if maybe I'm just testing wrong.

About me: Generally quiet, but usually it's more out of lack of interest in discussed topics. I have small bursts now and then of MAJOR activity both in social situations and not-so. I'm very friendly despite my lack of social skills. Can be very aloof. I'm a very middle-ground person, and can usually see all sides to an arguement.

My friends often tell me I'm mysterious and interesting to talk to as well as knowing how to help people or at the least give good advice. I cannot see this quality in me at all, if anything I think most of what I tell people is how I would handle the situation and not how they would, but I suppose that's how advice is.

Socionics site labeled me as either ISFx or INTx. I just can't figure it out... reply if more info is need

You sound a lot like me, so ISTJ.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I was leaning ISFx due to your other thread...

phobosdiemos

MBTI Type
InFj
Enneagram
4w5
Maybe I'm strong IST, and lean P and J.

There's a facebook application I have installed that my friends scored me ISTP and I scored myself ISTJ so I'm pretty sure on IST. I KNOW I'm introverted, and I think more than I feel so I'm very certain IxTx are correct.

Any other helpful information I can give to maybe help you guys figure me out? Not that I'm trying to rely on other people, I just have trouble deciding on my own :|

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Oh, don't give too much about socionics. It is pretty confusing and somehow a little off sometimes, because the testing method is quite odd in a way. Many people either dun unterstand the test or just score as something really off.

If I was you I would just take another MBTI test from some other page and compare with the test you did and said you were an ISTP. Well, and in addition you can let others type you. Tho, you should pay some attention, since you could be an ISTP (or whatever else), but act a little off, which will make people think of you as something completely different. I know what I talk about. =P

phobosdiemos

MBTI Type
InFj
Enneagram
4w5
Alright, so I'll go ahead and take some tests again :p I like doing them anyway, so it should be fun.

Going to change my profile to ISTx till I better figure it out. Thanks for the help guys/girls.