User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 119

  1. #61
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yeah? His whole shtick is getting people to join him in heaven. If I had a badass place like heaven I'd try to keep most people out.
    Good angle. I didn't think of that.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  2. #62
    sophiloist Kaizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yeah? His whole shtick is getting people to join him in heaven. If I had a badass place like heaven I'd try to keep most people out.
    umm.. the mere existence of a hell? and there is only one creator right? so a lower priority to Fe but Fe none the less?

  3. #63
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    umm.. the mere existence of a hell? and there is only one creator right? so a lower priority to Fe but Fe none the less?
    Seriously . . . you have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

    Or are you high or something?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  4. #64
    sophiloist Kaizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Seriously . . . you have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

    Or are you high or something?
    Ti deficiency?

    srsly though, think about it and it might make sense... think first structure later that is.

  5. #65
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    Ti deficiency?

    srsly though, think about it and it might make sense... think first structure later that is.
    Your position thus far is incoherent.

    The question you answered in shorthand was why would an Introvert invite everyone that's ever lived to reside with him, together, for all of eternity. That seems rather extroverted to me. With that, you made a two sentence connection expecting the people involved in this thread to connect the dots and or read your mind. You also made reference to Hell, but there isn't a Hell in Judaism - except living amongst the Goyim, if one were to consider that - so your argument only holds true (whatever it is) for Christianity.

    I suspect you have something interesting to add, so if you could elaborate by making a comprehensive argument that extends passed one or two sentences . . . that would be appreciated.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    HMM. If there were said "God," I'd say INTP or ENTP, because he's a starter, not a finisher.
    ?

    How is he not a finisher? Apparently everything will go according to "God's plan," which would mean every single action or thought we have has already been predetermined. And God already has a finished ending, and that's in revelation with the tribulations.

    And to the OP, this is strictly towards Judaism and Christianity God speaking right? Not other religions?


    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    He's more of a passive individual only intervening once every 1000+ years making him a P
    I strongly disagree with that. According to religion, specifically Christianity, God would be intervening in every single moment of our lives. Since God is omnipotent, omniscient, and transcends everything in this world, he is constantly watching over us, and protecting his followers. He is just very subtle.



    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I'm having a tough time believing that God is an I. For instance, within Christianity and Judaism, God is an active God. In Judaism, God is amongst the minion when one is formed and there is a lot of praying going on within the Jewish community three times a day, every day. Likewise, I believe the Christian God is supposed to be among them when two or more are praying. And, I'm sure that's the same case for Muslims, and them folks are praying all day, practically.
    I was actually thinking the third time around that he could quite be an INTJ. I can't picture an ENFJ getting upset when things don't go their way, but I could definitely imagine an INTJ expect things to be correct and getting extremely agitated when their plans go sour.

    And in response to the Jewish community praying three times a day...
    technically we don't even know if God really created our world in 7 days(our time), or 7 days in his time which could amount to millions of years. So three prayers a day in our time could be a lot of pestering to one of us, or it could equate to a billionth of a second or less to God. It's trippy to think about that. And some physicists say that there are at least 10 dimensions in our universe and that God should be present in all of these and possibly even another, so time might not even be a factor for God.


    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    The Christian God seems to give people a lot of chances. Especially when you consider that you can sin up the place all your life and then profess your belief in Jesus on your death be in order to get "Saved" at the last possible minute. I don't think a T would allow such a thing.
    He has given people a lot of chances, and he always promises to basically give us unlimited chances like you mentioned earlier, however it has also lost his temper quite a few times, just to mention a few popular stories, flooding the earth, sodom and gomorah(sp?), and plaguing Egypt, and this isn't to even mention stories within the people he favored. I could definitely see a T getting pissed and just screwing the people back.


    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Depends on which facet of God we're looking at...


    The Dude who created the Universe? Probably an ISTP- that takes some real craftmanship and skills

    The Unforgiving God who smites people? ENTJ... and he's watching you

    The Demented Deity who gives us the Platypus, Ebola and hailstorms? Probably an ENTP god who got bored

    The loving, forgiving God who doesn't want you to break thier commandments but if you appologize really nicely you might get into heaven? ENFJ... and you'd better appologize really nicely

    The God who just sits back and watches but does nothing? probably an INTP...

    Just depends on which God we're talking about here I guess
    I liked that, God does seem to have several different personality traits at many given times. Is it even really possibly to attempt to type someone that outclasses all of us?

  7. #67
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Judeo-Christian God - ESTJ - needs lots of validation, demands that absurd things be done ("I want macaroni pictures!"), always trying to be in control of everything, aggressive, career driven, etc, etc.

  8. #68
    sophiloist Kaizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Your position thus far is incoherent.

    The question you answered in shorthand was why would an Introvert invite everyone that's ever lived to reside with him, together, for all of eternity. That seems rather extroverted to me. With that, you made a two sentence connection expecting the people involved in this thread to connect the dots and or read your mind. You also made reference to Hell, but there isn't a Hell in Judaism - except living amongst the Goyim, if one were to consider that - so your argument only holds true (whatever it is) for Christianity.

    I suspect you have something interesting to add, so if you could elaborate by making a comprehensive argument that extends passed one or two sentences . . . that would be appreciated.
    Qualifier first.. this is a hypothetical and is more likely to serve the most universal concept of God i.e. whatever 'beliefs' or outlooks the various forms of organized religion, which generally are in a more of a canonical form than not, have in common to whatever degree and at whatever level of abstraction.

    My reasoning isn't as concrete as a definite construct would prefer to have.. but fwiw.. humankind knows that conflict isn't good = harmony is better but is weak at it and also seems to find relief in the notion... so a weak Fe = in the tertiary or inferior slot.

    So be it reincarnation or a hell, if its a benevolent, omnipresent, omniscient etc. God (or FLOABW, transcendent 'being'), then given human condition, history and the various notions of a creator God as opposed to a manipulator God, 'personality' aspects would likely have the combination of N & P, especially when considering that the leading function should be a judgmental one (which would make INTP more likely = leading Ti & since theres a tertiary Si and not an Se) or if thats what we see then a parenting T (ENTP, Te parenting with a leading Ni), with a non-leading & a non-parenting Fe, which again eliminates all but the two i.e. INTP & ENTP when considering both the 4 letter code view and the functions view of 'personality'.

    Not yet sure though if this is an exhaustive argument or not.

    And again, all hypothetical.

  9. #69
    Broud Balestinian G-Virus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    2
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    672

    Default

    If you believe in God, then you believe that God created everything. If God created everything then God also created Logic and the ability to create an abstract theory like MBTI. Is a creator bound to the laws that bind the creation? Am I bound by the parameters I impose on a computer program that I make?

    Thus God is above type and need not be typed. It's like the machine I make trying to make sense of what I am in term of machine code.

    /shitting on thread
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

    "If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

  10. #70
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    The type that doesn't exist ?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is House?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1046
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 07:15 PM
  3. What type is... gasp... GOD?
    By taylord in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 10:19 PM
  4. What type is God?
    By RaptorWizard in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 11:52 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO