User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

deleted

He could be an ENFJ, but INFP is much more along his value system.

I think people are a bit mistaken when they say he's a T because he created a complex universe. It's complex to us but he created it, that means its not as complex to him. That is like saying damn this girl is complex though she couldn't be an F because they aren't as complex.

MBTI
    INFJ

Its impossible to type God, because he would be everything right? With all the characteristics/abilities Mixed together in one big melting pot.
    "People often Find out the truth, when its too late!!!"

Introverted (I) 78.79% Intuitive (N) 61.54% Feeling (F) 65.85% Judging (J) 60.53%

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by IrishStallion819 View Post
    Its impossible to type God, because he would be everything right? With all the characteristics/abilities Mixed together in one big melting pot.
    You are thinking in three dimensions.

MBTI
    INFJ

Saying/theorizing that god is a certain type, would then say that type is "Perfect". ( In my opinion)
    "People often Find out the truth, when its too late!!!"

Introverted (I) 78.79% Intuitive (N) 61.54% Feeling (F) 65.85% Judging (J) 60.53%

deleted

Now one dimension.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Christian God, or our vision of God?

I won't even get started on what I think of the Christian God, but a true God would have to be INFJ. Not that I necessarily believe in one.
    "Whoever stands on the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by philosophy fail
    Y'know, I went and got tea all the while thinking about HOW we could try to type God based on his/it's hypothetical attributes. Keep in mind whilst considering this (if it makes any sense at all) that this is written under the presumption that God is not only a creator (if that's even possible) but is also a "cosmic whole" kind of thing; ie. the basic essence of our universe. I also write this assuming god is impersonal.

Thinking/Feeling: If we assigned F or T to him/it, that would mean he/it designed things according to a value system. If God is a true impersonal creator he would have to be absent of T/F.

Perceiving/Judging: If the god is impersonal and the universe is deterministic in nature, he/it must be J since J represents planning on the surface level. If the god is impersonal and the universe is chaotic in nature (for example, if each "frame" of existence is determined by filtering (an) independent / random variable(s) through a logical system) he/it would be P, because his/it's must always be present to change things on-the-fly (and he must be present because true chaos has to occur on a metaphysical level).

Introvert/Extrovert: Since this god is impersonal, we're assuming it doesn't "talk" to any of us or actively try to direct us toward any end. Now, we COULD try to judge this based on whether he/it is more observant ("I made a universe, now let's see how things go") or creative ("--
    Shit, as I type this I keep thinking of new possibilities, and the more I consider the broader it gets and the more hopeless defining god in MBTI terms by philosophical criteria becomes. Plus it seems like I'm being incomprehensibly vague. I think I'll leave this unfinished before I put any more of my pseudointellect to waste.
    "Whoever stands on the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

deleted

God is not a J.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I'm having a tough time believing that God is an I. For instance, within Christianity and Judaism, God is an active God. In Judaism, God is amongst the minion when one is formed and there is a lot of praying going on within the Jewish community three times a day, every day. Likewise, I believe the Christian God is supposed to be among them when two or more are praying. And, I'm sure that's the same case for Muslims, and them folks are praying all day, practically.

And they all do this and believe this because God said he'd be with them during prayers. In other words, he volunteered to be with thousands of groups every day, all day, from here to the end of days. To me, that's not the mindset of an I.
    how about INFPs? they seem to like company(people they like).

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

God is XXXX
    He would have no preference for anything because his Extroversion and Introversion would be completely matured and balanced out. He's feel energized when talking to people as well as when doing solitary activities. It would be the same with everything else.

I've noticed that all people tend to migrate towards XXXX but have different starting points. You start with I until you've grown and matured as an introvert, during the time spent you get up to [for illustration purpose] 75% of you maximum I skill and 25% of you E skill. The rest of your life is spent in reverse, you'll get the remainder of the I as you get the remainder of the E. Eventually, if you live long enough in the correct circumstance you'll be an X.

God would be XXXX because he's perfect.