User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I can sorta see ENTJ for OT God, but he is a bit less wrathy and a bit more lovey in NT so maybe ENFJ, but more likely the ENTJ God pretending to be ENFJ. Sorry, no specifics here, just a guess.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I'd rather have him explain it just so we're sure.
    Yes that's what I meant. Kinda. I read your post. Thing is God is supposed to be omnipresent. So he is everywhere. But he shows the kind of a behavior an I is likelier to show when among others - not very talkative, more passive.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

ENFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I call it ENFP crazy eyes.
    "Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes--none knows whence--and cannot explain itself." -Mark Twain, Eve's Diary

"Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it." Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Yes that's what I meant. Kinda. I read your post. Thing is God is supposed to be omnipresent. So he is everywhere. But he shows the kind of a behavior an I is likelier to show when among others - not very talkative, more passive.
    Right, but as I stated, he can't talk or be physically accessible. It has nothing to do with whether or not he wants to. To do so would create a violation of our free will.

But above and beyond that, everything is centered around the believer worshiping God via prayers, observances, and traditions - all dictated by him. So why would an I force millions of people to focus their attention on him continually?

That doesn't seem very I to me.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceTD View Post
    ENFJ
    You are wise.

Although I'm going with the ENFj at the moment.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Depends on which facet of God we're looking at...

The Dude who created the Universe? Probably an ISTP- that takes some real craftmanship and skills

The Unforgiving God who smites people? ENTJ... and he's watching you

The Demented Deity who gives us the Platypus, Ebola and hailstorms? Probably an ENTP god who got bored

The loving, forgiving God who doesn't want you to break thier commandments but if you appologize really nicely you might get into heaven? ENFJ... and you'd better appologize really nicely

The God who just sits back and watches but does nothing? probably an INTP...

Just depends on which God we're talking about here I guess
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I agree that God does seem 'I' only because in the stories of the Bible, he comes across as independent in his decisions and more of a silent do-er than one to discuss. But he has to be. To hear an actual personified voice of God would undermine his God-ness. (I might be rambling.)

But I say God is an E because I agree with what Haight said. In Christian teachings and the Bible, we are taught to always have "conversations" with God through prayer and a constant daily connection with him through nature, etc. To be able to communicate and be in tune with everyone and everything for eternity and infinity has to be an E thing. An I would be too drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I call it ENFP crazy eyes.
    "Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes--none knows whence--and cannot explain itself." -Mark Twain, Eve's Diary

"Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it." Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What type am I again?
    not narcissistic

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

An I.. no 'need' to be with 'others' to exist etc.

A judging I so leading with T/F and since Fe is the one of the two Fs that can apply, a weak or inferior Fe. Si applies more than Se

Of the two N or S, N seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    In general, I'm thinking that an S would be impossible, for all religions that I'm aware of, since creating something from nothing seems like a non-sensory endeavor. In other words, there was nothing, he internally and intellectually envisioned something prior to its physically existence, then he/she/it brought it into existence.
    Functions wise, more likely an ENTP. Otherwise an INTP.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    An I.. no 'need' to be with 'others' to exist etc.

A judging I so leading with T/F and since Fe is the one of the two Fs that can apply, a weak or inferior Fe. Si applies more than Se

Of the two N or S, N seems more like it.

Functions wise, more likely an ENTP. Otherwise an INTP.
    Yeah? His whole shtick is getting people to join him in heaven. If I had a badass place like heaven I'd try to keep most people out.