The reason I want to type this person is because I am at the same time intrigued and outraged by her.
So, meet my grandmother. She is staying with us for the holidays, however it is very difficult for me to live with such a person.
Some stuff about her:
- has an obsession with re-using absolutely everything, including food (if there are left-overs, even very old, she will cook them again, regardless if they are yet edible or not), basically a recycling mania.
- sticks her nose everwhere and always tell everyone what to do, but not in a polite way. More like giving orders.
- constantly reproaches us that we are not educated, this meaning that we are not orderly at all. She always tells us she can't understand how we can live like this. Two days after she arrived, our stuff was rearranged in the house, for the sole reason that she didn't liked how it looked. She insists on doing the dishes right after we eat. So, if I leave the dishes 15 minutes, probably I'll find them already washed by her, only to be reproached again with the fact that she has to clean our home, even though nobody asked her. All in all, she also has an obsession for order.
- she loves to be the center of attention and has a feeling of superiority towards others. She also exagerates her achievements, from her cooking to her former job.
- is judgemental about other people and critiques them a lot.
I don't know if this helps, so I'll list a few more random stuff:
- one day, she was preparing to take a medicine and I noticed it was expired, so I told her she'd better not take it. She stood by, said nothing, took the medicine and the following day, out of teh blue, she came to me and explained me that she thinks that expiry dates are tricks to make us buy more and more. Weird, huh?
- for years she didn't watch more than 9 channels of TV, only because she "couldn't" learn how to switch to channels with 2 digits, though we had repeteadly shown her how.
- spends each summer in the countryside, growing fruits and vegetables
- loves politics and talking about it
I can't think of any other stuff for the moment, but I am really curious to see what type do you think she is. If you have any questions, shoot them!