User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Yet again, it's tough to say whether I am a Thinker or Feeler.
    The cognitive processes test is no longer online- see for yourself.

Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes
    It now costs a lot of money...

However, I've been thinking about some interaction I had with my friends last night, which sort of adds more conflict to the T/F thing.

I was playing video games with three of my friends and talking about politics with them. They are all 'textbook liberals' (one INTJ, two ISTJ's) while I'm more of a moderate.

I made a comment about how President-Elect Barack Obama is going to have a lot of trouble keeping most of his campaign promises given the state of the economy and that he knows this BUT had to make all of those promises to ensure winning the election.
    One of them then said, "Says the one with Republican parents."
    (I'm pretty sure this wasn't sarcastic either- I can tell when he's sarcastic and that wasn't one of those moments.)

Something about that comment really annoyed me, I noticed that as the discussion went on, I became much more critical of him than the other two- even though they were all basically saying the same things. I sort of interpreted the comment as him saying that I only believe in what I believe because that's the stuff my parents believe in. I wasn't being fair in our discussion. I was the toughest on him because of his comment.

I know he didn't make it to 'hurt my feelings', so it would have been silly to bring up how it annoyed me.

(At that point, I decided to take on a much more conservative viewpoint to deliberately conflict with my friends.)

I don't know if this is exclusively Feeler behavior or can this have a Thinking bent to it?
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Again, you need to distinguish between Fe/Ti and Fi/Te. It doesn't matter what order they are in if you are an ENP. Fe/Ti is still ENTP.

And forget that test, it doesn't help much anyway.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Again, you need to distinguish between Fe/Ti and Fi/Te. It doesn't matter what order they are in if you are an ENP. Fe/Ti is still ENTP.

And forget that test, it doesn't help much anyway.
    That will be something I need to do research on.
    Thanks Evan!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The free tests were moved to Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes) and Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes (the fee based service was actually a full session with a type coach).

I think the test is very good, because it would pick out his Ti/Fe or Te/Fi use and even take into consideration that they could be somewhat out of order for the type.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP

I know when I was at Uni I was more J typed than I really am. I think people are prone to morphing a bit to their environment. I also J type when I'm in heavey learning situations - it's a disciplined thing - just don't expect me to plan stuff to do on holiday - I'l scratch your eyes clean out.

As for the T/F I can't say I've ever experienced this, I accept that I'm a T type can't switch that bit off.

L

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I have a question which could seal what type I am.
    Can XXFP's get along really well with XXTJ's who have zilch Fi?
    I have more T friends than F friends but I think that's partially because I always found it easier to get along with other guys than girls.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

IxTJ's wouldn't have "zilch" Fi; it would be tertiary or "relief", and also possibly "inflate" itself, so these types would likely display a lot of it. For ExTJ's, it would be inferior, and still likely not "zilch"; but would depend on how far along the person is in his cognitive development.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm only 19, so I think it's difficult to say that my tertiary function has really made much of a show yet.
    When I take these tests- Fe & Si are usually my weakest functions.
    I think an XNTP would test as the weakest for these two- since Fe often conflicts with Ti and Si conflicts with Ne.
    However, I think I have a strong Fe but it rarely comes with happiness.

Here's what I would consider to be my ranking in terms of cognitive functions.
    Ne/Ti/Fi/Ni/Se/Te/Fe/Si.. I guess it could be changed to

Ne/Ti/Fe/Si/Fi/Ni/Se/Te.. dunno.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

In actual practice (as recorded in in the CP test), it seems that NTP's Si and Fe almost always come out at the bottom, when they're supposed to be 3rd and 4th. But tertiary as inflated would be the archetypal role it played, which is also known as "the eternal child". The negative side of the relief is called "unsettling", so perhaps that's what you're experiencing.

Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I was told to take the test like you were as a kid before you adjusted and changed for school/people. In college I acted more like an ESFP (and wanted to be more like one) but my actual mode of dealing with life is ENFP.

I also found some posts on another board before I took the time to look into it -and had a friend who actually knew what he was talking about help me find me- where I posted 2 different personalities.. in the same thread. (Of course that probably wont surprise any ENFP's out there )

Once I started looking at how I acted as a child I figured out how I adapted to the circumstances around me that changed my apparent personalities in those situations.